Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
We just bought our house Dec 15.

Our mortgage was with United Wholesale Mortgage.

It is getting transferred to Mr Cooper.

Should I be concerned in any way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That’s cool that a teacher got retirement up and running. Maybe you can hang with him he seems pretty cool.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Duckman2008 posted:

No, this is standard practice. It might not even stay with Mr.Cooper, although I'd say the chances are pretty good it will, as they're a very large mortgage servicer.

My loan was originated with JG Wentworth, went to Wells Fargo, then to Mr.Cooper where it's stayed.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
My loan has just stayed with chase, I hope it doesn’t move their website is pretty good…

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
My mortgage got sold basically immediately, but I still made payments and did all my paperwork through the original bank. It was a total non-event as far as I was concerned.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Duckman2008 posted:

This is normal mortgage poo poo, but as someone who's mortgage is owned by Mr Cooper, gently caress Mr. Cooper. Good god they're worthless.

This isn't a new thing either. They used to be Nationstar and re-branded in part because everyone hated them.

Pay attention them and brace yourself to sit on the phone for a few hours if they gently caress something up. Their CS is god awful. My tip is when you get into their phone tree and can't find the option you want, go to "mortgages" and keep buttons until you get a salesperson, then tell them the phone tree brought you here and could you please give me the correct number for someone to help with my issue with an existing mortgage? Literally the only way I've found to resolve crap with them.

The thing they gently caress up with me annually involves a check box on their end they should be able to check off but can't because of some software problem. At least that's what the clearly ill trained lady who was working the system that day told me. She straight up said I'd probably have to call every year because she couldn't check the greyed out box that she needed to check off to prevent me from getting nasty grams about my insurance.

In summation: gently caress Mr. Cooper.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Chase services my mortgage and they seem pretty ok

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cyrano4747 posted:

This is normal mortgage poo poo, but as someone who's mortgage is owned by Mr Cooper, gently caress Mr. Cooper. Good god they're worthless.

This isn't a new thing either. They used to be Nationstar and re-branded in part because everyone hated them.

Pay attention them and brace yourself to sit on the phone for a few hours if they gently caress something up. Their CS is god awful. My tip is when you get into their phone tree and can't find the option you want, go to "mortgages" and keep buttons until you get a salesperson, then tell them the phone tree brought you here and could you please give me the correct number for someone to help with my issue with an existing mortgage? Literally the only way I've found to resolve crap with them.

The thing they gently caress up with me annually involves a check box on their end they should be able to check off but can't because of some software problem. At least that's what the clearly ill trained lady who was working the system that day told me. She straight up said I'd probably have to call every year because she couldn't check the greyed out box that she needed to check off to prevent me from getting nasty grams about my insurance.

In summation: gently caress Mr. Cooper.

Oh great.

But basically nothing to do but go with the flow and wait and see. Fun poo poo.

Second question: so like, if I want to re finance down the road because rates go down or whatever, can I got through the same person who I got the OG mortgage setup with, or do I have to go through this new company?

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
Mortgage lenders can sell two things when you get a home loan. They can sell your actual mortgage, and they can sell the mortgage servicing rights ("MSRs"). They can sell them to two different groups even! The thing you'll actually care about is if they sell the MSRs because then you'll get a new (probably bad) phone tree to deal with. Not much you can do about it unless you can find a place that will portfolio your loan, and even if they do that there's no real guarantee they'll keep yours, or not change their mind later.

Duckman, you can contact anyone you want to refinance your loan.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

That’s cool that a teacher got retirement up and running. Maybe you can hang with him he seems pretty cool.

:golfclap:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

SpartanIvy posted:

I built a 300K BTU NG fire pit.

I misread this as BUG fire pit at first, and was a bit confused, but it did bring back pleasant memories of the last bug fire pit I built (well, helped build, team effort).

Someday I aspire to buy up a bunch of land and do the same poo poo in my yard.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Duckman2008 posted:

Second question: so like, if I want to re finance down the road because rates go down or whatever, can I got through the same person who I got the OG mortgage setup with, or do I have to go through this new company?

