Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Frank Frank posted:

Can anyone help me configure PoB for damage so I can actually figure out what my DPS actually is? With PSRS it wasn’t bad because you just configure SRS to the number of active spirits, throw in wither etc. I have no idea to account for fury valve, nimis and pierce

Look at other guides and see how they're configured?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

Look at other guides and see how they're configured?

There are PoB guides? Ok. Thanks

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Frank Frank posted:

There are PoB guides? Ok. Thanks

Every guide that's worth reading should have a PoB link. Not having one is a red flag.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vulpes posted:

Every guide that's worth reading should have a PoB link. Not having one is a red flag.

Oh! You mean the guide itself. I’ll have to check. I’ve been working off of two since my gear/tree is something of a mix of the two

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Frank Frank posted:

Oh! You mean the guide itself. I’ll have to check. I’ve been working off of two since my gear/tree is something of a mix of the two

Yeah, generally you want to load their PoB link, then import your gear/skills into it - that way it will be configured correctly already.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vulpes posted:

Yeah, generally you want to load their PoB link, then import your gear/skills into it - that way it will be configured correctly already.

Neat. I had been doing it manually.

Eh, I still don't think this is correct but w/e. The EHP is definitely way off and I don't think damage is being calculated properly. This is what I get when I try to import my items into that build:
https://pobb.in/NX0SQ3lRA3No

This is what I get on my own:
https://pobb.in/DuF1bj9IQrgA

E: NM. Not sure what I changed but it's up to 27m DPS which "feels" about right vs. how easily I can kill bosses vs the PSRS build.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 6, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

One change I would like to see for next league is for normal bosses to drop 1 of their uber shards. Would make running normal shaper and such more worthwhile.

e: also we need uber uber atziri
they should just tweak the unique drop rates and itemization to give non-uber bosses a reason for existing

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
EHP isnt the most important “tankiness” stat. That stat is Max Hit, with phys max hit typically being the lowest and subsequently, most important Max Hit value.

Ehp is decent as a rough number when comparing builds, but max hit is what you feel when playing the game.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Phys max hit is usually the lowest, but large physical hits are more rare than big elemental hits. They also usually do a lot less damage.
Having a max hit below a certain threshold makes playing the game absolutely miserable because you die to every stray fart but that threshold isn't actually that high, at least not while mapping, unless you really juice the gently caress out of a map.

Ehp is really important - if your build isn't bad you won't die to a single hit and deaths are either multiple hits (where a good ehp stat shines) or degens (where neither stat does anything)

That said, both the max hit and ehp stats in PoB aren't perfect representations of how tanky you actually are in game. They are useful for sure, but I don't fully trust them

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I still get insta-deleted now and then if I go a little too crazy with Eater altars

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Neat. I had been doing it manually.

Eh, I still don't think this is correct but w/e. The EHP is definitely way off and I don't think damage is being calculated properly. This is what I get when I try to import my items into that build:
https://pobb.in/NX0SQ3lRA3No

This is what I get on my own:
https://pobb.in/DuF1bj9IQrgA

E: NM. Not sure what I changed but it's up to 27m DPS which "feels" about right vs. how easily I can kill bosses vs the PSRS build.

A few things.
-9 is a good number to use for the count to reflect returning splits; you've got up to four more, from Dying Sun (2) and Beltimber Blade (+2 if you've used a movement skill recently). Both are variable, so whatever.
-Flasks off is contributing to EHP calcs being off, but they're also not permanent.
-You need to add "projectile travel distance" on the config tab for the Far Shot mod on Beltimber Blade to do anything. IIRC from when I played SS, 70 is the usual number to set it at.
-You have Frenzy Charges set manually to 5, and I can't figure out why; as far as I see, you max out at 4.

ofc, this is reflecting "you are planted squarely up the target's rear end in a top hat, such that they're catching every single projectile on return", too, so it's very much a top end estimate sort of thing.

