Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

The Slack Lagoon posted:

For FO76 "Friends in Low Places" and "A Solid Foundation", is that based on which faction you use for Vault 79, or can you get max rep via dailies and get both on the same character?

I don’t remember about the quests but you can certainly max both reps on the same character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

the paradigm shift posted:

those two you can get that way yeah it's the who you side with one that's character dependant

Ahh I didn't realize there were separate achievements

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Ahh I didn't realize there were separate achievements

Yeah you can eventually max rep with both on one character, but you can only get one of "Gold for the Gold" or "A Golden Future." You have to start a new char to get the other.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
you want to do both raider and settler quest lines up to the mission called "Siding with [Faction]", it's a lot of standing that is otherwise very slow to grind up.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Finally soloed/killed my first Dragon Scorched Beast at 42. Only took a ton of ammo, but I get to eat its liver and heart.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Something clicked. I hit level 75 and I’m wrecking ghoul rear end. The hand made rifle is a bad mf

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Constantly rolling aliens on the top of the hour and regular nukes in the southeast helps

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want to nuke an alien event

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
FO4

I’m approaching the ironworks but getting my rear end handed to me constantly by this ambush team lurking in the woods that includes a suit. I tried luring it into a trap but five mines wasn’t enough

Is it time for me to suit up

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Bohemian Nights posted:

So I got back into fallout 4 again with this new patch and I'm going through the nuka-world DLC, since I never got around to it back in the day. I'm assuming that most of the content is connected to working with these raider gangs, and doing the whole "open season" quest kind of nixes 90% of the content in the DLC?

Don't do open season if this is the first time you are playing Nuka World. It removes a lot of content and mechanics that you get after finishing Nuka World itself.
You get to take over commonwealth settlements and make them into raider settlements.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Wow even with a nuke to the face the Legendary enclave lady coming after me had full health. Took a second nuke and some autoriflin’ to finish her off

Even then I almost died because their green goo gun was so powerful

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Steve Yun posted:

FO4

I’m approaching the ironworks but getting my rear end handed to me constantly by this ambush team lurking in the woods that includes a suit. I tried luring it into a trap but five mines wasn’t enough

Is it time for me to suit up

Go home and get your fat man.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What’s a good way to farm fuel for my cremator in fallout 76?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Expeditions. Flame a couple of tax guys. Pick up ammo. Keep doing it until you’re maxed and either quit or finish the mission and get even more ammo for it

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The writing in the BOS/Steel Reign storyline in FO76 is so loving bad, yeesh.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

JBP posted:

Go home and get your fat man.

yeah Saugus Ironworks and the neighboring junkyard is a good time to use some of the bullshit OP stuff.

Megazver posted:

The writing in the BOS/Steel Reign storyline in FO76 is so loving bad, yeesh.

The only good moments in those quests are where you're allowed to betray the Brotherhood in some tiny way, the whole thing is Just Following Orders: The DLC

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

The only good moments in those quests are where you're allowed to betray the Brotherhood in some tiny way, the whole thing is Just Following Orders: The DLC

I mean, sure, but I just did the quest with Marcia and I really, really just wanted to murder everyone involved.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yep
e: I meant "Just Following Orders" in the Nuremburg Trials sense

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Todd just loves unironic hero space marines.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I like the mission where you talk to some random people at a farm and you have the ~opportunity~ to recruit their two kids to join the Brotherhood

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

In my FO4 survival run I've learned that money is power after selling 2000 caps worth of jet to that kid in vault 81 (it's ok I got him clean after). Anyway I jacked up a drug deal and now I have a shitload of drugs and bag full of drugs I intended to take and it's just kind of piling up. So anyway I'm a drug dealer now. I've also been finding 6-10 missiles in every box I open for some reason so I'm heading on a mission to Goodneighbor and then that other place to find vendors with cash that love drugs and missiles.

