Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mega64 posted:

Mario 35 but every year they add another Mario for consistency.

This is why they had to cut off Mario 35 after 6 months, they'd need to start rounding up to Mario 36 and the game couldn't handle that many Marios (lazy devs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Psycho Society posted:

how old is mario. time for his colonoscopy

he's apparently only 23

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

MassRafTer posted:

This is why they had to cut off Mario 35 after 6 months, they'd need to start rounding up to Mario 36 and the game couldn't handle that many Marios (lazy devs)

Turns out they never stopped working on Mario 128.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Psycho Society posted:

how old is mario. time for his colonoscopy

gotta get his pipes cleared out

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

hemale in pain posted:

I tried battletoads battlemaniacs and jesus christ the jetbike level. I can't even win it with rewinds.

I didn't have any trouble with that one, but the one where you are riding a loving buzz saw thing and being chased by a rat is loving impossible. It's like the NES version of the level but ten times worse, you need to do two more actions than the NES version, and the huge sprites take up so much space you have less than half the reaction time

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

see also: killing mario 35 instead of monetizing it

:whitewater:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Microtransactions would suck, but like... Charge $5 for it, and keep it up.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Kevyn posted:

Galaxy itself is on Switch, included in Super Mario 3D All Stars along with Mario 64 and Sunshine. It only had a limited print run a few years ago so you’d probably have to hit up eBay to find a sealed copy.

I keep meaning to order a Japanese copy of this for my kid because they’re still at least reasonably priced.

Nintendo also localized the first FE and released it digitally on the switch around the same time and pulled it off for the same reason.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

TheMightyBoops posted:

I keep meaning to order a Japanese copy of this for my kid because they’re still at least reasonably priced.

Nintendo also localized the first FE and released it digitally on the switch around the same time and pulled it off for the same reason.

My 11 year old got all mad because he missed FE1 on the switch so I had to dig around and found its also available for DS so he's happy now that he gets to play it. (I won't let him play it on my switch because he will inevitably delete my game)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Microtransactions would suck, but like... Charge $5 for it, and keep it up.

I don't think lack of profit was the reason Nintendo didn't keep it up, they just decided it was going to be a limited event for Nintendo reasons and that was it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

otter posted:

My 11 year old got all mad because he missed FE1 on the switch so I had to dig around and found its also available for DS so he's happy now that he gets to play it. (I won't let him play it on my switch because he will inevitably delete my game)

thats not the same game though

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

All Fire Emblems are the same game

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Scholtz posted:

All Fire Emblems are the same game

the FE thread would tear you asunder like rabid dogs

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Meowywitch posted:

:ssh: The kid doesn't know that. Don't tell him!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the people who refer to fire emblem games by number are genuinely insane

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

An Actual Princess posted:

What about Fire Emblem 776?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Meowywitch posted:

Aside from it being a remake how much does it fundamentally differ from the original except in the changed graphics etc, in any way that would matter to an 11 year old?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He is old enough to remember that adult swim commercial back when the interstitial bumps were actually swimming pool themed, where the guy in a weird costume yells at some old people in an actual adult swim to "Get your darn colon checked!"

They have a Space Ghost anniversary stream 24/7 on Youtube and I've never been happier. Let's go back inside where the gas is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiheRTcwkc4

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

An Actual Princess posted:

its confusing that the remakes are counted as new “numbered titles” by them

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

jackhunter64 posted:

They have a Space Ghost anniversary stream 24/7 on Youtube and I've never been happier. Let's go back inside where the gas is!

Why?
Because it's more fantastical!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Look, I’ve pieced it together. Zorak wasn’t dead, but now he is.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I didn't have any trouble with that one, but the one where you are riding a loving buzz saw thing and being chased by a rat is loving impossible. It's like the NES version of the level but ten times worse, you need to do two more actions than the NES version, and the huge sprites take up so much space you have less than half the reaction time

Turns out my pro controller is just hosed! I stuck the joycons together and cleared it. I'm trying the stupid rat chainsaw guy now and the d-pad joycon buttons are so tiny it's a huge pain :(

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

jackhunter64 posted:

Hey, here's something depressing; while Cartoon Network makes.... Whatever it is off of that marathon, Andy Merrill, the voice of Brak and the co-creator of Adult Swim, is an Amazon driver now, seeing none of those royalties.

Yes, really.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

otter posted:

Don't let him use your profile then

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Hi Switch thread.

https://twitter.com/NintendoCoLtd/status/1787736518762881197

Japanese fiscal year ends March 31st so if it’s not going to be at this June Direct you’ve got anywhere from two to ten months for a Switch 2 reveal.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah it's kind of a big nothing except to establish that the June direct will have nothing about the Switch 2. This will not stop people complaining that there was nothing about the Switch 2 in it.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Chronojam posted:

Don't let him use your profile then

I’m also not letting him touch my oled switch. If he really needs to play it from the original source he can play it on one of my many emulation devices.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
lol after seven years of "leakers" claiming the switch 2 is right around the corner Nintendo just tweets in the middle of the night that it's coming sometime in the next 365-ish days

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
that's why nintendo's the goat

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

lol after seven years of "leakers" claiming the switch 2 is right around the corner Nintendo just tweets in the middle of the night that it's coming sometime in the next 365-ish days

Yeah but you know that isn't going to stop them from patting themselves on the back for "calling it"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

lol after seven years of "leakers" claiming the switch 2 is right around the corner Nintendo just tweets in the middle of the night that it's coming being announced/revealed sometime in the next 365-ish days

Ftfy

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Ammat The Ankh posted:

This is just the announcement of the announcement. They're not saying the Sw2tch is launching sometime within the next year, they're saying that they'll announce the Sw2tch sometime in the next year.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
This is Miyamoto, Marios dad. Can you buy me some itunes gift cards?

It's really me, look here's Mario, WHAHOOP

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Everytime he posts "This is Furukawa" it reminds me of Mega Man 2 when you get an Item and it goes "Incoming Message from Dr Light"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

IGN is speculating that there’s a good chance the Switch finally outsells the PS2’s total hardware sales when it’s all said and done.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

All it takes is a solid price drop for Xmas

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

IGN is speculating that there’s a good chance the Switch finally outsells the PS2’s total hardware sales when it’s all said and done.

would be insane.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Meant to link it:

https://www.ign.com/articles/with-switch-2-waiting-in-the-wings-nintendo-believes-the-og-switch-has-plenty-of-sales-left-in-it

Numbers:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Commander Keene posted:

This is just the announcement of the announcement. They're not saying the Sw2tch is launching sometime within the next year, they're saying that they'll announce the Sw2tch sometime in the next year.
Specifically, before the end of next March, because financial years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

The Successor to the Nintendo Switch is a lovely name imo, it’s the Wii U all over again