Frank Frank posted:

I still get insta-deleted now and then if I go a little too crazy with Eater altars

A looooooot of your build's defenses is wrapped up in evasion, so you're all well and good until you get that bad roll or streak of rolls.

wemgo posted:

Ehp is decent as a rough number when comparing builds, but max hit is what you feel when playing the game.

Eh, EHP is (usually) best thought of as your ability to take a bunch of smaller hits, mainly because it - it factors in block and dodge. Max hit is just ability to take singular big hits.

mynnna fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 6, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mynnna posted:

A few things.
-9 is a good number to use for the count to reflect returning splits; you've got up to four more, from Dying Sun (2) and Beltimber Blade (+2 if you've used a movement skill recently). Both are variable, so whatever.
-Flasks off is contributing to EHP calcs being off, but they're also not permanent.
-You need to add "projectile travel distance" on the config tab for the Far Shot mod on Beltimber Blade to do anything. IIRC from when I played SS, 70 is the usual number to set it at.
-You have Frenzy Charges set manually to 5, and I can't figure out why; as far as I see, you max out at 4.

ofc, this is reflecting "you are planted squarely up the target's rear end in a top hat, such that they're catching every single projectile on return", too, so it's very much a top end estimate sort of thing.

I need to update the frenzy thing. I lost 1 max frenzy charge when I reworked my passive tree. Also yeah, for bosses I am sitting directly on top of the boss if possible as I understood that to be the best way to max out dps with nimis. Thanks for all the advice. I’ll fiddle with it in a moment.

Any advice on improving my build overall? I’m in the process of running Incursions to get a 21/23 SS gem but I don’t know of any other gear upgrades that would make a huge difference. I have both halves of the arena challenger forbidden gems but I don’t think I can really use them effectively. Beltimber blade has max rolls. Paradoxica has near-max in everything that matters. I don’t know if I can swap to a rare chest since that would mean giving up the +2 projectile gems corruption which is a pretty big deal.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Wuxi posted:

That said, both the max hit and ehp stats in PoB aren't perfect representations of how tanky you actually are in game. They are useful for sure, but I don't fully trust them

One of the things I realized recently is that the Max Hit numbers don't take into account crit reduction at all. They are entirely of the form "what if enemy generically hits you for X damage" but don't consider that for X to be a really big number it's probably from a crit. That's probably the only sane approach (since otherwise you need to know the crit multi to calculate the max hit) but it means that if your build is dying to single big hits you might want crit reduction even though PoB appears to not care about it.

In my particular case, I tattooed away 120 int (a significant hit to DPS and EHP) for 90% crit reduction and it was the single best-feeling change defensively that I made to the build at any point. Turns out I was dying almost exclusively from crits in T17 maps, but the game doesn't give you a very good way of figuring that out.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

I need to update the frenzy thing. I lost 1 max frenzy charge when I reworked my passive tree. Also yeah, for bosses I am sitting directly on top of the boss if possible as I understood that to be the best way to max out dps with nimis. Thanks for all the advice. I’ll fiddle with it in a moment.

Any advice on improving my build overall? I’m in the process of running Incursions to get a 21/23 SS gem but I don’t know of any other gear upgrades that would make a huge difference. I have both halves of the arena challenger forbidden gems but I don’t think I can really use them effectively. Beltimber blade has max rolls. Paradoxica has near-max in everything that matters. I don’t know if I can swap to a rare chest since that would mean giving up the +2 projectile gems corruption which is a pretty big deal.

Check poe.ninja basically here is an example. It's a mix of gear optimization and tweaks to the tree to move to a crit based build. You're on that gear path, it's just taken to the extreme.

There are also tanky builds built around Fourth Vow+Mahuxotl's+Mageblood that I honestly wonder what I'm missing on because they look like dogshit, just an impressive example of taking some very powerful items and squandering the hell out of them. F- do not recommend (unless I'm missing something).

