Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Bad Driver on YouTube also posts videos about easy platinums in every sale. And has a nice European accent that I can't place at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

ShakeZula posted:

Plat #128 Marvel's Midnight Suns

Claimed this one as a free PS+ game. The combat system seemed like it was very much not my kind of thing, but I figured I'd give it a shot since it was free and I had a gap in my schedule. By the end I liked it so much that I actually bought the DLC season pass (which also had the effect of making the NG+ playthrough feel a lot fresher).

The story is pretty good, and the gameplay loop was pretty satisfying by the end. I probably could've platted it faster but I got too invested in maxing out all my friendships before starting NG+, but that's a good problem to have I suppose.

Hell yeah Midnight Suns is so good.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Paying2Lurk posted:

Platinum #378, 27th game finished of 2024 (Yes I'm counting it) - Road Bustle Online

Okay look, this "game" was a penny. It's literally 1 cent on the US PSN store right now for some reason. 1 cent, 5 minute platinum. How am I supposed to resist? I'm not made of stone, people! I already have the plats for Road Bustle and Road Bustle 2 anyway, why not complete the set?

it’s important, that when you sell your principles that you sell them as cheaply as possible.

Reminding me of cheap games meant I went and had look and for a whopping $0.14 I got the other Cuties Hacked anime lady game. The other one was a solid several hours of Qix style gameplay and I'm only sad these games don't have plats as they are the definition of an easy evening's “actual game” trophy hunt where you can experience that exquisite balance of satisfaction and slight shame.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ultrachrist posted:

I got the platinum in Powerwash Simulator. I finished nearly 4 full audiobooks while washing.

By contrast, I found the water limit ones excruciating slow. I did it on the timed versions of: van, bike, golf cart, and the two big maps.

These are the five I ended up doing. The bigger maps are easier although if you screw up it really sucks to do it again (where I was 17 seconds off gold doing the Bungalow for the first time.)

51 hours to complete, and unlike a lot of platimums I didn't immediately uninstall because I was done. Maybe in a couple months I would be willing to download some. of the DLC to play again.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Platinum #657: Dave the Diver

Game rules and probably one of the best ps+ games we've gotten this year. Happy to knock this out. It does get grindy at the end but I got most of the trophies without issues.

Working on Stellar Blade now, should take me about two weeks or less to complete out.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Parkingtigers posted:

it’s important, that when you sell your principles that you sell them as cheaply as possible.

Luckily, when it comes to trophies I have no principles. To wit:

Platinums #379 and #380, 28th and 29th games completed in 2024 - Alienzix and Grimoire Organizer.

A couple of nine cent platinums to start off the new month. Alienzix is actually hard after Chapter 5. It turns into a horizontal shooter which it is NOT very good at doing at all. I was wondering how the hell people got the plat in under a minute and it turns out there's a cheat code. That way you can just skip levels and get to the end. Oh. So I did that after getting to Chapter 6 exactly once and was done. Grimoire Organizer falls into the "barely a game" category. You can "win" by doing nothing, and in fact there's a trophy for doing just that! Everything else is very simple as well.

So that puts me 20 games away from 400. I've got a few more cheapos I can knock out, too. Between those, double-dipping on some PS Classics, and PS5 versions of shorter games I have, I can get close. But I'm going to take my time with it because I've decided platinum trophy number 400 will either be Elden Ring or FFXIV (PS4 version).

That's right. I've fallen into the clutches of FFXIV again. I've only got the super grindy trophies left so I'm trying to work on those a little bit each day while also catching up on story stuff before Dawntrail comes out. I'm right at the beginning of Heavensward and totally forget everything about playing my tank so I'm using the grindy stuff to remember. Lotsa buttons in this game! It's also got me looking into one of those USB port hubs because the PS5 doesn't have enough, and I'd like to hookup a keyboard for chatting. Once I get the PS4 plat, I'll move to the PS5 version - again, hopefully before Dawntrail.

And I'm still shooting for the Fallout 76 plat and 100% before my month of 1st runs out, and I'm also also trying to get as much Dragon Ball XV2 done as I can before the PS5 version comes out. And I'm also going to hook my PS3 back up this weekend and start on that drat XCom Enemy Unknown platinum as well. Maybe that will be #400. I'll see what I'm closest to finishing when I get there in like late June. Busy times in videogame land!

