Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Tatsuya Ishida, it's me, the online transfemme you've never met, speaking to you inside your brain. This week's comics are loving boring. You've been looking at too many memes. Get drunk and watch every single Dune movie back to back. Remember when you drew Vegeta? You can draw Vegeta again if you want to. Piss off Stormfront Jigsaw and get locked in his racist torture puzzle dungeon. Go touch grass and have a day out at the book store or something. I'm the woman you hate and I demand you go out there and get inspired by loving something you boring little Nazi freak.

(seriously though kind of just a milquetoast collection of hate this week, it'd be hilarious if he started to just run out of ideas and faded away into even further obscurity, I wouldn't kick that out of bed for eating crackers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://twitter.com/stephanpastis/status/1787174486649041139?t=b_8u3hNeazfDv-3EMkE1dg&s=19

Politics.tweet

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
??*squint*??

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Fishman out here being mad about land acknowledgements, but also he's made his coloniser a predator. I cannot say if he meant to suggest something with this, or if he's just used to making the bad guys in his dinosaur strips always the carnivore, and did not think this through.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

InsertPotPun posted:

??*squint*??

"God made us into perfect killing machines and we should be proud that we killed lesser people and took their land instead of apologizing for it" :bahgawd:

I really don't know what else he could be trying to say here

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

HECS = Higher Education Contribution Scheme. HECS indexation to be overhauled in budget with $3 billion in student debt 'wiped out' (ABC).

Broelman 1:

It was a mistake to remove ankle bracelet from former immigration detainee allegedly involved in home invasion, PM says (ABC).

Broelman 2:

Leak, Son of Leak:

PsiQuantum is the company that the government is giving grant money to try to build the first useful quantum computer. The co-founders got degrees in Australia but set up their company in Silicon Valley because that's where the money was.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

DarklyDreaming posted:

"God made us into perfect killing machines and we should be proud that we killed lesser people and took their land instead of apologizing for it" :bahgawd:

I really don't know what else he could be trying to say here

"Land acknowledgements are dumb because it's not like you're going to give it back. You're just saying a bunch of empty words then continuing to use the resources that used to belong to the people you killed."

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Amjad Rasmi

Clay Bennett

Drew Sheneman

Drew Sheneman posted:

There’s been a Cold War against government transparency for as long as there have been governments. Here in New Jersey, the Cold War turned hot the past few years as the Democrats that run the state -- and the vast majority of the counties in it -- are going to new lengths to keep you from finding out what they’re up to.

First they neutered ELEC, the Election Law Enforcement Commission, a previously vital election watchdog. Next they set out to gut OPRA, the Open Public Records Act, but surprisingly strong blowback has left that matter still pending. The latest target in the ongoing effort to avoid accountability sees the counties targeting state Comptroller Kevin Walsh.

The Comptroller is responsible for investigating government waste, fraud and abuse and writing detailed reports for the public. Political bosses don’t like attention, and apparently this Walsh fellow is really cramping their style. Walsh has been highly effective in his role, issuing meticulous reports detailing waste and abuse in Essex, Union and Hudson that shined a spotlight on a truly spectacular range of malfeasance. If he keeps this up, the unthinkable may happen and someone may be held responsible.

In a desperate attempt to avoid such a fate, the New Jersey Association of Counties drafted a letter to Senate President Nick Scutari, asking him to make Walsh stop writing graphic reports on how the sausage is made.

New Jersey’s counties are run like little fiefdoms, and Walsh’s work detailing all gross backroom deals that make the system run are a threat to that power. Walsh seems unbothered by this full frontal assault on his sanctioned mission, and content to continue investigating and reporting on the types of behavior that have made New Jersey politics a beloved national punchline for years and years. Scutari hasn’t commented on the letter as of yet, but the proper response would be to crumble it up and toss it in the bin where it belongs.

Couldn't have picked a better media property for this one, Sheneman?

John Darkow

Mike Peters

Monte Wolverton

Pia Guerra

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Byzantine posted:

"Land acknowledgements are dumb because it's not like you're going to give it back. You're just saying a bunch of empty words then continuing to use the resources that used to belong to the people you killed."