Refinancing is just taking out a new mortgage and using it to pay off the old one. Unless you are in the quite rare situation of having early payment restrictions, your current mortgage holder doesn't need to be involved except to get repaid at the end of the process by your new mortgage.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like I am in the movie the Money Pit

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Muir posted:

Refinancing is just taking out a new mortgage and using it to pay off the old one. Unless you are in the quite rare situation of having early payment restrictions, your current mortgage holder doesn't need to be involved except to get repaid at the end of the process by your new mortgage.

Awesome. I thought so but wanted to check thank you.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Sometimes I feel like I am in the movie the Money Pit

Just FYI the ventilation only comes out the rectangular hole with the vent tube attached. Internal speed holes will not allow you to pay off your mortgage faster, hth

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hadlock posted:

Just FYI the ventilation only comes out the rectangular hole with the vent tube attached. Internal speed holes will not allow you to pay off your mortgage faster, hth

Oh!!! And they had to cut into the stucco outside and! It loving rained again in LA last night. Luckily it wasn’t super windy so the rain probably didn’t get into the walls but wtf.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Did they tell you they'd be done in two weeks?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sirotan posted:

Did they tell you they'd be done in two weeks?

Well he said one day but they aren’t coming back to patch till tomorrow morning soooo.

It’s fine though because they are gonna patch because I only paid for half of the job.

I need to contact the HOA about painting outside because I have no clue what the paint color is.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

MarcusSA posted:

Well he said one day but they aren’t coming back to patch till tomorrow morning soooo.

It’s fine though because they are gonna patch because I only paid for half of the job.

I need to contact the HOA about painting outside because I have no clue what the paint color is.

If you go to a local Sherwin Williams or other paint store, they usually keep on file the colors of various HoA buildings. If you are in a densely populated area with a lot of options, you are better off asking the HoA directly. If they can't give you the color info or have to look it up just ask where they got it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

people complain about hoas a lot but you just need to learn how to effectively deal with them, when it comes to paint rules you can use whatever color you want and if the hoa complains spray poo poo onto the president's house

SamsCola
Jun 5, 2009
Pillbug

QuarkJets posted:

people complain about hoas a lot but you just need to learn how to effectively deal with them, when it comes to paint rules you can use whatever color you want and if the hoa complains spray poo poo onto the president's house

Only if it comes from the Paris region of France. Otherwise it's just sparkling vandalism.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Sadly I need to buy a diswasher.

Budget is $600-$700, anyone have experiences with either of these models?

https://www.costco.com/samsung-46-d...stainless+steel

https://www.costco.com/whirlpool-top-control-dishwasher-with-soak-and-clean-cycle.product.100682823.html

Looking to get 5ish years out fo this until we do a kitchen reno and replace everything.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Upgrade posted:

https://www.costco.com/whirlpool-top-control-dishwasher-with-soak-and-clean-cycle.product.100682823.html

Looking to get 5ish years out fo this until we do a kitchen reno and replace everything.

One thing I do know is that samsung can suck it. Never ever again anything samsung.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I have this exact model and have no complaints with the caveat that I’ve only had it for about 6 months. I did find that I need to top up the rinse aid reservoir now and then (as manufacturer recommended) to get plastic stuff completely dry, though I gather that might vary on how hard your water is.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
I am not an appliance expert but 5 years ago I bought the quietest Samsung dishwasher on the market iirc something like 39-44 db rated.

Very glad I sprung for the quietness. It has been fine and operated without any issues. My one complaint is that the filter at the bottom gets very nasty and the cleaning gets less effective. Cleaning that filter is a disgusting task.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I bought this LG and couldn't be happier. Samsung is a hard avoid for appliances and the dishwasher I was replacing was a nearly-new Kitchenaid that had no specific faults other than it absolutely could not get dishes clean. Whirlpool makes Kitchenaid so that was also off the list.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Upgrade posted:

I have an older two-rack version of the whirlpool (wdt730pahz) and am very happy with it. It is quiet (not silent) yet gets dishes drat clean even when I load it to the gills. It came with the house but I believe it is roughly five or six years old.

Cycle takes about three hours, but that's the norm now and I really cannot emphasize enough how drat effective the thing is at cleaning dishes.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Upgrade posted:

I’ve had that Samsung for 2 years with no issues. Works great, quiet, does a good job on the dishes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Samsung for a long time was on the avoid at all costs list, but in the last couple years, they have made substantial changes to a lot of products and improved on them significantly.

skybolt_1
Oct 21, 2010
Fun Shoe
Can't believe nobody has suggested "literally any dishwasher made by Bosch" yet. I just replaced a POS whirlpool that the PO had slammed in the week before closing 8 years ago and the Bosch is a million times better at cleaning.

The whirlpool ate the main motor assembly and a control board and would randomly not clean dishes even though it appeared to be running its cycle.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

skybolt_1 posted:

Can't believe nobody has suggested "literally any dishwasher made by Bosch" yet. I just replaced a POS whirlpool that the PO had slammed in the week before closing 8 years ago and the Bosch is a million times better at cleaning.

The whirlpool ate the main motor assembly and a control board and would randomly not clean dishes even though it appeared to be running its cycle.

I think since he is planning a reno in a few years and will replace it, they should save yhe Bosch until then.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

You can get the nicer appliance now and reinstall it down the road after the reno!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

brugroffil posted:

You can get the nicer appliance now and reinstall it down the road after the reno!

Sure, but I am assuming since they specifically stated so, that there is a reason why that won't work, such as a planned conversion in color scheme.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

swickles posted:

Sure, but I am assuming since they specifically stated so, that there is a reason why that won't work, such as a planned conversion in color scheme.

Correct - right now we’re just going with stainless, but in the future may not.

Also the Bosch at the price point we want to spend doesn’t have a third rack, which is something I like.

I know this is also blasphemy, but I’ve used a
Bosch for a few years now in my office and I don’t love it.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I've read Bosch has pretty terrible drying. The higher models need a function that opens the door at the end of cycle to help out drying.

I'm not really sure if any do great at drying in a non-heated dry mode though anyway.

My old place I spent to get the 42db LG and it was did good at cleaning. I did not realize how quiet it was until my new place which has a 60+db dishwasher which is very noisy and doesn't have any heated dry mode at all.

This doesn't really help I suppose, just been thinking about what to replace mine with.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I liked the Samsung , I think the same model, but it broke after 3 (?) years and I replaced it with a Bosch. Bosch is better at everything, except if you leave clean dishes in then they get wet??

The Samsung was the first dishwasher we owned that opened to dry, that part is great. Just get the extended warranty, plastic poo poo broke a few times and I got sick of fixing or paying to fix it.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I got a Bosch last year and it cleans and dries everything great. I just use the crystal dry feature for every wash and there might be a little water sitting inside a bowl or in the rim of a plastic container but you dump it out and it's totally fine??

Also op just get a Bosch with a panel front, then you can buy once cry once and customize the front of it once you make a design decision on your new kitchen.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
My Bosh is functionally amazing, but I will say there's one big negative.

I cannot for the life of me actually figure out how to use it. I basically just do things at random, push buttons and open and close it and turn it off and on over and over again until it starts running and hope it does a full cycle. It does have a manual, which I read (multiple times), but it doesn't make much sense and doesn't seem to correlate with how it actually behaves in any real way (except that its how I figured out the repeatedly opening and closing was crucial to getting it to start, the manual mentioned that some buttons only work when the door is open).

That this is still, hands down, a massive and undeniable improvement over every previous dishwasher I've ever owned is saying something, hah.

I do just wish it had a user interface that was comprehensible to a mere human being and buttons where their labels correlated a bit more closely to what they did, but thats a sacrifice I'm willing to make for a device that reliably gets my dishes clean.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Sirotan posted:

buy once cry once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Did your dishwasher come with a manual? That's what I would check first if I didn't know how to use it