Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I’m bleeding, making me the victor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Alan Smithee posted:

"Everyone saying I am a rap god
If i was diddling kids they would have made me a mod"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

thathonkey posted:

i dont know what his core audience is actually considered by the numbers but lots of black women (meaning adults) do listen to drake. it brings me no pleasure to report this

Like circa Take Care. He's been getting less and less popular

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

More Life was his last good project , everything after has been total poo poo

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?lang=en

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

its really impressive how hard the falloff was after more life. every album after has like 2 radio hit bangers and the rest is pure dogshit

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

agreed, everything since then has been a mixture of tiktok songs and 20+ track bloated "double album" releases of pure dog poo poo that would have been edited out if he had anyone in his team that wasn't a yesman

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Been thinking about this one a lot during this

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I’ve never heard a diss track that was a tapout track good god. He spent the whole weekend farming twitter riders and r/drizzy and the results are, well, that.

Ring the drat bell

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

if im kendrick im doubling down on the daughter and rapping over hard knock life

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

And that’s saying something because more life was awful

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

And that’s saying something because more life was awful

it has some bangers.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

https://youtu.be/jGZOjz-w4u0?si=NJ-1gCGkp3h5WL17

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

im on my phone someone quote me and embed that

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I want Kendrick to collect tracks from the greatest producers like infinity stones and drop a diss album so hard Drake fades from existence

I can’t be the only one curious what pure hatred on RZA beat or some old school lil Jon crunk track would sound like

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

waiting for kendrick to call him the harvester of pauses or Yung Garnier fructis the precum baby on wax

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

quote:

He wasn't scared of Drizzy, but Drizzy was scared of him
Maybe that was the problem
Then, one night, Drizzy sent his ninja spies to our house
They were supposed to kill my father but they didn't
*Woman screaming*
That was the night everything changed

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

prayer group posted:

i really like how many non-regulars this poo poo attracted to the thread. we got BBG in here! we got an old white lady with a homestuck avatar! what up yall!
What can I say, I live for drama.

Also it's an excuse to really dig into Kendrick's back catalogue and I'm prepared to have my mind blown.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

after sleeping on it. why didnt Drake release texts or recording that he did plant that false information. Are we just going to have to take his word for it? he let "Drake is a pedophile" trend for 24 hours and they played it in the club. They're chanting OV HOEEE in the streets.

but now I'm supposed to believe that Drake planted stories about him being a pedophile? like what

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2VhEnmCiQ

masego is entering the beef with a sax version of BBL drizzy lol. This the best beef of all time lol

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

after sleeping on it. why didnt Drake release texts or recording that he did plant that false information. Are we just going to have to take his word for it? he let "Drake is a pedophile" trend for 24 hours and they played it in the club. They're chanting OV HOEEE in the streets.

but now I'm supposed to believe that Drake planted stories about him being a pedophile? like what

i think it's generally the only corner people feel they can go to if they got gently caress else to work with, trying to spin it around and make it look like they've wanted this outcome from the start. it's, obviously, a really bad strategy for multiple reasons, especially for the reasons already outlined, but hey.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

drake claiming that he's only pretending to be a pedo to puppetmaster kenny:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Trolls never admit to performing an act. Drake's no Troll.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Lmao

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Funny this is how many are first exposed to Lamar, drat. has some all-time greats for being 7 years old

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Atoramos posted:

Funny this is how many are first exposed to Lamar, drat. has some all-time greats for being 7 years old

im jealous of them. I wish I could listen to good kid maad city or TPAB for the first time again

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

The planted stories is just the 11-year-old daughter bit, I think. But as you point out, he didn't release that info after Meet the Grahams, when it would have been (a little) believable that it was a planted trap, he did it after Not Like Us, which didn't touch on the daughter at all. So "Actually I wanted you to say that, it's a trick" is getting associated with "Probably A Minor". But also it's way funnier to talk about Drake's master plan to make everyone think he's a pedophile.

Also hello, I'm another distant bystander getting drawn in by this glorious immolation. This is everywhere.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

im jealous of them. I wish I could listen to good kid maad city or TPAB for the first time again

Saw him do most of it live back in '18 and I'm still recovering

oh and yea Drake shouldn't have went with "I expected this Epstein poo poo" because it really drives the idea that Epstein poo poo is what he fed Lamar

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 6, 2024

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Drake heard drill was big and thought it meant dril and thats why this response is about getting corncobbed

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
you know what else was on more life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8HtwsnuTIw

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Atoramos posted:

My hot take is that it's his best album, no disrespect to GMKC but drat. is so loving airtight. same reason I'm such a big fan of RAMONA PARK BROKE MY HEART by Vince, it feels like each of those guys stripped down to their perfect essence

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/electrolemon/status/1787487693729083402

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Holy poo poo

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
gently caress me I'm crying laughing at 10:30 AM

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

lmao i love electrolemon so much

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

oh my god

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I mean... He started it by using AI Tupac. AI ain't fun if you arnt the only dude with it.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqICljRtpCE

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Still prefer this one tbh but they’re both great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Atoramos posted:

of all of Kendrick's all time greats you name drat is some low bar, I'd put Section.80 ahead of it at a base level