I don't know what I'm going to buy with the money from these missiles. Probably more drugs.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
it does seem like acting like a total packrat and selling a bunch of junk to hit a critical mass of caps is how you really turn the game around. In my FO3 run it's not really that much of a choice to ask for payment before doing a quest because 100 caps as a reward is just a speedbump when you can loot 50 caps worth of tin cans from the place you were going to do the quest anyway

if anything the bigger obstacle is the vendor running out of caps for you

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

gradenko_2000 posted:

it does seem like acting like a total packrat and selling a bunch of junk to hit a critical mass of caps is how you really turn the game around. In my FO3 run it's not really that much of a choice to ask for payment before doing a quest because 100 caps as a reward is just a speedbump when you can loot 50 caps worth of tin cans from the place you were going to do the quest anyway

if anything the bigger obstacle is the vendor running out of caps for you

Yeah this is why I'm hitting the road. I've got a bin with like 50 missiles in it plus another pile at the bank, so I left all my poo poo in DC (except the drugs and some ammo for the trip) and I figure I can make about 4k off the trip before the other vendors run out of cash. Then I'll head back to DC via some quests and stuff and sell more drugs before taking a new route back to Goodneighbor and Bunker Hill. It's the great circle of life.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Quest award: 250 caps, maybe a gun

Profit from selling all the equipment from the raiders I killed on the way: 900 caps

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There any FO76 build guides out there that walk you through a leveling build using commando? I found some "beginner" commando builds but it assumes you're at lvl 75 or something so I guess I'm trying to figure out if there's a recommended path to take when going from level 25 and up to eventually get a decent build. I guess it's probably hard with this game because perk cards are randomized and not guaranteed at certain levels? I know it really doesn't matter all that much but I'm starting to have trouble with the powerful single shot pistol stuff and can't really fully commit to a commando build when ammo is still sorta hard to come by and I'm not exactly flush with cash.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

drat Dirty Ape posted:

TLDR it appears that the number is a 'max capacity able to be generated every 5 minutes'. So if the food value is '5' you can plant 5 plants that will each generate a resource every 5 minutes. I suppose it is to stop somebody from capturing a workshop and planting 100 crops and just AFK farming them all day long... or something.

so this says camps are capped at 1 per 5 minutes, does this apply to resource extractors at camps too? if my camp has a lead and junk extractor will they both produce 1 item every 5 minutes or will they alternate? are collectotrons included in the limits?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

explosivo posted:

There any FO76 build guides out there that walk you through a leveling build using commando? I found some "beginner" commando builds but it assumes you're at lvl 75 or something so I guess I'm trying to figure out if there's a recommended path to take when going from level 25 and up to eventually get a decent build. I guess it's probably hard with this game because perk cards are randomized and not guaranteed at certain levels? I know it really doesn't matter all that much but I'm starting to have trouble with the powerful single shot pistol stuff and can't really fully commit to a commando build when ammo is still sorta hard to come by and I'm not exactly flush with cash.

That nukesdragons site has a Leveling Road Map - click "Leveling Roadmap" under the cards:

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout-76...mmando%204%2F24

This is my build, and it's very late-game. You'll have a hard time reaching my build without leveling your Legendary Perks. I recommend the following changes

STR 6: Remove Bandolier
PER 15: This is your damage stat. Try to keep this maxed.
END 4: No changes
CHA 4, take SiN and either Inspirational or Tenderizer 3.
INT 3: Nerd Rage 3
AGI 9: Downgrade GunFu and Adren, maybe remove Dodgy3 (and Born Survivor1 if you're easily out of stimpacks...) You lose a lot of damage without Adren5 / GunFu3 but you need to make all this fit. Action Boy really helps early on. If you don't have Grocer's Backpack yet, you'll need Thru-Hiker 3.
LCK 15: You absolutely want to max out luck. Serendipity, Starched Genes, Class Freak are basically required unless you know what you're doing. Critical Savvy 3 is what makes these builds work - you want to reach 33/34 LCK with this perk to crit every second shot. Drop Good With Salt if you're not worried about buff food spoilage and increase Better Crits.

Any questions hit me up on Discord!

EDIT: Here's the build with above things removed, without any Legendary Perk cards:

Otacon fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 6, 2024

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Awesome, thanks for the link! I'll take a look later tonight. Feeling a bit aimless atm and between builds so looking forward to getting something going.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

explosivo posted:

Awesome, thanks for the link! I'll take a look later tonight. Feeling a bit aimless atm and between builds so looking forward to getting something going.

Here's the build with above things removed, without any Legendary Perk cards:

Otacon fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 6, 2024

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

explosivo posted:

Otacon's rec is better, but I'll still throw this video out there. Mr. West Tek has been streaming a fresh 20-50 Commando the last couple of days. It's like 4 hours long but it's pretty cool to see what somebody actually does vs reading a guide.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
If anyone is really hurting leveling, I recommend throwing down the dosh for Cold Shoulder, then work to Commando perks at your leisure. It's a game changer. It's a shotgun, so not commando, but easy to build around and is still carrying me at 60 (still low level I know)

Ammo problems gone, great damage output, etc. I'm having no problems with any quest and most events are fine. We failed an alien invasion last night, somehow. Just couldn't put enough damage on the alpha dude. I think the rest of the team was targeting the adds still.

