Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Buce posted:

i want to go on record though that anybody wearing or carrying ostrich leather is super gross. that poo poo looks like pustule-ridden cadaver scraps at best

e: check out my disgusting pimple boots -- how stylish :wink:

I'm on vacation in a place that has an ostrich leather lounge suite and it's like a teenage goon's face every time you sit down :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

All leather products (outside of"exotic" leathers that are banned in most civilized countries) are made from waste products of food industry. There's a tremendous surplus of hides, even with all the leather production most get dumped or incinerated. So leather industry creates no need for additional slaughter.

It's genuinely astonishing how little of a meat animal going through modern processes is wasted.

The curse is fuckwits like Jamie Oliver claiming it's a bad thing.

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

codo27 posted:

The diarrhea burger makes me think of a full blown alcoholic quote machine buddy of mine. Lot of people I know have coastal cabins in places only accessible by boat. Years ago they weren't as posh as they have it now, and they relied on outhouses, no indoor plumbing. They had seal meat cooked one evening and he says, "there'll be a pile of poo poo in the beach tomorrow morning, the sun won't rise over it"

The Cursed Images Thread: the sun won't rise over it

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Karate Bastard posted:

Wanna see a guy attach this to their dick and do a whole nunchuck routine

We could make a site out of it similar to the "how long can you watch meatspin" site.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Xmas gift for your recently divorced aunt

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ghostlight posted:

there was also a quite significant anti-fur movement in the 80s that started, poetically, with brigette bardot campaigning against the use of seal fur and expanded to multiple animal welfare organisations running sustained ad campaigns and protests against the wearing of fur. the pressure from the cause celebre led to fur sales in britain dropping by 75% between 1985 and 1990, with even artificial fur falling out of fashion.

One of the few times a boycott worked. :capitalism:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

He must have had a TB of ram otherwise that would be the slowest PC. Browsers suck with with 100 open tabs let alone thousands.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
these days they put unused tabs in hibernation so they don't consume resources

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Harry_Potato posted:

He must have had a TB of ram otherwise that would be the slowest PC. Browsers suck with with 100 open tabs let alone thousands.

I've got at least a thousand open tabs, and 64GB ram. It doesn't load each into ram when you reboot unless you actually click into them or pin them.

I won't act like having 50 actively loaded into ram won't crash my game to desktop though.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

I've got at least a thousand open tabs, and 64GB ram. It doesn't load each into ram when you reboot unless you actually click into them or pin them.

I won't act like having 50 actively loaded into ram won't crash my game to desktop though.

why do you do this

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Power move

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

My husband does this as well. Last I checked he had 9 different Firefox windows and two Chrome windows open, with maybe 60+ tabs open in each window, mostly for songs he likes on Soundcloud or threads he's behind on on this dead gay forum.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Loden Taylor posted:

why do you do this

Because some of us have been using the same browser session for the last ~20 years and we really are going to read that article any day now.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
That is deranged.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Digital hoarders.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Like, why keep an open tab rather than just putting it in a bookmark?

I know the answer is essentially 'lazy', but it seems like you are really hoping you don't have the inevitable bad crash.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tester: Hey Stoatbringer, the application is really sluggish today, do I need to raise a ticket?
Me: Hmmm seems fine to me, can you share your screen? … Thanks…. Okay why do you have 75 tabs open?
Tester: Is that a problem?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Whatever dream tech you can come up with, there are hordes of disgusting and WRONG! folks who will abuse it in ways you couldn't even dream of.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Even when working I start to feel cluttered with more than about a dozen tabs. When I am changing to a different work task I close all but the two pinned ones and start over as needed.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Loden Taylor posted:

why do you do this

Because I can put my cursor over the tabs and spin the mouse wheel to "scrub" through everything I've researched in chronological order, and that way I can pull up a cluster of related tabs that followed my train of thought for whatever day it was.

I'm sure there's some better way to do it like but it's worked well enough for decade now.

holttho
May 21, 2007

There just needs to be an episode of Hoarders where they go into an otherwise spotless house and then find the horror of these browser tab amounts. The County gonna come take the kids away because you got so many tabs open.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Try bookmarks.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Ghostlight posted:

there was also a quite significant anti-fur movement in the 80s that started, poetically, with brigette bardot campaigning against the use of seal fur and expanded to multiple animal welfare organisations running sustained ad campaigns and protests against the wearing of fur. the pressure from the cause celebre led to fur sales in britain dropping by 75% between 1985 and 1990, with even artificial fur falling out of fashion.

So are we just tossing a bunch of hides/furs into landfills now? Kill the animal, waste the hide? wtf

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 6, 2024

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Desert Bus posted:

So are we just tossing a bunch of hides/furn into landfills now? Kill the animal, waste the hide? wtf

No we just aren’t killing the animals in the first place because a bunch of them were just being bred and killed for the fur.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just don't look in my "other bookmarks" folder

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

No we just aren’t killing the animals in the first place because a bunch of them were just being bred and killed for the fur.

So we should just start eating the animals that make good furs. Simple solutions to complex issues.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

hawowanlawow posted:

just don't look in my "other bookmarks" folder

Scared someone's gonna see all the kickstarters you never backed?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I suspect there's less animals being raised specifically for their hides/furs now.

IIRC there's different cows raised for leather, meat, and dairy.

E: F, B

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

holttho posted:

There just needs to be an episode of Hoarders where they go into an otherwise spotless house and then find the horror of these browser tab amounts. The County gonna come take the kids away because you got so many tabs open.

Tab with deadcat.jpeg wedged inbetween two wikipedia tabs :(

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

holttho posted:

davidspackage posted:

Tab with deadcat.jpeg wedged inbetween two wikipedia tabs :(

I just hope you'll do the right thing and make the decision that is best for this computer

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Do psychos with that many tabs open them refer to them as their "treasures"? All those people on hoarder shows always refer to their piles of junk as "treasures". First rip-off right there.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

We Got Us A Bread posted:

They're called Pelicans, not Pelicants.

From what I have seen, more like pelicunts

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Pelicaunts, from half life 3.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

You can’t arrange your icons by penis.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Nfcknblvbl posted:

You can’t arrange your icons by penis.

My penis works on my phone's touchscreen as well as my fingers do. I could 100% rearrange my icons with my penis.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Desert Bus posted:

My penis works on my phone's touchscreen as well as my fingers do. I could 100% rearrange my icons with my penis.

Observe how the guy with the horn plays his keyboard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frZAL0YRDJ0

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

wesleywillis posted:

We could make a site out of it similar to the "how long can you watch meatspin" site.

I heard You Spin Me Right Round on the radio years ago and laughed because it made me think of that gif.

Then I realized that the song would forever bring that to mind for the rest of my life.

I stopped laughing.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Observe how the guy with the horn plays his keyboard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frZAL0YRDJ0

I enjoyed that way more than I feel I should have. Musically, I mean; I'm not ashamed of liking wangs occasionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Chrpno posted:

That was Schumann arrrgh how could you

lol Robert Schumann paralyzed his right hand shoving a knife between his fingers so he could reach piano keys gooder.

Robert Schumann was a weird gently caress.