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Setec_Astronomy posted:

One of the things I realized recently is that the Max Hit numbers don't take into account crit reduction at all. They are entirely of the form "what if enemy generically hits you for X damage" but don't consider that for X to be a really big number it's probably from a crit. That's probably the only sane approach (since otherwise you need to know the crit multi to calculate the max hit) but it means that if your build is dying to single big hits you might want crit reduction even though PoB appears to not care about it.

In my particular case, I tattooed away 120 int (a significant hit to DPS and EHP) for 90% crit reduction and it was the single best-feeling change defensively that I made to the build at any point. Turns out I was dying almost exclusively from crits in T17 maps, but the game doesn't give you a very good way of figuring that out.

Yeah, crit reduction is hugely important to survivability (especially running B2B where mobs have 400+ crit multi), and a lot of people don't realize it since it's not 'numbers go up'. Tattoos make it trivial to cap, but you can also get a 50% corrupt on your chest of choice usually fairly cheaply, and there's a couple of passives on the left side of the tree that can help too.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Vulpes posted:

a 50% corrupt on your chest of choice usually fairly cheaply

I looked at this, but unfortunately my chest of choice is "a well-rolled 78% loreweave" so it's, uh, not so cheap. I'm happy enough with 90% reduction; if I could find some way to jam another 20 int into the build I could get to 100% but it would come either at the cost of a lot of damage or a lot of money.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mynnna posted:

Check poe.ninja basically here is an example. It's a mix of gear optimization and tweaks to the tree to move to a crit based build. You're on that gear path, it's just taken to the extreme.

There are also tanky builds built around Fourth Vow+Mahuxotl's+Mageblood that I honestly wonder what I'm missing on because they look like dogshit, just an impressive example of taking some very powerful items and squandering the hell out of them. F- do not recommend (unless I'm missing something).

Huh. I thought poeninja was just for market prices and kinda gave up on it when I realized it doesn’t work well for console. I’ll check it out, thank you

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

The price tracker is handy for some things but the build viewer is real useful. You do have to watch out for ways people inflate numbers on their builds (and by contrast, ways in which ninja underreports numbers) but it’s useful all the same.

E: I got my FR pathfinder online and even without a progenesis this is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Hilarious poe.txt I discovered the hard way just now. If you have Divine Flesh allocated (50% of elemental damage taken as chaos) and have immunity to elemental reflect, you actually still die to elemental reflect. 50% of the reflected damage is converted to chaos, which means you're no longer immune to it. You're immune to reflected elemental damage, not reflected damage from your elemental hits.

Makes perfect sense in PoE logic, but jesus loving christ.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mynnna posted:

The example you provided above gives up defense for another +1 to projectile gems on his helm + pierce (which is weird since he already has pierce from Lioneye's) and that build is super low on defense. Is level 30 for skill gems a huge breakpoint or something?

Ralakesh seems like a really weird choice for this build since you'd have to give up ALL of your move speed which I would imagine feels terrible. I guess you can use leap slam to get around but it's not going to feel good. I guess perm-frenzy will give you some move speed but not as much as I have rn. I figured the double corrupted Lioneye's was a pipe dream but lo and behold, someone just listed one yesterday for 20d so I'm gonna go ahead and buy that immediately which will take my SS gem to level 28 which should immediately help with even more damage.

Aside from that, I already have a impale paradoxica stashed away (vs the blind version I'm using atm). I also have all of those cluster jewels he has in storage. He has a forbidden flesh/flame combo that I don't have (but is available for ~30d) and an impossible escape/perfect agony jewel that simply does not exist on console at the moment. I gotta say the only positive change to ubers that I've noticed is that those flame/flesh combos seem to be a lot more prevalent now. Bottled faith seems like a great idea for this build since I basically have to park myself on top of bosses but I would absolutely need to get corrupted blood immunity via a jewel for that to work.

