Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I thought anyone mentioning pizza was a sign they were a pedophile to Garrison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s local elections disaster – The Tories suffered big losses both in ‘red wall’ areas and more traditionally Conservative places"

Telegraph:

Times:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Alhazred posted:

The poo poo he makes now that no one except for the people posting in this thread reads.

That's not fair. There is also the folks on reddit making Prettyfest edits.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Rob Smith Jr. was the post office guy. Anyone know if he's still active.

He's still posting the occasional toon, but I don't know if he's published anywhere or if anyone gives a poo poo at all. For instance, this one:

That got 25 views on Twitter, and that includes me.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

idonotlikepeas posted:

He's still posting the occasional toon, but I don't know if he's published anywhere or if anyone gives a poo poo at all. For instance, this one:

That got 25 views on Twitter, and that includes me.

Dang, agc

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

I dont know posted:

That's not fair. There is also the folks on reddit making Prettyfest edits.

I once went looking to see who else was discussing Sinfest online. I found a thread in the Bad Webcomics Wiki forum that started out with "what the hell has been going on with sinfest lately" but by page 2 or 3 the OP had disappeared and it was just two users chuckling back and forth about how much the latest comic had owned the libs.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
his twitter page is still getting a bunch of likes and views, because that's the kind of place twitter/x is now. whether any of that is translating to money I don't know

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

his twitter page is still getting a bunch of likes and views, because that's the kind of place twitter/x is now. whether any of that is translating to money I don't know

If Elon read Sinfest in his younger age (not impossible) I wouldn't be surprised if he had him on the content creator thing that is a coin flip if you make money or not. If he was, it probably wouldn't be much.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I think Branson Reese should be legally allowed to kick Ishida in the balls for this one.

Also, I really don't like how Ishida is trying to co-opt the suffering of the people in Palestine for the sake of white supremacy. Like he's directly using their deaths as a way to say "Sure this brown people being murdered and having their homes destroyed is bad, but you know who the REAL victims are? White people."

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Anyway, I'm not ready to get back in the habit of consistently posting Garrison just yet (most of them have been pretty boring lately anyway) but here's an "interesting" one.

Lawyer hopes not to lose case. devastating :iceburn:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers, who is gearing up to deliver the budget next week.

Wilcox:

Geroge Brandis, former Liberal senator and Abbott/Turnbull minister, wrote an opinion piece in Cathy Wilcox's paper: "It's not corruption, but the Albanese government is guilty of cronyism". (SMH). After quitting the senate he was appointed High Commissioner to the UK; he was also made a Senior Council and later Queen's Council despite not having practiced law for years.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Leave uni protests alone, says minister, as opposition warns Jewish students feel 'very unsafe' (ABC). South-western Sydney has a high Islamic population so this is an accusation that these politicians are representing their electorates.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

the_steve posted:

In Ishida's case, I think there's something more mercenary to his hate, similar to Garrison.
Like, yeah, they believe the poo poo they're peddling, but what they really want is for you to pay them to peddle that poo poo. For the right price, they would very probably "agree" with anything you told them to.

I actually think Ishida's antisemitism is quite disgustingly sincere. From what I've gathered, the devils in Sinfest have been quietly implied to be a Jewish conspiracy for decades, even before Ishida started swinging the webcomic to be more heavily political in the early 2010s - there were references to the Bilderbergs and using fractional reserve banking "to subjugate the masses" and things like that.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I for one would love to know how one doesn’t understand what a post office is. That seems like a pretty simple thing. I think even modern children know it’s kind of like a big building of very slow texts.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Xiahou Dun posted:

I for one would love to know how one doesn’t understand what a post office is. That seems like a pretty simple thing. I think even modern children know it’s kind of like a big building of very slow texts.

Oh good God you have no idea

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I actually think Ishida's antisemitism is quite disgustingly sincere. From what I've gathered, the devils in Sinfest have been quietly implied to be a Jewish conspiracy for decades, even before Ishida started swinging the webcomic to be more heavily political in the early 2010s - there were references to the Bilderbergs and using fractional reserve banking "to subjugate the masses" and things like that.

Like I said, they all obviously believe in their hate.
But I also believe that in the case of Ishida/Garrison, if you gave them enough money, they'd draw something else and stick to racist blog posts when they wanted to get their bigotry on.

