Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

breadshaped posted:

So what happened to egypts angry posturing that rafah would be their red line?

they ain’t gonna do poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

breadshaped posted:

Egypt's red line was always invading rafah not bombing it. An invasion hasn't happened. That said if they do anything it would be very surprising.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

breadshaped posted:

al-saqr's response forms in my mind, instantly and completely, as soon I read this question

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

they ain’t gonna do poo poo

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dogs gonna bark

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i hope im proven wrong and egypt does something based on what ive seen so far that seems extremely unlikely

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1787560102645338379?t=4VsW2nryuB5H-CKHLJVbag&s=19

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

HallelujahLee posted:

i hope im proven wrong and egypt does something based on what ive seen so far that seems extremely unlikely

tetSUOOO
Mar 1, 2024

Welp

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Terrible for the civilians in Rafah, and my thoughts are with those people, sincerely.

But good in the sense of hastening Israel's demise. The Zionist project is clearly on its last legs if their enemies can propose ceasefire terms from a position of strength and the apartheid state has to suppress a news outlet from doing its job.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

im not religious but i hope theres a hell for both israel and the us

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Wow! Death to Israel!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

breadshaped posted:

It's right up there, in the window waving to us. Standing right next to Obamna's Syria chemical weapons red line.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Also Israel continuing the war into Rafah has signed their death certificate. Them accepting the current deal might have bought them a decade, but with this they’ve turbocharged their end.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

shot

quote:

"This would appear to be a ruse intended to make Israel look like the side refusing a deal," said the Israeli official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

chaser

quote:

An official briefed on the peace talks, also speaking on condition of anonymity, said however that the offer Hamas had accepted was effectively the same as one agreed at the end of April by Israel.

speedball

quote:

Israeli bombardment of eastern Rafah areas continued throughout the day on Monday.

“They have been firing since last night and today after the evacuation orders the bombardment became more intense because they want to frighten us to leave,” Jaber Abu Nazly, a 40-year old father of two told Reuters via a chat app.

“Some families already left, others are wondering whether there is any place safe in the whole of Gaza,” he added.

Overnight, Israeli planes had hit 10 houses, killing 20 people, Palestinian medical officials said. The Israeli military said it had struck the site in Rafah from which the previous day's rocket had been launched at its troops.

Instructed by Arabic text messages, phone calls, and flyers to move to what the Israeli military called an "expanded humanitarian zone" around 20 km (12 miles) away, some Palestinian families began trundling away in chilly spring rain.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

HallelujahLee posted:

I hope they do something based, too.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yeah this now being reported on every israeli news site

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Particularly classy of them to do it on Yom HaShoah. loving nazi scum. loving death to loving Israel.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

eastern rafah under massive bombarment atm no idea if invasion has started

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

HallelujahLee posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1787565121109204997?t=s7-qtlJiKjAop7TWohIYRQ&s=19

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
DTI DTI DTI a million billion trillion times

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

IDF says it is operating against Hamas ‘in a targeted manner’ in eastern Rafah
By Emanuel Fabian
Today, 10:29 pm

The Israeli military announces that troops are currently striking and operating against Hamas sites “in a targeted manner” in eastern Rafah.

The IDF says it will provide further information on the operation soon.

The announcement comes after Palestinian media reported a series of strikes in the area, where the IDF earlier called for civilians to evacuate

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

HallelujahLee posted:

IDF says it is operating against Hamas ‘in a targeted manner’ in eastern Rafah
By Emanuel Fabian
Today, 10:29 pm

The Israeli military announces that troops are currently striking and operating against Hamas sites “in a targeted manner” in eastern Rafah.

The IDF says it will provide further information on the operation soon.

The announcement comes after Palestinian media reported a series of strikes in the area, where the IDF earlier called for civilians to evacuate

targeted means hospitals and journalists

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

put up or shut up egypt

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i still think back to even october 8th and how this garbage demon nation could of ended this ages ago but instead we got a genocidal zionist freak letting this continue on and on

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
time to duck out for a while, any invasion of rafah is going to be awful. it's a city of children ffs

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Terrible for the civilians in Rafah, and my thoughts are with those people, sincerely.

But good in the sense of hastening Israel's demise. The Zionist project is clearly on its last legs if their enemies can propose ceasefire terms from a position of strength and the apartheid state has to suppress a news outlet from doing its job.

you want to believe this but both the US and Germany haven't even begin to empty their coffers to keep this nightmare country afloat

I wonder if PW botha was still alive if he would be infuriated that Israel is getting away with what he tried to do for so long

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/1787537518671323319

lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Dreylad posted:

it's a city of children ffs

guess we know why they are mad: they want an artillery bombardment not an aerial one

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

cartoonishly loving evil to do this practically as a response to Hamas' acceptance of the Qatari deal, loving demon nation

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

I'm gonna pop a vein

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Sancho Banana posted:

DTI DTI DTI a million billion trillion times

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MazMHussain/status/1787566776177328422?t=5n9i6L4rUpe47NOzly8LqQ&s=19

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

how about you worthless losers intervene

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Sancho Banana posted:

cartoonishly loving evil to do this practically as a response to Hamas' acceptance of the Qatari deal, loving demon nation

Hamas may have agreed to it only because they knew israel was goign to go through with it regardless, and now the last thing they did beforehand was reject a ceasefire.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Whole bunch of Twitter posts saying the land invasion has begun

Seems the world's about to hit a fever pitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

HallelujahLee posted:

they’re building it for themselves