Seen this song and dance before, and based on his previous cartoons I'm guessing his point is closer to-

'Acknowledgement of Cointry is performative nonsense, and a waste of time'
'Ok, how about we proceed to establishing the Voice, Treaty and Truth that the Indigenous elders recommended, to move towards something meaningful to undo the poo poo thats been done.'
'gently caress that, they'll use that to legalise sniffing petrol and beating their kids, thats all they know how to do. They should be thankful the British came to civilise them'

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yes

Yes it has

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

I mean, yeah, pretty ironic that it's Israel doing the genocide this time.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Byzantine posted:

and he's right

Except his idea of a more valid opening statement is "we fairly and squarely bought this land for a few beads back in 17whatever and we're not giving it back no matter how much the wokes whinge about it"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Sounds like a bad voting system.

Carmen just became self aware that she's in a Stantis cartoon.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Ceasefire…NOW.

Ted Rall posted:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his close ally President Joe Biden are both playing for time, pretending to be opposed to what’s going on while not changing anything. As Biden sends Netanyahu more money and more weapons, day by day the Gaza Strip is being ethnically cleansed. Even now, it’s probably too late for a ceasefire to do much good.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Byzantine posted:

I think this is giving too much credit to Fishman.My guess is "they're dumb because they have lots of words and why should white people feel bad it's all in the past"

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Kellies' Nomination: Laziest non-Gorrell

In fact...

:effort:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

"All of UkrainaPalestine is nazis, that's why attacking them are justified."

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 6, 2024

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
"Nice argument, liberal. Unfortunately for you I've drawn you as the Nazis"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ramirez is REALLY frothing at the mouth about protesters, drat

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Brawnfire posted:

Ramirez is REALLY frothing at the mouth about protesters, drat

What else is new?
As far as he's concerned, the only thing more upsetting is that there aren't enough visibly black students getting their heads caved in by cops so he could draw a comic justifying that with "Just obey the police."

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
Who the hell goes to bat for Steve Bannon?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Steve Bannon has arrived, covered in poo poo as usual. The media attempts to wash it off, but their water is pretty dirty too. AGC

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

Steve Bannon has arrived, covered in poo poo as usual. The media attempts to wash it off, but their water is pretty dirty too. AGC

Lmao Kellies nomination: best AGC interpretation

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

SithDrummer posted:

"The enemy of my enemy" etc.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

SithDrummer posted:

The same guy who goes to bat for Kristi Noem post-dog shooting, of course.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
By this point I'm pretty confident that if a recording is discovered of Trump saying the n-word, Branco's cartoon about it would be Trump, calm silent and collected, looking annoyed at Biden, KNOWN SWEAR-SAYER, cursing him out. He has one trick.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

SithDrummer posted:

Branco may well be the dumbest and most hate poisoned bastard here. I remember when he was making cartoons about how Obama was a secret Kenyan Muslim and Sheriff Joe Arpaio was perpetually 2 weeks away from blowing the lid off the whole conspiracy.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

"Gradgitation Commencement"

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I dont know posted:

Branco may well be the dumbest and most hate poisoned bastard here. I remember when he was making cartoons about how Obama was a secret Kenyan Muslim and Sheriff Joe Arpaio was perpetually 2 weeks away from blowing the lid off the whole conspiracy.

More than Ishida?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Branco believes in every right wing conservative talking point and that all his enemies are antisemites. Tats believes in the protocols of zion and that all his enemies are Jews waving dildos at him.

It's certainly a more esoteric form of hate poisoned idiocy, although other than all the random pop culture references Tats just has to follow along with what the worst of the X nazis are talking about today, whereas Branco has to do that and then pretend that it's the other guys who are Jew hating nazis.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

I dont know posted:

I'm going to take your word on those because I'd rather not look them up.
I don't know who is my least favorite regular on here. Branco is up there, but Lester, McCoy, Stiglich, and others keep jockeying for the king of poo poo mountain.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah Stiglich has managed the combination of insisting that it's all the other guys who are nazi antisemites while also drawing Hook Nose Joe and having his weird vendetta against Larry Krasner which frequently ventures into the realm of blood libel.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I dont know posted:

