Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I would be a little bit reluctant to rent it out to Philadelphia area businesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

SilverSupernova posted:

Is he even allowed to call the robot Optimus? I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't sicced their lawyers or the Pinkertons on him over that yet.

Optimus is just a Latin word, I doubt owns copyright to it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Optimus Subprime

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

searching the daily want ads for any companies looking to bring on a robot that can slowly put batteries into a tray

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dwesa posted:

Optimus is just a Latin word, I doubt owns copyright to it

you cant own words mannnnnn.

also you can use the same name/word as long as your in different industries or whatever and theres no reasonable way for consumers to confused things with each other.
also you have better lawyers.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Captain Hygiene posted:

Optimus Subprime

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Optimus Prime is a living being with great honor . Teslas Optimus is a gimmick toy. No one will be confused

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

How does this gently caress head think businesses would rent out people's personal robots even in this utopian world where they work like I robot. It's a one-time expense for a company they can write off. It would be the end of human employment but yeah using it to raise chickens in your back yard lol. Small comfort when you're starving on the street because you don't own property. Maybe your robot can build you a homeless encampment.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Captain Hygiene posted:

Optimus Subprime

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

euphronius posted:

Optimus Prime is a living being with great honor . Teslas Optimus is a gimmick toy. No one will be confused

im pretty sure some transformers nerd is going to drop some TF lore and even the most pathetic transformer is less cringe than musk and his stanns

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If the robot has the degree of autonomy and effective as they imagine, they’d be people and it would be immoral to enslave them

Alternatively the robot would just refuse to work

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

you know, I actually want to see this. put this robot in a field with a box of hatched chicks and a pallet of lumber and tell it to go raise chickens. best case scenario is that anything is left alive when it's done.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Anderson Koopa posted:

I would be a little bit reluctant to rent it out to Philadelphia area businesses.

quote:

HitchBOT then attempted to cross the United States from Boston to San Francisco starting on July 17, 2015. After two weeks, on August 1, 2015 however, a photo was tweeted,[12] showing that the robot had been stripped "beyond repair" and decapitated in Philadelphia.[13] The robot was located by some people who had been following its progress on its website.[13] The head was never found.[5] Frauke Zeller, co-creator of hitchBOT, was quoted as saying: "We can see on all our data that the tablet and battery and everything shut off at the same time so it must have been when they vandalised the bot."[13]

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
lol my man out there thinking you're gonna make passive income with your sexbot when, even at $20k, companies are just gonna buy them because why wouldn't they (I mean they won't because it'll never work but in his little fantasy world how does he see thing working?).

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Tech bros are literally so loving dumb oh my god

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

is elon just going to keep firing people, thinking that if he does that tesla stock will just keep going up?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He has optimuses now. They can make the CT

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Vire posted:

How does this gently caress head think businesses would rent out people's personal robots even in this utopian world where they work like I robot. It's a one-time expense for a company they can write off. It would be the end of human employment but yeah using it to raise chickens in your back yard lol. Small comfort when you're starving on the street because you don't own property. Maybe your robot can build you a homeless encampment.

The bots will build the encampment sure, but when you then have the bot rented out on Tesla's Bot Rental app, the cops will use their free credits to have the bots tear it down again.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Strong Sauce posted:

is elon just going to keep firing people, thinking that if he does that tesla stock will just keep going up?

Elon's gonna hire all the Optimus bots people buy to replace them, that way those people can pay them off and farm chickens or something I wasn't really paying attention anymore at that point but chickens were definitely involved

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Gatta love how the concept of farming always starts with "you don't work. you don't eat" to "Automate farming, so I can be lazy."

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Optimus will be an expert at beheading but it's definitely going to mistake humans for chickens

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
elon lay the eggs

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Optimus will be an expert at beheading but it's definitely going to mistake humans for chickens

Optimus better "be heading" down to the factory to pick up some shifts and make me some money

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Beheading is too much work. Just pack humans into a single room and give them heat stroke.
https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/23963820/bird-flu-surge-us-ventilation-shutdown-veterinarians

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Starting a chicken coop in my apartment, anyone wanna loan me 20k so it can slowly stumble and fall over while it raises my chickens for me?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Why chickens though? Surely tomatoes would be vastly more profitable

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

kazil posted:

It's so easy! Why has no one ever thought of this before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Can we bring back slavery, specifically to enslave that guy and no one else? I think he's earned a lifetime of uncompensated chicken farming.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also lol that the most wondrous and miraculous invention in human history would be $20k and someone would use it to farm eggs

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the future of optimus

https://twitter.com/AndreaWBZ/status/627627830520770560

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

kazil posted:

I still don't understand scale Nick

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

brb, planting 6,250 tomato plants in my back yard

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

kazil posted:

Is this guy serious or is he having a piss on robo chicken guy I cant tell and I don't know who he is? Also who the gently caress buys a tomato for a dollar wtf you can get like a whole vine for like 3 bucks?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

morningdrew posted:

brb, planting 6,250 tomato plants in my back yard

Sure let me pick the fruit off of my 6,250 tomato plants in my backyard by myself

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Harvesting, planting, and taking care of tomatoes is zero effort it just happens, they even come off the vine in little plastic bins!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Sure let me pick the fruit off of my 6,250 tomato plants in my backyard by myself

You won't care
when hornworms take down your entire crop in hours

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
How many tomatoes can the Cybertruck hold?

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I'm sure Tesla robots walking around in dirt and dust and rain and mud on a farm will last long enough to pay for themselves in eggs and tomatos

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

near infinite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

if you squish it into a liquid not much before it shorts out.