Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hBNGnogETs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
neato

they gotta fire whoever wrote that copy jfc

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
my understanding is that its very difficult to translate chinese into english

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

It does look pretty good but even I, someone that bought a standalone MP3 player in 2018, has no need for one now no matter how full of "universe" inspiration it may be

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

You know what, if that had basic cellphone functionality with like stock no-frills android built into it, I'd probably buy it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

quote:

Nike: Bausch & Lomb, UV-Blocking Contact Lenses intended to help athletes see fast moving objects in ball sports (2006)

:cool:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
whoa cool

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
fully sikk. where were these when i could still put up with contact lens rigamarole

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
press F to doubt

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Chris Knight posted:

press F to doubt

you'll look sick af at the club tho

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

bring back the cyberpunk future of 2005

there was a stint of red glasses then, too, to similar effect. I remember grabbing a cheap pair from wegmans and trying them on for day-to-day stuff (being a huge loving nerd at my nerd school for nerds.) they did not do much for computer touching or walking places

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

It's illegal to drive with tinted glasses of any kind in the UK (I guess unless it's medical I guess?) but if you have Cyber Lenses they'll never tell.....

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

It's illegal to drive with tinted glasses of any kind in the UK (I guess unless it's medical I guess?) but if you have Cyber Lenses they'll never tell.....

in the UK you can’t drive with sunglasses on?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Only super dark shades (3% - 8% light transmission) are banned for drivers, but lighter shades are not allowed for night driving, which sucks for Corey Hart.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Beve Stuscemi posted:

in the UK you can’t drive with sunglasses on?

I checked with my wife that actually did the tests recently and I'm completely wrong; it's only at night where it's very specific what level of tint you can wear. I'd asked about the ones that filter out some of the blinding lights you get now and she'd said "no it's not allowed any time" but that was just at night and beyond whatever %.

but yes Corey Hart would be arrested

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
some chavs switch the blade on the guy in shades and HE gets arrested for tint?

yeah that sounds like the UK alright

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

there is finally some "investigation" being done on "maybe we shouldn't let all new cars have retina blastingly bright lights directly at eye level" but I'm not holding out much hope.

my walk from the station has a dip in the road and as cars come up it you get a full power blast in the eyes from the angle and ofc everyone seems to be driving with beams because oh no a tiny bit of darkness between street lights what will we do???

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
sim city-rear end lookin nav display

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

infernal machines posted:

This but in a good way

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ADINSX posted:

This but in a good way

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i didn't even realize there was a bad way

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the new prius phev on steelies is blade runner as gently caress look at this car

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

the new prius phev on steelies is blade runner as gently caress look at this car

NoneMoreNegative posted:

tfw the new Prius is a more attractive choice than the top-market-cap car

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxPBy4zJOyf/

edit: yeah the interior is still screen-based but it at least looks more car-like than 'Big Ipad'

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Priuses have always hosed, but now they look like they do too

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

wrong thread

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

you can't cut back on starbucks, you will regret this!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

did someone stance that beautiful volvo?

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

did someone stance that beautiful volvo?

i think that's a nissan

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

oh, i guess it's an 80s maxima rather than a 740 turbo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Still shouldnt be stanced. Nor should anything :colbert:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

What about wide stance at the airport men’s room

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Still shouldnt be stanced. Nor should anything :colbert:
:hai:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

oh, i guess it's an 80s maxima rather than a 740 turbo

my first car was a gold 740 gl my grandparents gave to me. I delivered pizza in that thing and the hubcaps would roll off like a 70s car chase and I’d have to go hunt them down in the ditches or wherever.

I made a cd player stand and drilled into the floorboard so I could use my tape adapter with it. for a while I had a bagphone with an antenna I had to put onto the roof to make calls and they were really expensive, even for like 1999. not sure the exact model but this is close

poo poo is way more cyberpunk when you have different devices for everything. I hate my phone and that it does everything, I want GADGETS

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

for a while I had a bagphone with an antenna I had to put onto the roof to make calls and they were really expensive, even for like 1999. not sure the exact model but this is close

poo poo is way more cyberpunk when you have different devices for everything. I hate my phone and that it does everything, I want GADGETS

i like discrete devices when they're things i may be using at the same time like wristwatch and telephone. i have a slight personal bias towards single purpose devices but there are admittedly efficiencies to be gained by combining.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Friend just posted these on her Insta

Some heavy-duty reading (also available as a Kindle ebook if you don't have cyber-enhanced arms)

Vol 1: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Book-Cyberpunk-Vol/dp/1784879290

Vol 2: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Book-Cyberpunk-Vol/dp/1784879614/

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
thanks penguinshop!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

What about wide stance at the airport men’s room

bro be considerate