After all of that, I'm still not sure how he's getting around not using lifetap for SS. Even with the reservation bump from swapping back to Dragonflight, I feel like there would still be significant downtime but idk. I guess I could try it and find out. First to Strike, Last to Fall seems incredibly powerful from a survivability standpoint so I think I'm going to pick up those jewels and maybe (once again) rework my passive tree to try and spec into a crit build.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 15:13 on May 6, 2024

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

At first I was sad for not hitting mumentum or fortify, but this is a 10% more dmg boost in pob so I'll take it.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Why would you go for the double corrupt and not for the annul?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Wuxi posted:

Who, me or Mikojan?

E: NM. The ss Mikojan posted isn't loading for me for some reason.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 6, 2024

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Wuxi posted:

That would have made a lot more sense yes

Although honestly, I'm not precise technique and actually at 20% crit / 200% multi, so the crit is kinda nice to have. And the bleed is also adding like half a mil to my DPS.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

The example you provided above gives up defense for another +1 to projectile gems on his helm + pierce (which is weird since he already has pierce from Lioneye's) and that build is super low on defense. Is level 30 for skill gems a huge breakpoint or something?

Ralakesh seems like a really weird choice for this build since you'd have to give up ALL of your move speed which I would imagine feels terrible. I guess you can use leap slam to get around but it's not going to feel good. I guess perm-frenzy will give you some move speed but not as much as I have rn. I figured the double corrupted Lioneye's was a pipe dream but lo and behold, someone just listed one yesterday for 20d so I'm gonna go ahead and buy that immediately which will take my SS gem to level 28 which should immediately help with even more damage.

Aside from that, I already have a impale paradoxica stashed away (vs the blind version I'm using atm). I also have all of those cluster jewels he has in storage. He has a forbidden flesh/flame combo that I don't have (but is available for ~30d) and an impossible escape/perfect agony jewel that simply does not exist on console at the moment. I gotta say the only positive change to ubers that I've noticed is that those flame/flesh combos seem to be a lot more prevalent now. Bottled faith seems like a great idea for this build since I basically have to park myself on top of bosses but I would absolutely need to get corrupted blood immunity via a jewel for that to work.

After all of that, I'm still not sure how he's getting around not using lifetap for SS. Even with the reservation bump from swapping back to Dragonflight, I feel like there would still be significant downtime but idk. I guess I could try it and find out. First to Strike, Last to Fall seems incredibly powerful from a survivability standpoint so I think I'm going to pick up those jewels and maybe (once again) rework my passive tree to try and spec into a crit build.

Pierce isn’t just “your projectiles piece everything”, it has a certain number attached, so he’s still getting value out of the enchantment. I dunno if it’s worth it, but it’s not doing nothing (it’s also possible he’s a dummy and thinks the +1 to projectile skills affects sniper’s mark.)

Not sure about level 30, I only actually count him hitting level 28 on the SS. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: ralakesh, the power charges are probably a non-trivial factor in bumping crit up, and permanent endurance charges certainly help make up some of the lost defenses. He’s got his quicksilver flask with % to gain charge on crit, which is gonna do a lot to help him keep it up permanently, so that helps on the move speed.

I’m not at home so can’t look more in PoB.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Is there some deterministic method for coloring corrupted 6 sockets that I’m forgetting or are my only two options spamming tainted chromes / paying the exorbitant bench fee in Vaals? I don’t remember it being this hard to get what I wanted before but I do have a tendency to get lucky.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

It's just tainted chromes or bench socket colouring.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Einwand posted:

It's just tainted chromes or bench socket colouring.

