Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I have the perfect game for you, the previously mentioned Planetfall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Phlegmish posted:

I have the perfect game for you, the previously mentioned Planetfall

I think it might be that and disbelief that there was more than one FPS MMO.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
WTF is going on in here

Hades II is out, talk about that instead

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

ZearothK posted:

Hades 2 is out on Steam Early Acess.

Worth playing now, or wait for full release?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Yes.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Got it, waiting for full release

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I burned myself out on one good Early Access game before it actually came out, and I'm never making that mistake again.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I'm probably gonna go ahead and buy it. Not much gamble about a Supergiant game, they basically make games aimed right at my heart.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The original Hades is also only $8.50 this week, which is an absolute goddamn steal

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

finally, a new game that isn't woke

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I prefer my games asleep.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

I burned myself out on one good Early Access game before it actually came out, and I'm never making that mistake again.

I don't think I've properly played Bannerlord since it officially released. 276 hours in Early Access, though.

I should really rectify that, it was already a good-rear end game even in EA, and I want to see how much they've improved on it.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i hope they make pyre 2 someday

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

The original Hades is also only $8.50 this week, which is an absolute goddamn steal

I've been playing it and it's insanely good, such quality

edit: I just wish I knew what Early Access means for SuperGiant games - Is the story complete? Balancing issues left? If I wait will I have more characters to interact with ? argh I'd love to play it now but I'm not into Early Access stuff for all these issues

Comfy Fleece Sweater fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 6, 2024

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

kazil posted:

finally, a new game that isn't woke

If you look in the steam forums you'll find that actually it's extremely woke, and people there are conflicted about whether they should buy it or not

don't look in the steam forums, lmao

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Hades was kind of barebones when it was first released in Early Access on the EGS. There was a hard cutoff after the Hydra fight with a voice line like "Zagreus tripped over a rock and died" and had maybe 40% of the total game content going by its finished form. Still had a lot of fun with it but I'd expect the Hades 2 Early Access to be similarly incomplete.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Hades was kind of barebones when it was first released in Early Access on the EGS. There was a hard cutoff after the Hydra fight with a voice line like "Zagreus tripped over a rock and died" and had maybe 40% of the total game content going by its finished form. Still had a lot of fun with it but I'd expect the Hades 2 Early Access to be similarly incomplete.

Hah there's a FAQ right in the Store Page:

quote:

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“Hades II in Early Access already has more environments, foes, and fully-voiced characters than the full version of the original Hades game. But it isn't complete, and key areas, characters, foes, narrative events, and systems are still to come.

We have been actively working on the game for more than three years already. For our Early Access launch, we wanted Hades II to be far enough along that as many players as possible could have a good experience right away, yet not far enough along that it's too late in development for us to act on the feedback we receive.

You may reach certain points in the game where it becomes clear that you've reached the end of the current content. Furthermore, various interface screens, HUD icons, and character art are still temporary or work-in-progress, along with various other aspects of the presentation.”

Man I want to play it noooow

But yeah, for the best experience obviously you have to wait for the polish.

The trailers look amazing, since I'm playing Hades 1 I recognize a bunch of characters and notice the animation and everything is so nice

I just bought Hades 2 just based on how much I'm loving the first one, but I think I'll hold off until full release anyway. I kinda hate Early Access bs but I'll trust these guys

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HopperUK posted:

If you look in the steam forums you'll find that actually it's extremely woke, and people there are conflicted about whether they should buy it or not

I'm 100% sure that there isn't a single game that doesn't have a "is this game woke?" steam thread.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I never played the first Hades (not because I particularly didn't want to, just never ended up getting it), but I kinda wanna get Hades 2 simply because Amelia Tyler's voice is in it :swoon:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Excited to see peoples' takes on Hades 2. The first game had fun gameplay that wore thin pretty quick and I wasn't into the whole narrative/storytelling focus, but if 2 did anything to make the gameplay itself longer-lasting and more varied I'll pick it up.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
they just gotta make the enemies less spongy and then everything else is gravy

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Nordick posted:

I never played the first Hades (not because I particularly didn't want to, just never ended up getting it), but I kinda wanna get Hades 2 simply because Amelia Tyler's voice is in it :swoon:

Composer Darren Korb voices the main character of the first Hades game (among others) and he's incredibly good at it. Very decent British accent too. I could listen to him talk for a *while*.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Nordick posted:

BG3 narrator Amelia Tyler?

I am once again asking Steam to let us follow voice actors.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nordick posted:

Hwurmp posted:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

SlothBear posted:

BG3 narrator Amelia Tyler?

The very same. In Hades 2 she plays someone named Hecate.

I first heard her as Malady in Divinity: Original Sin 2, and immediately adored that combo of sass and sultry.

EDIT:
Naw I'm good for now, i'll probably just get 2 eventually if i get the urge.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 6, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I'm gonna wait for full release.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Nordick posted:

On the wishlist it goes. Thanks!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nordick posted:

I first heard her as Malady in Divinity: Original Sin 2, and immediately adored that combo of sass and sultry.

She did a very good job with WotR's Wenduag as well.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I'm gonna wait for full release.

Same. Can’t stand early access.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Either way is totally valid! I am sure Supergiant will be fine either way.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

She did a very good job with WotR's Wenduag as well.

That was her? I had no idea. Although to be honest, like 90% of WOTR players I killed Wenduag as soon as possible

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

HopperUK posted:

This reminds me of the thread that was someone complaining about the intro to Fallout New Vegas being woke (because a woman helps you I think) and all of the replies being "trust me bro, it gets better". Sometimes even white supremacists just want to game.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

That was her? I had no idea. Although to be honest, like 90% of WOTR players I killed Wenduag as soon as possible

Wtf. She rules.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Early Access? More like...Eggy Abscess

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Wtf. She rules.

I was on the fence on keeping her around, but I decided that while I can tolerate evil party members, I don't want anyone that would backstab me personally.

Now Regill the fascist gnome, I have no problem with.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HopperUK posted:

Either way is totally valid! I am sure Supergiant will be fine either way.

Yeah, they are going to make like a trillion dollars off Hades II. I am really excited about this game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Wtf. She rules.

Wenduag owns but it's kind of difficult to justify picking her if you're playing for the first time.
I chose her because Lann seemed loving boring and Wenduag seemed interesting (and I was right) but I had do mental gymnastics to justify that choice with "I'm keeping an eye on her that way".

Phlegmish posted:

I was on the fence on keeping her around, but I decided that while I can tolerate evil party members, I don't want anyone that would backstab me personally.

She won't ever backstab if you project strength. You don't even need make any evil choices as long as you swing your giant MC dick every now and then.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Nordick posted:

It's a great action game with a ton of story to go with, and feels so good to move around and kill enemies (definitely prefer a controller here). The art and sound is top notch. It's *really* good if you're into action/2d games, mechanically it's just so good.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Early Access? More like...Eggy Abscess

Yuck:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Girly Asses