Paying2Lurk fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 1, 2024

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ineffiable posted:

Platinum #657: Dave the Diver

Game rules and probably one of the best ps+ games we've gotten this year.

I feel the need to clarify that this is part of PS+ Extra and is/was not one of the free monthly games

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

That's some impressive goals you've got there.

Since it's the beginning of a new month and you've posted your rundown, I might as well do a quick one:

Currently working on:

A Little to the Left: mostly daily activities left, this is soon gonna be something I only play about ten minutes a day.

Carrion: just working on this like 30 minutes a day.

Stellar Blade: my current big game

Future goals:

I'm estimating about two weeks to finish Stellar Blade. If I do so, I'll have roughly six weeks to tackle backlog stuff until Elden Ring dlc. So the plan is to start and/or finish 20 games within that time span. For reference, for the entire month of April, I had 16 games started and/or finished. No specific games at this point, just gonna pick and choose as I finish stuff and make room in my rotation to add on games.

Since Dave the Diver just finished, I'll probably pick out another chill indie game that I can slowly work on. I'm thinking world of horror or voice of Cards.

I do have another goal at the end of the month that once completed, I'll reveal it.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 1, 2024

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

I've been enjoying my "year of not chasing plats". I've spent nearly 200 hours in Diablo 2 so far and yeah I don't think I'll chase that level 99 hardcore. Got Balatro recently and that's another that looks to have a quite long/hard plat. FF7 Rebirth was another long one and is doable but I'll probably wait for a while until I have an FF7 urge to do the hard playthrough. It's weird and refreshing just kind of... playing games.

That said I'm doing a huge amount of stuff around the house, getting a garden ready, getting people in to do some work, etc. so just having a more chill gaming experience has been nice to offset all that work. A lot more real life trophies this year.

Dr. Eldarion fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 1, 2024

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I do not understand at all the brainworms of wanting to buy games specifically to get more platinums. It's not at all like my brainworms of being completely unable to resist the compulsion to get the platinum in all games I play but only after I've already bought them. Why do people have weird brainworms instead of the normal brainworms that I have?

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

number go up

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I have a problem that I am interested in such a large variety of games so my backlog is just enormous at this point and chasing as many trophies as possible in each game definitely slows me down.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Case in point. I posted this in the Playstation discord but I'm sharing here just for some thoughts.

Should I play....

1. World of Horror
2. Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden
3.Pentiment
4.Night in the Woods
5.The Good Life
6.Balatro
7.Oxenfree 2

Cast your votes!

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

I got Balatro a few days ago and it's been really fun. Doesn't quite get me as addicted as Slay the Spire did, but on the flipside it's a lot more chill. With one of the trophies looking to be quite difficult, it's a good candidate for less-focus-on-plats year too.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Ineffiable posted:

I have a problem that I am interested in such a large variety of games so my backlog is just enormous at this point and chasing as many trophies as possible in each game definitely slows me down.

Yeahhhh that's my problem. I wish I was more discerning about what I found fun, but I enjoy so many types of games that inevitably my backlog grows, and I want to play through them all. Then the trophy enthusiast in me compounds that.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Ineffiable posted:

Should I play....

1. World of Horror

I love this game but it did delete my data randomly at least once. Idk if the latest patch fixed this.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ineffiable posted:

My problem is that all the games I love the most are like 60-100 hours long, or poo poo like Rimworld that's meant to be replayed over and over, or an MMO.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I got the plat in Persona 3 Reloaded. I was afraid I would come short of completing all social links since I wasn't using a guide but actually it was very easy. I had all non-Aigis links finished by the end of winter exams and many many dead days. Most of the other trophies are just playing the game. I reloaded a late game save and dropped it to the lowest difficulty to kill the reaper (which gave me enough xp to fuse messiah) since that would have been a pain in the rear end on merciless. ~60h total but I had already played it (and took much longer) on ps2.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Platinum trophy #381 - Fallout 76

Not counting it as complete yet since I don't have all the DLC trophies, but I had to post about getting the plat. This was one of those games that I never really thought I'd get the platinum trophy for, but once I was able to knock out the kills and revives with Parkingtiger I became obsessed. Trying to get those drat 20 magazines felt more impossible than the actual Scorch Beast Queen fight. Regardless, after 5 years and 5 months it's done.