I'm not sure about dumbest. I thought that title, at least, was held by...poo poo, I want to say Rogers? Not Rob Rogers from Pittsburgh, but the other one who doesn't know how post offices work and had that "I'm fired forever because of Obamacare!' cartoon.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I feel there's a distinction between idiots like Ishida and hatemongers like your Ramirez, Lesters, Brancos and Stiglichs who are willfully aware of what they do and share pure scornful hate of people like the protestors for not licking the boot. Maybe it's the institutional hate vs the internet brain poisoned guy screaming into the void online... both are awful but the elder hateful really make me feel revulsion in my gut. Ishida evokes a tiny bit of pity, though quite hateful and vile still. It's like his comics can be safely ignored, the barking of a dog.

The anti-protestor comics have been a real all-star lineup of shitheads these last two weeks.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Doomykins posted:

I feel there's a distinction between idiots like Ishida and hatemongers like your Ramirez, Lesters, Brancos and Stiglichs who are willfully aware of what they do and share pure scornful hate of people like the protestors for not licking the boot. Maybe it's the institutional hate vs the internet brain poisoned guy screaming into the void online... both are awful but the elder hateful really make me feel revulsion in my gut. Ishida evokes a tiny bit of pity, though quite hateful and vile still. It's like his comics can be safely ignored, the barking of a dog.

The anti-protestor comics have been a real all-star lineup of shitheads these last two weeks.

In Ishida's case, I think there's something more mercenary to his hate, similar to Garrison.
Like, yeah, they believe the poo poo they're peddling, but what they really want is for you to pay them to peddle that poo poo. For the right price, they would very probably "agree" with anything you told them to.

Compare that to Branco who really does just seem to have a love of the game. If he lost his job and ended up on the streets, he'd still be on the corner handing out napkins covered in his drawings of a bearded trans woman named Fred wanting to molest your daughter.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

JamesBont posted:

I'm going to take your word on those because I'd rather not look them up.
I don't know who is my least favorite regular on here. Branco is up there, but Lester, McCoy, Stiglich, and others keep jockeying for the king of poo poo mountain.

Honestly, all of their cartoons blur together for me by this point. It's just "take liberal politician (whom you hate), draw a bad caricature, draw stink lines around them and a voice bubble so they say 'I am evil!!!', send to publisher" a couple of times a week. Their art is atrocious but that's kind of the point. It's raw spite fueled by a half-remembered "how to draw cartoons" book published in 1973.

It makes me "miss" the days of Chuck Asay, where he'd draw pleasant landscapes and cuddly-looking characters, but then you'd read the dialogue and go "Oh, he's advocating Rick Santorum for president" or "Wait, did he just call those child mass shooting victims pussies?"

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

the_steve posted:

I'm not sure about dumbest. I thought that title, at least, was held by...poo poo, I want to say Rogers? Not Rob Rogers from Pittsburgh, but the other one who doesn't know how post offices work and had that "I'm fired forever because of Obamacare!' cartoon.

Rob Smith, Jr.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

the_steve posted:

In Ishida's case, I think there's something more mercenary to his hate, similar to Garrison.
Like, yeah, they believe the poo poo they're peddling, but what they really want is for you to pay them to peddle that poo poo. For the right price, they would very probably "agree" with anything you told them to.

Compare that to Branco who really does just seem to have a love of the game. If he lost his job and ended up on the streets, he'd still be on the corner handing out napkins covered in his drawings of a bearded trans woman named Fred wanting to molest your daughter.

Ishida pretty much ruined himself peddling hateful poo poo. He could be making a perfectly fine and a little raunchy web comic like he used to do. Instead he made the poo poo he makes now that no one except for the people posting in this thread reads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

the_steve posted:

Rob Smith Jr. was the post office guy. Anyone know if he's still active.

Anyway, I'm not ready to get back in the habit of consistently posting Garrison just yet (most of them have been pretty boring lately anyway) but here's an "interesting" one.

Straight up admitting that Cannon is running interference for trump, AGC.

His rant mentions something about Smith admitting that key evidence was altered which seems like it would have been pretty big news if it were real.