Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

insane anime posted:

ive been a certified drake hater for years. one of thousand examples https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4043445

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Crystal Lake Witch posted:

My English teacher was called out of the room to be given the news, and when he came back he was clearly shaken and then launched into a speech about how the world was about to become a darker and more challenging place, and 'the onus is on you to push back against that with positivity'

I mostly remember him pausing his speech to go dramatically look out the window, it was very Sorkin.

He never actually told us what had happened.

"so hey, everything's poo poo now, kthx do good kids"

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it's better advice than I got. I don't remember anything about that day other than my teacher going "oh poo poo" and all of us being led out to the parking lot to be picked up by our parents lol

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I agree, drakes suck. they're just lovely dragons

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

https://twitter.com/bursterasure/status/1786646624921354403?s=46&t=N0lNaQP2ZgqDc-HWgm2zMw

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Not to ruining your joke, but Drake was a well known surname even in medieval times.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Not to ruin your joke, but *ruins joke*

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Alhazred posted:

Not to ruining your joke, but Drake was a well known surname even in medieval times.

Thanks for cracking down on this poo poo. What's more, there's no known method of time travel yet.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Thanks for cracking down on this poo poo. What's more, there's no known method of time travel yet.

I'm in shambles

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i was in kindergarten and don't remember it at all.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
We are all missing the most important news of the year. Gamers rose up and won.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I lived in AZ at the time, so the first crash had already happened before I had to wake up for school. My mom woke me up crying, telling me a plane had crashed into the WTC. I remember saying “oh, sorry” then trying to go back to sleep since I was having a dream where I had my own Digimon.

We still had the first few classes as normal at school despite everything, then after lunch instead of playing “Channel One,” the educational show they made us watch every day, they played the news on the class TVs and we sat there silently and watched them play the crash videos over and over until the principal announced we could go home. Then I played Klonoa 2.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Also, dragons were never real

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
recreating 9/11 in simcity 3000 by plopping down a few world trade centers and using the bulldozer tool :twisted:

symbolic posted:

this is a mood but more so is when olds talk about getting to the airport like 20 minutes before your flight bc security is just basically a metal detector, being able to walk family and friends right up to the gate, being invited into the cockpit to watch the pilots...like wot the gently caress...fantasyland...

i remember my grandma getting stopped at security because she had brought a knife in her purse for carving fruit - they let her pass.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Alhazred posted:

thanks

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i think microsoft bans you from flight sim if you try to fly a plane into the towers

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Dongicus posted:

i think microsoft bans you from flight sim if you try to fly a plane into the towers

dating sims on the other hand...

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

SirSamVimes posted:

say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
he'll duck you

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 11 days!)

my friend and i processed 9/11 in our own way and for months afterwards we would periodically act out a skit where the statue of liberty came to life and ate the planes, then just as everyone thought the day was saved, she also ate the twin towers

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol, nervously

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Remember the Star Wars 9/11 photoshop thread? That was a good thread.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 11 days!)

everyone's memory of 9/11 is linked to a specific video game they were allowed to play all day as an alternative to watching the towers fall down over and over. mine was spyro 3

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I was at work and I clearly remember walking to the post office to send off the mail while listening in horror to the reports coming in on the radio. I remember hearing one lady say "they're jumping out the windows" in this low, horrified voice. Then once I got home, trying to get hold of my buddy who lived in New Jersey. That took a while. She was fine!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

everyone's memory of 9/11 is linked to a specific video game they were allowed to play all day as an alternative to watching the towers fall down over and over. mine was spyro 3

mine was circle of the moon

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Our teachers didn't tell us jack poo poo, I just remember various kids going home early but I stayed the whole time and then my friend's mom picked us up and we tried going to the mall and it was closed. RIP.

Ibram Gaunt has a new favorite as of 12:49 on May 6, 2024

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

An Actual Princess posted:

mine was circle of the moon

mine was gran turismo 2

playing cotm right now though, it's pretty cool

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
i was one of the kids bush was reading to on 9/11, he was really nice in person kind of guy you'd like to have a beer with

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
A late summer storm blew my PC's power supply sometime around the first week of September, so while it was in the shop I was cut off from my IRC friends for a spell. About a week after the attacks I talked my mom into giving me a couple of bucks to walk down to the local community center to use their brand new computer lab, and signed on to an AIM browser client of some kind to get in touch with one of my friends. I told them what happened, and then, being 15 and having absolutely no idea how to broach the topic, I asked, "So, did you hear about the terrorist attacks?" which elicited a literal "...yes, I did." in response

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
mine was kirby 64

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mine was majora's mask

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it was a rental and it cost more money because i had to rent the expansion pak too smh

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

nexus tk

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I knew how Majora's Mask started, so when my friend got to play it for hours before me, I told him that it was wasted on him and he'd probably get turned into a Deku Scrub.

He sent me a message on AIM that just said "gently caress you" later, lol.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

team fortress classic

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

I knew how Majora's Mask started, so when my friend got to play it for hours before me, I told him that it was wasted on him and he'd probably get turned into a Deku Scrub.

He sent me a message on AIM that just said "gently caress you" later, lol.

lol

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

insane anime posted:

ive been a certified drake hater for years. one of thousand examples https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4043445

lmao

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

they meant the restaurant, doc. maybe do some research and. just. .be. bretter?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Alhazred posted:

whats hosed up is drake is the word for a male duck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its so hosed up