I stayed up way too late, but now I can't sleep because the adrenaline is still pumping. I know the crash is coming, but until then I'm riding that trophy high.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

#117 Hero Of The Kingdom - The Lost Tales 1
I love these yanky little "click around the world" games, from the non-existant gameplay to the yanky graphics. I didn't get all the achievements for the first one for some reason, should remedy that.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Platinum #382, 30th game completed in 2024: Unpacking (PS5 version)

I played through the PS4 version legit, but this time I put on the setting that lets you place stuff anywhere. The only "challenge" was the trophy for finding a spot for all the plants in one level. Setting them anywhere didn't work, but eventually I stuck them all on the same shelf in one room and that worked. Other than that, easy breezey,

Which is what I wanted because I turned on Fallout 76 today to find myself completely burned out on it. Was excited about it yesterday, didn't want to touch it at all today. Same thing happened with Path of Exile last month. One minute I love the grind, and the next I'm totally sick of it. Still have a couple weeks of 1st left so maybe I'll go back to it after a break, but probably not.

Oh well, time for sleep.

Paying2Lurk fucked around with this message at 06:21 on May 3, 2024

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paying2Lurk posted:

Which is what I wanted because I turned on Fallout 76 today to find myself completely burned out on it. Was excited about it yesterday, didn't want to touch it at all today. Same thing happened with Path of Exile last month. One minute I love the grind, and the next I'm totally sick of it. Still have a couple weeks of 1st left so maybe I'll go back to it after a break, but probably not.

This happens to me all the time in ffxiv. There's so much stuff that I initially had "planned" to get done before the next expansion and I'm not even going to come close.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

IcePhoenix posted:

This happens to me all the time in ffxiv. There's so much stuff that I initially had "planned" to get done before the next expansion and I'm not even going to come close.

Oh no, FFXIV is one of the games I'm playing instead of FO76 now lol. I'm sure I'll get burned out on it again too, but hopefully not before I catch up on the MSQ and finish off the PS4 trophies I have left. Hoping to start on the PS5 version with Dawntrail.

EXCEPT, a new challenger has entered. Since FF7R Intergrade is leaving PS Plus on the 21st, I'm going to try and play through the DLC before that happens. It's only 15 hours according to the PSNP guide so that shouldn't be too hard to do. But, there's a DLC trophy you get by completing a Hard mode fight in the main game. I'm hoping I can get that trophy in the PS5 version of the main game without actually owning the Intergrade DLC. It would take me too long to get to that point in the free upgrade PS5 version I own.

So for now my plan is:
  • Beat Intergrade and get all the trophies except the Weiss one
  • Go back to the PS4 version and finish the plat
  • Transfer that save to my free PS5 upgrade version (no Intergrade)
  • Get that Weiss trophy - hopefully without having to buy the Intergrade DLC

But typing that out now, I realize when I upload my PS4 save to the PS5 version it will probably overwrite the save with the Intergrade progress. Hmmmm. I'll have to do some googling. Some other cheap trophy hunter must have tried it at some point.

Edit - After coming back and reading it all again, I'm just not going to do any of that. I'll spare the thread my early morning trophy ramblings next time.

Paying2Lurk fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 3, 2024

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Paying2Lurk posted:

Edit - After coming back and reading it all again, I'm just not going to do any of that. I'll spare the thread my early morning trophy ramblings next time.

Naw, ramble away. I think we all go through this so it's nice to read someone else's experiences.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Okay. I have 25 plats, but only 9 letters accounted for. By my count, I’m at 23/130, reached as follows:

Borderlands The Pre-Sequel!: 3.29% on PSNP, 5 points
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls: 13.18%, 3 points
Final Fantasy XV: 20.18%, 2 points
God of War: Ragnarok: 45.77%, 2 points (barely)
Horizon Zero Dawn: 27.91%, 2 points
Infamous First Light: 22.58%, 2 points
Star Ocean The Second Story R: 25.76%, 2 points
Tactics Ogre Reborn: 11.84%, 3 points
Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars: 44.15%, 2 points

Total: 23. I accept being forever near the bottom of the leaderboard.

