Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Uncle Lloyd posted:

If you go to your account settings there's an option somewhere to "opt out of redesign/new reddit," that's what I've always done.

gross having a reddit account.

also gently caress reddit for being such a bitch at blocking common VPN ips, theyre being more bitchy than twitter or gamefaqs, or streaming websites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
why do you need a vpn for gamefaqs?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

redshirt posted:

All humans really, and most cats.

Oh, no. I’m allergic to cats, so I don’t molest them by choice!

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

ymgve posted:

why do you need a vpn for gamefaqs?

So nobody ever knows I still need a guide for Math Blaster

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That level where you have to shoot trash in space is hard as poo poo

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you should always be behind 11 proxies vpns for everything so you can tell that black ops poster to go eff themselves.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Why the poo poo is this stupid drake/kendrick beef showing up in the most arbitrary feeds?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Because the extent to which Kendrick is clowning on Drake and Drake is clowning on himself is entertaining to everyone. Even Tumblr is alla bout it right now

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
oh well if tumblr is in on it it must be ok then :rolleyes:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

There's never been such a high-profile rap feud where one side gets utterly annihilated so hard that they stop putting out diss tracks and start putting out tracks about how they're definitely not a kid diddler

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

oh well if tumblr is in on it it must be ok then :rolleyes:

I used Tumblr as an example because out of all the social media sites they're the one least likely to be invested in a rap feud. This one is just such a monumental thing that it's everywhere. Because it's really loving funny at the expense of one of the most popular artists in the world who is also a serial child groomer.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 6, 2024

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Lil Somebody's Nephew

e: dammit

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Why the poo poo is this stupid drake/kendrick beef showing up in the most arbitrary feeds?

because it’s extremely funny its really not complicated

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I can't tell if there is something real going on or if this is just gossipy nonsense.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I don't even own a whatever you nerds are talking about.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Biplane posted:

I don't even own a whatever you nerds are talking about.

stem player

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

BBL Drizzy is hilarious and you are just exposing your back pain :colbert:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The beef is kind of funny in a sad way, two grown-rear end men rhyme fighting and putting their business on main, but Drake IS that piece of poo poo so let them fight.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

it's my neck actually

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:morning:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

my back

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

my dick and my sack...

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I'm not trying to be performative in not knowing what's going on, I'm just not at all connected to poo poo right now.
So I gather Kendrick is clowning on Drake because Drake is a pedophile and Drake is making songs about totally not being a pedophile? And it's all-consuming because they're the big stars of the decade?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
They've been in a back and forth releasing diss tracks but it's been speeding up and Kendrick just released two apprently really good ones back to back within a few days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QiFl9Dc7D0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6eK-2OQtew

before this one drake did one where he used an ai voice filter to impersonate tupac and, as tupac, called himself (drake) a pedophile. that move sounds real dumb to me.
apparently it was supposed to be a 5d chess move to get out ahead of it so when kendrick said it in his next diss track it would sound unoriginal?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I tried to write a post about what makes it all so funny but it's impossible because it's funny in so many ways. Drake comes from an ultra wealthy family and is ultra wealthy himself, he's also a known groomer who talks about being inappropriate with minors as "the glory days" in interviews and we're watching every aspect of his personality and life be thoroughly eviscerated in the public eye by someone who is legitimately one of the most clever lyricists of all time and instead of just bowing out he keeps streissand effecting it all into an even bigger deal while putting out some of the worst and most embarrassing comebacks and music of his entire career. He is the embodiment of everything that people hate about celebrities and everyone is taking great pleasure in the schadenfreude of watching him embarrass himself over and over in the most spectacular fashion imaginable.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

So he's doing a Kanye style flaming downward spiral while also being roasted hard by a superior artist?

That sounds fun actually.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

kanye betteran both imo

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

cumpantry posted:

kanye betteran both imo

take this downvote

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Drake worked very hard to be born into an ultra wealthy family and is actually really talented at *being privileged*.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

So he's doing a Kanye style flaming downward spiral while also being roasted hard by a superior artist?

That sounds fun actually.

there's way too much surrounding it to even describe but like, it's a diddy/r kelly spiral and as it turns out a ton of people loving hate him and are coming out of the woodwork to make that very well known

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
I thought his mother was but a humble waitress or some poo poo? Some say he started from the bottom

Anyway, I found this strange website when I was looking it up that uses an AI generated picture that often looks nothing like the person

https://www.nepodb.com/people/25131/drake

quote:

Is Drake a nepo baby?

Nope! Though unassisted by family or connections, Drake journeyed forth, braving the tempests of life and emerging triumphant, a paragon of self-made success.

edit: lol guess this one

Kurtwood Smith (of Robocop fame)

Koburn fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 6, 2024

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

cumpantry posted:

stem player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAi9a5k-wvQ

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Koburn posted:

I thought his mother was but a humble waitress or some poo poo? Some say he started from the bottom

Anyway, I found this strange website when I was looking it up that uses an AI generated picture that often looks nothing like the person

edit: lol guess this one

Ok I guess I was wrong about ultra-wealthy but his dad was the drummer for Jerry Lee Lewis and he grew up in a neighborhood where the average home price today is anywhere from $2-12 million, so I'd say he counts as a nepo baby.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

take this downvote

suck me good an hard

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

kendrick is good and miles ahead of drake however kanyes bars on yeezus are so immaculate kendricks never come close. and thats just yeezus

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
did not like drake before but ok im ok to likeing a guy i dont like less his rhymes were wack yo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Ok I guess I was wrong about ultra-wealthy but his dad was the drummer for Jerry Lee Lewis and he grew up in a neighborhood where the average home price today is anywhere from $2-12 million, so I'd say he counts as a nepo baby.

I'm not gonna defend Drake but lol @ this.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Koburn posted:

lmao

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i like kool a.d.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Koburn posted:

"Wenches, go forth."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

cumpantry posted:

kendrick is good and miles ahead of drake however kanyes bars on yeezus are so immaculate kendricks never come close. and thats just yeezus

Lmao