Ok thank you

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Switched from ice trap trickster to hexblast mines sab and holy poo poo. Everything just melts. It’s incredible.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah I'm playing a hexblast mines trickster and it's pretty nuts. Actually allowed me to kill UE which I can only do with the most broken of builds

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

hawowanlawow posted:

Yeah I'm playing a hexblast mines trickster and it's pretty nuts. Actually allowed me to kill UE which I can only do with the most broken of builds

This is only my second season so I’ve never made it that far (last season I lost interest just after getting into red maps), but I’m cautiously optimistic about going further with this build

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Yeah now we're getting somewhere:

https://pobb.in/n4ISpOxpGzhN

I can make the jump to a crit build as soon as I figure out a way to get by without lifetap (but I'm not really sure how to do that). New ring with +mana regen maybe? Idk.

E: So I'm looking at CoE to see if there's a way to craft a ring with mana regen on it (which might solve my lifetap problem) but the only "regenerate X mana per-second" mod I can find is a drop only delve mod. Is that accurate? There's a veiled mod that says "+mana/regen x per-second" but I need the bench crafted slot for the -7 to total mana cost for non-channeling skills explicit. Am I just going about this wrong or am I looking to craft something that cannot be crafted?

looking to do:
Amethyst base
+chaos resist (gravecraft works fine here)
+all elemental resists (maybe gravecraft? I can maybe do this by boosting resist corpses and -individual elemental resist corpses. Not sure if this will work but it seems to fit PoE logic)
+mana regen
+wildcard (hopefully either int or dex - which I know you can't really do with gravecrafting)
+defensive wildcard (armor or evasion which I think I can do with gravecrating)
+open prefix for crafted -7 to total mana cost for non-channeling skills

Some mix of a gravecrafting fracture and maybe fossils since the mana regen prefix is a delve exclusive? Maybe I'm not using CoE right. It forces you to select a crafting method before I start picking mods. What I'd really like to do is plug in a set of mods and have it spit out, "here's the best way to go about this" and then I could stop bothering you guys with this stuff.

E: Oh poo poo I can clear T17s pretty easily now. Neat.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 6, 2024

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I pretty much skipped this league but I did play the poo poo out of BPL (very, very close race at the end).

Anyway, here's a watcher's eye that dropped for the team

And here is the new entry to my "Just Find It" playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDJpKtG04zA

If you've never played BPL, check it out (next league, probably). It's so much fun.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That prismatic jewel is amazing

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I just realized another neat thing you can do on console is that when someone is selling an item who is offline, it provides their PSN so I can harass them via PM to log in and accept my offer. Does PC do that with Steam ID or w/e?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Frank Frank posted:

I just realized another neat thing you can do on console is that when someone is selling an item who is offline, it provides their PSN so I can harass them via PM to log in and accept my offer. Does PC do that with Steam ID or w/e?

You can PM them via the PoE trade site, the whisper button has a drop-down option where you can select PM.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah but nobody is checking those PMs. Does it pop up a Steam chat notification?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
No, because you could have a standalone account or login via Steam or Epic (lol @ anytime who uses Epic though)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

bawfuls posted:

Yeah but nobody is checking those PMs. Does it pop up a Steam chat notification?

This. No one checks those PMs but PSN notifications pop up on your phone. Guy hadn't logged in for over 7 days but was selling 1/2 of the forbidden jewel combo I needed. PM'ed him on PSN, had the jewel 2 minutes later. Doesn't entirely make up for the fact that the console economy is absolutely hosed up but w/e.

Ex: If you buy in bulk on console, expect to pay more per-item because there's no bulk sale mechanic and those who offer it demand a premium in return. REALLY sucks when buying essences/large amounts of basic currency or w/e (alts, vaals etc). That said, you can also get rich by farming essences very quickly if you sell in bulk and accumulate them quickly enough but the grind is brutal.

So is there a good way to craft mana regen onto a ring that doesn't involve benchcraft? Craft of Exile doesn't seem to think so and I don't think it's an option for gravecrafting at all.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

mynnna posted:

A looooooot of your build's defenses is wrapped up in evasion, so you're all well and good until you get that bad roll or streak of rolls.

Evasion has entropy so streaks don't really happen.