If we went by PSN stats, I’d be at 39. (Replace Tactics Ogre with Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands and FF XV with Final Fantasy XVI.) Alas, that is not the world we live in.

For someone to check my math, my profile in question: https://psnprofiles.com/ShadowedFlames/log?type=platinum

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Hey, a 23/130 gives the three goons just starting their trophy journey someone they can chase and pass with a little work. Your score is an incentive to them.

Current Alphaplat Leaderboard:

Morpheus - 98/130
Dr. Eldarion - 96/130
InEffiable - 93/130
Paying2Lurk 87/130
Fedule - 85/130
ultrachrist - 79/130
Revitalised - 72/130
apohenium - 70/130
Hirsute - 69/130
ShakeZula - 68/130
Parkingtigers - 67/130
Lotus Aura - 65/130
GoutPatrol - 63/130
Anti-Hero - 56/130
Raspberry Bang - 50/130
ShadowedFlames - 23/130 NEW CHALLENGER
IcePhoenix - 18/130
everwake - 14/130
The Postman - 12/130

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paying2Lurk posted:

Oh no, FFXIV is one of the games I'm playing instead of FO76 now lol. I'm sure I'll get burned out on it again too, but hopefully not before I catch up on the MSQ and finish off the PS4 trophies I have left. Hoping to start on the PS5 version with Dawntrail.

I'm mainly just talking about in game achievements (though the trophies are linked to them) since I play on PC.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Got a plat in The Light Brigade and Forespoken.

Really wasn't expecting the Light Brigade. Has a trophy to beat the game with 100% accuracy, all headshots, but thanks to a recent bug that was soon fixed, was able to unlock that. Then I just needed to actually beat the final boss and voila. Fun game, might end up playing more of it actually.

Forespoken, as an open world game, just had so many collectibles and clear-points-of-interest stuff. Took a while, but nothing too difficult otherwise. Got through a bunch of podcasts too. Will say, more than anything, there is just way too much banter between the main character and the cuff on her arm. Was really starting to wear on me as I checked the things off.

Funnily enough Light Brigade is a five pointer plat, but I already have one in Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Also decided to spend an hour or so to finish off the plat for Waltz of the Wizard.

It's a...weird game. A VR title that basically starts like a tech demo in a wizard tower where you can do the usual VR stuff of sitting at a table, interacting with stuff, seeing wacky poo poo. Then you leave the room and go outside where you unlock voice commands, letting you create, destroy, change whatever you want (to an extent, of course). Then later you find out how to use gesture-based magic. And THEN you find a dungeon that you can go through using all this magic stuff to basically crush everything in it. Point at an enemy and say 'destroy that', slow down time, use magic spells to zap or explode things, or just do what I did and conjure a crossbow, then make it large and increase its speed while increasing my own speed to zoom through every room.

Technically speaking it's pretty neat, but the dungeons are pretty dull despite what you can do in them, and once you've explored the environments beforehand there's not much to do. So I just sailed through the dungeons, beat every level, and finished the game for the trophy. Neat, but.im glad I didn't pay more than 4 bucks for it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Parkingtigers posted:

Hey, a 23/130 gives the three goons just starting their trophy journey someone they can chase and pass with a little work. Your score is an incentive to them.

Morpheus - 98/130
Dr. Eldarion - 96/130
InEffiable - 93/130
Paying2Lurk 87/130
Fedule - 85/130
ultrachrist - 79/130
Revitalised - 72/130
apohenium - 70/130
Hirsute - 69/130
ShakeZula - 68/130
Parkingtigers - 67/130
Lotus Aura - 65/130
GoutPatrol - 63/130
Anti-Hero - 56/130
Raspberry Bang - 50/130
ShadowedFlames - 23/130 NEW CHALLENGER
IcePhoenix - 18/130
everwake - 14/130
The Postman - 12/130

I will add my very small, bad list of platinums in here to artificially inflate everyone else’s ranking.

