Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

spaceblancmange posted:

i think i could grow to hate lando as much as max tbh

It is impressive how Twitter allows celebrities to show their asses in record time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Zak Brown kinda reminds me of Trump

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

drat woke up this heartwarming story. If you are the son of a pension fund billionaire, you too could grind your way to the top through pure talent and win an F1 race on a track where you can't overtake if the safety car comes out after the leader pits.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

drat woke up this heartwarming story. If you are the son of a pension fund billionaire, you too could grind your way to the top through pure talent and win an F1 race on a track where you can't overtake if the safety car comes out after the leader pits.

I mean, the difference between Lando and Lance is Lando is actually really good at this, apparently.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

lmao at the Leper's Colony today

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://www.racefans.net/2024/05/06/norris-calls-trump-someone-youve-got-to-have-a-lot-of-respect-for/

Lol

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

i assume there is nobody in F1 who isn't some degree of broke brained given their huge wealth

except our lewis and maybe big valt, who is a washed up driver but a good lad

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

It's what I have always said - Miami is the best GP.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

refleks posted:

It's what I have always said - Miami is the best GP.

I've never said Miami is anything other than a classic race track

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Just watched the vod, great race and great result

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

A lot of naysayers that turned off the race when it was clearly going to be a banger are looking awfully silly now.

I for example didn't fall asleep right before the safety car and stayed up watching the whole thing...

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

Get in there Lando

loving McLaren!

Any chance I could get one of these done with a pic of Lewis. P6 or whatever. And big word art lettering says “not bad for vacation year”

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

He’s just wanting the orange man to come to COTA and see if he is a good luck charm.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lando is a rich kid who has been in constant PR training since he was a teenager and is saying whatever vaguely respectful things that "centrists" think come across as neutral. It's not that serious. If it bothers you then just think about Andrea Stella.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

wicka posted:

Lando is a rich kid who has been in constant PR training since he was a teenager and is saying whatever vaguely respectful things that "centrists" think come across as neutral. It's not that serious. If it bothers you then just think about Andrea Stella.

Yeah there was no endorsement language in anything I read Norris saying. It's all neutral rich people respect fluff so you don't piss off somebody powerful enough to ruin your week.

Norris isn't about to ruin his victory celebration in Miami by pissing off the chuds all around him.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Yeah there was no endorsement language in anything I read Norris saying. It's all neutral rich people respect fluff so you don't piss off somebody powerful enough to ruin your week.

Norris isn't about to ruin his victory celebration in Miami by pissing off the chuds all around him.

"There's a lot of special and cool people that have been here this weekend. [And also Donald Trump], who you've got to have a lot of respect for."

Media training absolutely kicking in by putting all the positive things as a generalisation and the specifics as 'well, I guess people say' type of stuff.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

TruMcLaren

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Vando posted:

"There's a lot of special and cool people that have been here this weekend. [And also Donald Trump], who you've got to have a lot of respect for."

Media training absolutely kicking in by putting all the positive things as a generalisation and the specifics as 'well, I guess people say' type of stuff.

:lando:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

i assume there is nobody in F1 who isn't some degree of broke brained given their huge wealth

except our lewis and maybe big valt, who is a washed up driver but a good lad

Nando's dad was a mechanic for a mining company.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

follows a sport filled with horrible billionaires and dodgy middle eastern money/human right abuses, gets upset because one of the teams didn't just murder trump on sight

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Zak Brown is a rich guy from Orange County. How the gently caress could he not be a Trump supporter...

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I found where Max's performance went

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

follows a sport filled with horrible billionaires and dodgy middle eastern money/human right abuses, gets upset because one of the teams didn't just murder trump on sight

i cant believe we live in a society

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ArmedZombie posted:

Nando's dad was a mechanic for a mining company.

Ocon's dad was a mechanic as well

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Thanks Ants posted:

lmao at the Leper's Colony today

it's beautiful

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Just caught up. In the timeless words of Norris: "gently caress."

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
If you're thinking about excusing billionaire offspring motorsportists for having bad takes because they all have bad takes, please remember Sir Goddamn Lewis

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I may be misunderstanding your point but Lewis' family is famously the exact opposite of billionaires

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
To clarify, the tone of the excuses I often see seems to be "people in high level motorsport are just all chuds" and that view I reject

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I didn't watch the race but lol @ mclaren and norris fans tripping over themselves to downplay the trump bootlicking. shameful.

ferrari remains the only good and pure team with absolutely no downsides. you might even say they own.

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

poste du monocylindre
lewis the only one who even vaguely gets it. also the only one to post about palestine :allears:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SocksAndSandals posted:

Just caught up. In the timeless words of Norris: "TRUMP."

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I still can't understand why KMag got a penalty for Logan driving into him

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
even when Lewis doesn't win he remains ftw

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

I still can't understand why KMag got a penalty for Logan driving into him

SEC refs

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Thing is, most of these rich idiots are at least smart enough to keep their mouths shut.

Oh, Lando, you really had to let the mask slip, didn’t you?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I hereby renounce my Papaya Bois tag.

Although with that shade of orange we should’ve seen this coming.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

wicka posted:

I may be misunderstanding your point but Lewis' family is famously the exact opposite of billionaires

i think he means lewis has good takes (#blessed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I hereby renounce my Papaya Bois tag.

Although with that shade of orange we should’ve seen this coming.

:smugdon: