Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

I've been laughing at this all morning, it's the funniest poo poo :lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slust
Oct 22, 2021

Infidelicious posted:

Yeah, not giving a poo poo about anything doesn't personally effect you is the mark of a true hero.

Yeah thats one way to misunderstand what I said I guess

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Hello thread! It got testy in here earlier, reports flying.

I hope that we moderate more intelligently than just slamming the first person who gets annoyed. There were a couple of posters here insinuating that anyone who was going to be excluded by the PSN requirement was 'toxic' or 'just needs to make an account' and that poo poo sucks. Just because gamers elsewhere were reacting badly and harassing devs etc doesn't mean it was happening everywhere, and especially doesn't mean it was happening here. Scoffing at problems because they don't affect you personally or your country is lovely.

It's great that Sony walked the requirement back. I'm glad everyone gets to continue playing with their friends. People affected by the requirement still get to be annoyed that it happened and annoyed that a few posters here seemed to take it as a golden opportunity to poo poo on posters from unsupported countries.

If you want to make fun of the 'it's like Rosa Parks' people, then make fun of those people. Don't decide that anyone upset is therefore 'throwing a gamer tantrum'.

Stop being shits to each other.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

i'm sure that the honorable gamers will do the right thing and revert those 200,000 negative reviews now, of course?
Nah, they shouldn't. I love HD2 and Sony is making the right decision here, but even trying to do it deserves a low review.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Last night I had a super fun Bot 7 mission. I came with a Blitzer, stun grenades, orbital EMS, Quasar, rocket pods and precision strikes. We were like commandos dodging patrols and every time we met a big group of enemies I'd immediately drop a stun on them before everyone else dropped every bit of ordnance they had. Only saw a single flare go off we were killing the bots so fast.

Also the first time I've seen players do a sample drop. We collected most of the samples and then went to the extraction point before finishing the mission, dropped off the samples at the landing pad and continued onward. Seems like a clever way to keep your samples safe if firefights get too hairy and then you pick them up on your way out of the mission.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

You have taken the first step on the long climb to liberty!

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
All they needed was some "freedom pack" where you get some cosmetics and space bucks when linking to PSN and even people from places without PSN would've found a way to make an account lol

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Arc Hammer posted:

Last night I had a super fun Bot 7 mission. I came with a Blitzer, stun grenades, orbital EMS, Quasar, rocket pods and precision strikes. We were like commandos dodging patrols and every time we met a big group of enemies I'd immediately drop a stun on them before everyone else dropped every bit of ordnance they had. Only saw a single flare go off we were killing the bots so fast.

Also the first time I've seen players do a sample drop. We collected most of the samples and then went to the extraction point before finishing the mission, dropped off the samples at the landing pad and continued onward. Seems like a clever way to keep your samples safe if firefights get too hairy and then you pick them up on your way out of the mission.

Wait, you can drop samples?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Crows Turn Off posted:

Nah, they shouldn't. I love HD2 and Sony is making the right decision here, but even trying to do it deserves a low review.

Nah, please stop punishing the devs for the mistakes of the publisher now that the publisher is walking this back

Estel
May 4, 2010

Electric_Mud posted:

Yes, on keyboard is holding the X key.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Ice Fist posted:

Nah, please stop punishing the devs for the mistakes of the publisher now that the publisher is walking this back
Didn't they say they knew about it and didn't say anything until now, presumably to increase sales?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Electric_Mud posted:

Hold X on PC
Hold D-Pad Down on PS

You'll get this menu

Drop your backpack, weapon, samples, or mission pickup

On higher difficulties, 7 and above, you'll generally find players who collect Super Samples will drop those off near the extract if it's near
You do that so JUST as you're about to get Pelican-1 for extract, you pick up the samples, and get on.

Reason for it is usually if poo poo starts going sideways with multiple drops/breaches you care less about Helldivers extracting and more to make sure the samples get back (For Democracy Ship Upgrades)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Crows Turn Off posted:

Didn't they say they knew about it and didn't say anything until now, presumably to increase sales?

More like they were too focused on keeping the servers from catching on fire and didn't pay the PSN issue enough attention, and that they don't handle the sales end of the game at all.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Crows Turn Off posted:

They've said they turned it off to avoid server fires and warned Sony that turning it back on was going to cause issues.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Im glad people are able to play a great game.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Yea honestly the devs have been pretty transparent and engaging a lot with the community since release and this is something that's beyond their control.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Nordick posted:

I've been laughing at this all morning, it's the funniest poo poo :lmao:

Oh man imagine if they make that one of the possible link psn account bonuses. I know they won’t but still lol

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Astrochicken posted:

Im glad people are able to play a great game.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

The future of this game is going to be super interesting. The game features such granular detail in both visual style and game mechanics, I expect not only many more vehicles/weapons/support items but more interesting game modes and objectives too.

gimme the dang sidecar motorcycle already arrowhead

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Electric_Mud posted:

You can drop your sample container, support weapon, and/or backpack. This is the way to survive if a supply stratagem gets stuck on your shield bubble.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

They can also stick to the ballistic shield :eng101: Shoutout to whoever 380’d themselves on Menket yesterday.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

i'm sure that the honorable gamers will do the right thing and revert those 200,000 negative reviews now, of course?

as soon as steamdb shows a reversal of the restricted regions sure

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

What about the ones who asked for a refund? They have to just rebuy the game now? lol

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I had a guy in game say dropping samples at extract spawns patrols now.

I have no idea if that's true and I don't know if I care that much, but this game is all about throwing around unsupported guesses like they're gods honest truth so don't drop samples anymore or you are a bad person.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

ghostinmyshell posted:

Looks the grift is now pivoting to still demanding the CMs to be fired including the one that “made up” things about that loving ex-blizzard king grifter piece of poo poo. They are trying to keep normal players who were upset to stop changing their reviews back until serious mgmt changes occur and people are fired.

cool, they'll drive everyone who was right to leave a negative review out from their cause. it's very easy to convince people to be mad about having to do something they didn't have to do. it's hard to keep them mad when everything initially asked for has been capitulated.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

I have no idea if that's true and I don't know if I care that much, but this game is all about throwing around unsupported guesses like they're gods honest truth so don't drop samples anymore or you are a bad person.

When you drop the samples at extract you need to throw salt over both your shoulders and not step on a crack to avoid spawning more patrols.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Very cool that 200,000 review bombers ruined this nice game's steam page 24 hours before Sony rectified the issue

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

how? Also spawning patrols where nobody is would be a good thing?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Dropping samples doesn't spawn patrols but, being at extract even if it's not active does increase patrol spawn rate untill everyone leaves the area, so don't dick around.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

ghostinmyshell posted:

Oh man imagine if they make that one of the possible link psn account bonuses. I know they won’t but still lol

I thought the same. I would do it if only for the lols.

Hell, name the cape 'the most oppressed group'. Layers of irony!

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

Spawn rate is increased when players are near the extraction point but I highly doubt dropping samples does the same.

e: Astro :arghfist:

mirarant fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 6, 2024

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

smoobles posted:

Very cool that 200,000 review bombers ruined this nice game's steam page 24 hours before Sony rectified the issue

Very cool that Sony rectified the issue 24 hours after 200,000 review bombers ruined this nice game's steam page.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

smoobles posted:

There is a tremendous amount of ignorance regarding Sony's notoriously anti consumer business practices. Sometimes when you lay down with dogs you get fleas

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Hey at least we got to rush to the defense a billion dollar company

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

raverrn posted:

Very cool that Sony rectified the issue 24 hours after 200,000 review bombers ruined this nice game's steam page.

Yeah that's true

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dravs posted:

It would have been such a small issue if they just offered some free cosmetics to players who linked steam with a PSN account and probably would have got 90% of the player base to do it. Everyone loves free hats.

While I agree, if you don't think GameRs wouldn't have still raged out about this somehow then we have learned nothing from this entire debacle.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Potato Salad posted:

Regardless it seems almost unreal that Sony would back down on exercising their otherwise-unflagging prerogative regarding PSN. Utterly unbelievable.

1. Sony planned on doing it this way specifically to create maximum impact and suffering. Sony was not planning on backing down until it became clear that the refunds would overwhelm the financial gain from people making free PSN accounts. Sony only cares about subscriber numbers because that inflates some executive's bonus somewhere, we think.

2. Some idiot at Sony put an announcement out because they realized that the agreed upon date for switching over to PSN was coming up so they whipped up a boilerplate and blasted it out on twitter before going home for the weekend, blissfully unaware of the shitstorm they created. Devs scramble to get someone's attention, ultimately get in contact with someone else at sony who's stupid enough to answer work email on a saturday and the whole thing gets resolved.

Which of these two scenarios seems more likely to you? Have y'all worked in corporations before?

Yes, Sony is a calcified corporate hellhole with bad policies, worse security and even worse customer service, but i think people are confused as to how exactly that tends to manifest in the real world. i'm more than willing to accept it's a little of column A and B but please remember hanlon's razor here.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Which of these two scenarios seems more likely to you?

NGL they kinda sound roughly equally feasible to me

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

I'm really glad this is resolved one way or the other. I certainly didn't expect Sony to totally capitulate and I admit that my prediction of what they'd do was wrong. I do have concerns that this will encourage more vitriolic pitchfork mob behavior in the future but I guess we'll have to wait and see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

johnny park posted:

I do have concerns that this will encourage more vitriolic pitchfork mob behavior in the future but I guess we'll have to wait and see

the guys mad about the stellar blade lady's thighs are like "why couldn't we pull it off???"