Astro’s Playroom: 47.11%, 2 points
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: 30.17%, 2 points
Cult of the Lamb: 24.94%, 2 points
Great Ace Attorney Chronicles: 29.81%, 2 points
Hades: 25.10%, 2 points
PGA Tour 2K21: 5.92%, 4 points
Rogue Legacy: 2.97%, 5 points

Total: 19 points

Check my math: https://psnprofiles.com/RefereeWA?completion=platinum

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Referee posted:

I will add my very small, bad list of platinums in here to artificially inflate everyone else’s ranking.

That takes us to 20 participants, welcome aboard.

Morpheus - 98/130
Dr. Eldarion - 96/130
InEffiable - 93/130
Paying2Lurk 87/130
Fedule - 85/130
ultrachrist - 79/130
Revitalised - 72/130
apohenium - 70/130
Hirsute - 69/130
ShakeZula - 68/130
Parkingtigers - 67/130
Lotus Aura - 65/130
GoutPatrol - 63/130
Anti-Hero - 56/130
Raspberry Bang - 50/130
ShadowedFlames - 23/130
Referee - 19/130 NEW CHALLENGER
IcePhoenix - 18/130
everwake - 14/130
The Postman - 12/130

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
#110: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

I'm on a Vanillaware kick after Unicorn Overlord. Those guys have a lifetime pass with me after 13 Sentinels so I figure that even forewarned that that game was somewhat of a divergence I wanted to check out their back catalogue. I might even play Grim Grimoire later.

I didn't understand how the team behind Unicorn Overlord with its by the numbers vibe driven exile prince's homecoming plot could have produced 13 Sentinels. But it is very clear how the team that made Odin Sphere would later achieve that feat. Odin Sphere also features five protagonists and their chronological-ish and parallel adventures getting caught up in events with apocalyptic implications. It is an earlier, cruder, forgive me but more amateurish effort, the script is wooden, the voice actors are underprepared, and contrivances abound but, y'know, this plot has still got it, this team has always had it. Stuff happens in this game, the stakes are changing all the time, as is your understanding not so much of what happened but what it means, of what you want for these people, and so on. They really took a swing at it, trying to make a big complex story with a lot of moving parts and a lot of assumed perspectives and a lot of care for how it seems to us knowing both more and less than everyone on screen at any time.

Oh, right, it's also pretty fun to play, it's fundamentally a side-scrolling slash-em-up encounter fest that's pretty lax on difficulty and very heavy on just letting you lean on mechanics long past the point of balance if you want (of course, this also means some encounters are a little bit broken, but hey, it's all about pushing through somehow, and you can always push through. The five protags are all just similar enough and just distinct enough, they all have their kit and their gimmicks and their flavour. Pretty good stuff.

Also it's Vanillaware so, y'know, your eyes are ever in for a treat, especially if you're the same kind of horny they are. I mean good grief. You just have to laugh sometimes.

Trophies are pretty unremarkable except for kind of a weird grind in which you have to try all the different kinds of (incredibly rendered) food in the game at least once and specifically from the guy you have to bring the ingredients to instead of buying with money. This is across all characters except it's impossible to track on that level, but also including secret ones that only appear if you order certain things three times with one character, which is never hinted at, and also many of the ingredients are rare and have tons of other uses and are hard to reliably farm. Also there's a secret ending that's also kind of arbitrary to unlock as it requires you to do the final sequence wrong in like four very specific ways, turning the game into a surprise Shadow the Hedgehog callback. Weirdly bad design there but not too egregious.

This did not affect my alphaplat (21.5% rarity to Outer Wilds' 11%)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel like "just starting their trophy journey" is a little insulting lol. It's not my fault I have most of my platinums tied up in three letters.

I guess technically it is, but still.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel like "just starting their trophy journey" is a little insulting lol. It's not my fault I have most of my platinums tied up in three letters.

I guess technically it is, but still.

Same. Of my 25, almost a third are in the F’s strictly from the Final Fantasy franchise (Pixel Remasters 1-6, XV, XVI).

As soon as I get done my initial run of FF7 Rebirth I’m going to finally start working on some of the other things I’ve been building up. (He says knowing full well he still has Octopath Traveler II to finish as well as starting Live A Live. Yes, I have a preferred genre, is it that obvious?)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Oh hey Fedule, I did Odin sphere like a few months ago. Definitely a weird game to plat!

Anyways here's my recent score:

Platinum #658: Night in The Woods

Game rules, it's a really refreshing take on the problems people go through and grow up with.

I actually played the original release seven years ago on Switch but playing it and going for 100% has made me appreciate it much more.

There are two difficult trophies (difficult as in surprisingly tough for a walking sim/visual novel kinda game). One is for a pretty hard rhythm song and the other, you have to beat a old school game within it.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

ShadowedFlames posted:

Yes, I have a preferred genre, is it that obvious?

The best genre.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I do have a small adjustment to my alphaplat

Armored Core 6 dropped down so it's worth 3 points instead of 4

However I have these three updates:

Edf: wing diver the shooter is now under 10% so my rank for that went from 3 to 4

I did Far: Changing Tides and The Quarry earlier this year, Far increases my F from 3 to 4, Quarry increases my Q from 2 to 3.

So my overall points just went up 2. I believe that's 95 now?

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 6, 2024

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Ineffiable posted:

So my overall points just went up 2. I believe that's 95 now?

Doesn’t change the standings, but puts you firmly on the heels of Dr. E and that threeway race to be the first to crack a triple digit score.

I'm also hoping the influx of Fallout 76 players thanks to the TV show reduces the rarity of that plat. It's frustratingly close at 5.46% and I'm well on track towards earning the plat. I just need 1000 people and that would be my only viable 5 point F in the foreseeable future, Already got a 4 pointer with Fallout Shelter. I really should get back to playing some more Quake so I have a Q, any Q, but don't wanna.

Morpheus - 98/130
Dr. Eldarion - 96/130
InEffiable - 95/130
Paying2Lurk 87/130
Fedule - 85/130
ultrachrist - 79/130
Revitalised - 72/130
apohenium - 70/130
Hirsute - 69/130
ShakeZula - 68/130
Parkingtigers - 67/130
Lotus Aura - 65/130
GoutPatrol - 63/130
Anti-Hero - 56/130
Raspberry Bang - 50/130
ShadowedFlames - 23/130
Referee - 19/130
IcePhoenix - 18/130
everwake - 14/130
The Postman - 12/130

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Parkingtigers posted:

I'm also hoping the influx of Fallout 76 players thanks to the TV show reduces the rarity of that plat. It's frustratingly close at 5.46% and I'm well on track towards earning the plat. I just need 1000 people and that would be my only viable 5 point F in the foreseeable future, Already got a 4 pointer with Fallout Shelter. I really should get back to playing some more Quake so I have a Q, any Q, but don't wanna.

I am also hoping for FO76 to become Ultra Rare. After a couple of days away, I'm fully back into it now. Working on that 100% again. If you need help with any of the other trophies for the plat hit me up any time.

I've already got a 5 pointer in F, but the PS5 version of Quake is UR. That's tempting. Still haven't started on XCom yet so those top 3 positions are safe...for now. Fedule will probably overtake me soon since I'm stuck on Fallout. And the only other UR game I'm kinda playing is FFXIV, which is another F.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
104th platinum down and filling in the E slot (for now?) on the alphaplat is Evoland, a frankly terrible duology who's main gimmick wore out its welcome halfway through the first game and somehow got worse in the second. At least the first one was mostly focused whereas the second one seemed so half-baked with its approximately 1000 different gameplay ideas and none of them fully realised or even frankly feeling finished? The grind to level 30 takes way too long normally so it effectively requires you deal with the terrible beat em up controls where pressing one button makes you jump and either do a spin kick, do a tornado thing thats somehow weaker, do a regular attack or do nothing completely arbitrarily and with no rhyme or reason to it.

It's only an Uncommon too so its only worth 2 points putting me at 67/130. I'll move onto something more fun and enjoyable in-between Balatro grinds now.