I'm still shocked at how excellent this game is. Unless you're just sick of Fallout 4 like my buddy.

My BoS ally is awesome but what are some other really good allies to look out for?

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 6, 2024

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Kaddish posted:

My BoS ally is awesome but what are some other really good allies to look out for?

I don't really use the ally abilities at all since they last just 30 minutes once a day. However, if you're relying on your ally purely for camp defense, you've got essentially 3 choices:

1) Beckett. Free with the quest, Beckett is deadly accurate at close-range with his combat shotgun.
2) Doc Solomon Hardy. Highest ballistics damage ally, with a combat rifle. Great sniper, and I use him in one of my more-attacked camps. Costs 4000 bullion @ Foundation.
3) Maul the Supermutant. Unique ally pathing so he circles the outside of your camp stalking any prey that dares enter. I think he has a Supersledge. Costs 4000 bullion @ Foundation

More info here: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_76_allies

Otacon fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 6, 2024

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Kaddish posted:

If anyone is really hurting leveling, I recommend throwing down the dosh for Cold Shoulder, then work to Commando perks at your leisure. It's a game changer. It's a shotgun, so not commando, but easy to build around and is still carrying me at 60 (still low level I know)

Ammo problems gone, great damage output, etc. I'm having no problems with any quest and most events are fine. We failed an alien invasion last night, somehow. Just couldn't put enough damage on the alpha dude. I think the rest of the team was targeting the adds still.

I'm still shocked at how excellent this game is. Unless you're just sick of Fallout 4 like my buddy.

Yeah, that's what I went with. I also bought it with the Atoms I got from doing Challenges and gaining Season ranks, so you don't need to pay actual money to get enough Atoms.

quote:

So far I met a former Raider guy who gave me missions to murder Blood Eagles and a crash-landed astronaut lady. I think these are the two allies with actual story stuff.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The BoS guy repairs my PA, which is really nice of him.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I did both Raider and Settler quests up until the "Siding" quest. Anything else I should do before choosing one?

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
FO76

My auto axe power armor build is slowly coming together. Well, the axe part anyway. Had enough Modules and Cores saved up to roll a few times and landed on a pretty good Vampire roll. It has Riposting, so not the best, but it's carrying me. Now I'm working towards getting the Electric mod with stamps. Did the two intro expeditions for The Pitt and got 13 for the first one and...3 for the other. Oof.

So I don't really die anymore, but my damage is just okay. Barely missed out on getting Elder rewards solo in Uplink by like 10 seconds. Not ready to go low life yet since only 2 of my Ultracite PA parts have stars. No helpful mutations yet either. Tried to go buy some with my 4000 caps and even at the few player vendors I went to they were too much. So I'll have to set aside a day and just go get radiated a bunch. And I also need to stock up on supplies again because keeping power armor repaired is costly. Even with the right crafting perks. Probably why I avoided it before.

But the Double XP daily ops helped get me from 112 to 127 over the weekend so my perk cards are pretty well sorted out. Just gotta get those stamps, and Unyielding armor. Running around chainsaw-ing stuff is fun. Kinda feels like I'm the monster in the horror movie, like DbD but actually fun.

Kaddish posted:

The BoS guy repairs my PA, which is really nice of him.

Del can do that? Do you have to ask him or just leave it on the frame and he'll mosey over?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Paying2Lurk posted:

Del can do that? Do you have to ask him or just leave it on the frame and he'll mosey over?

He sure does. You have to ask him. I think it's on a one hour cooldown, possibly longer. He'll repair your armor up to 130%!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Paying2Lurk posted:

No helpful mutations yet either. Tried to go buy some with my 4000 caps and even at the few player vendors I went to they were too much.

I forget if you're PC or console, but if you're PC I've got serums for you! Stop by the Discord

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Kaddish posted:

I did both Raider and Settler quests up until the "Siding" quest. Anything else I should do before choosing one?

you should be able to craft the Chinese Stealth Suit now, which is the big thing before choosing.
the Slug Buster preset legendary plasma gun from the Raider ending is good if you're considering getting into plasma rifle/pistol/guerilla/commando builds.
I can't think of a comparable reward from the Settler ending but lemme check
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/All_That_Glitters
e: looks like no

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yeah, I need find ballistic fiber for the suit, was only able to craft the helmet.