Branco could win the Powerball and he'd still be putting out comics.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Bill Bramhall

Christopher Weyant

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

Dick Wright

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Koterba

John Darkow

Matt Davies

Matt Wuerker

Mike Smith

NEMØ

That's our NEMØ! [sitcom laugh track plays fitfully, fading out into static]

Rivers

Walt Handelsman

Honestly, this sounds kind of rad.

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Kellies nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

idonotlikepeas posted:

:ironicat:

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Discendo Vox posted:

Kellies nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Not really much else to say here. I mean, the text itself is fine, but considering there is absolutely no context in this strip, all we get is a kindergarten cartoon drawing, which doesn't say anything unless you know what kind of person Dry Bones is.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

the_steve posted:

Like I said, they all obviously believe in their hate.
But I also believe that in the case of Ishida/Garrison, if you gave them enough money, they'd draw something else and stick to racist blog posts when they wanted to get their bigotry on.

Again, Ishida had a web comic that was popular enough to be reprinted, on paper, in Norway. That probably made him some money, I don't know how much but probably more than he does now.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Nazis hated Jews and Hamas hates Jews therefore support of these things is drat near identical, no I don't see why which side is the one doing the genociding is relevant

Good Lord these people are having a loving field day with this. Attacking colleges, young dirty liberals, dirty young Muslims, supporting capital and militarism, supporting Jews completely disingenuously while getting to go "oh finally we have an excuse to call them the Nazis". I can see why they like it so much. It's got something for the whole family!

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Is this why leftists offer to debate your side at every possible opportunity and said side very rarely takes them up on it? Because they're just so profoundly dumb it's a waste of time, right? That has to be it.
Sam Seder once managed to call into Stephen Crowder's show and the immediate response was "what a loving nightmare!"

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 12:09 on May 7, 2024

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Also, I really don't like how Ishida is trying to co-opt the suffering of the people in Palestine for the sake of white supremacy. Like he's directly using their deaths as a way to say "Sure this brown people being murdered and having their homes destroyed is bad, but you know who the REAL victims are? White people."
Oh he still hates and fears Palestinians, he drew them coming to America as refugees as a bad thing because their very presence corrupts this country, it's just that their presence isn't their fault it's all a Jewish plot to pollute our nation with the untermenschen.

And he still occasionally draws Arabs as terrorists.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

The Islamic Shock posted:

Sam Seder once managed to call into Stephen Crowder's show and the immediate response was "what a loving nightmare!"

The Seder thing is loving hilarious, too, cus Rhymes With Chowder had been ducking Sam for months after promising to debate him, so Sam pre-taped an episode of his show while pretending to be live, played it around the time of an episode of Louder, and had a friend who was having a guest apperance or whatever on Crowder conference him in.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Even among all this garbage Fishman continues to hold a special place. Its pure distilled boomer energy at best and calling whoever he doesn't like bloodthirsty animals at worst, with no relation to any current events whatsoever.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

This is maybe the worst metaphor you could choose. No one who agrees with you is going to bat for the art snobs. Hell, isn't it normally the working class, salt of the earth folks who use that phrase? It's also common sense and quite agreeable -- you don't have to know the intricate histories and nuances of art to understand that a piece speaks to you or looks good. And then you've got this random strange walking up to someone to give him some weird, contrived insult, solely because he used a common phrase to appreciate a picture. Who the gently caress are you, lady?

Also a terrible metaphor, if prey species could speak, de-escalation with their predators would probably be the top priority, since getting into an actual fight to the death is much less favorable??

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
not to support mallard but you can't deescalate a situation where one party is intrinsically dependent on violence against you.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah this is just the recurring mallard segment "minorities are actually predators and you can't coexist with them"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I wonder which minority Mallard thinks is an obligate carnivore that requires human flesh.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I wonder which minority Mallard thinks is an obligate carnivore that requires human flesh.

E) all of the above

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

idontpost69 posted:

not to support mallard but you can't deescalate a situation where one party is intrinsically dependent on violence against you.

You sure can. "Hey did you see that limping muttaburrasaurus by the pond? Poor sod, I think her days are numbered."

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah with every other wild carnivore, humans aren't anywhere near the top of the list of preferred prey, so the only time e.g. a lion will tend to eat a person if if it is sick, the person is kneeling in a way that makes them look like prey, and there's nothing else around, so it's good to have as few of those be the case as possible.

In Mallard's world all dinosaur species are just different types of humans, so there's no moral equivalent to "hey that lion looks a bit weird lets drive the other side of those springbok" other than I guess having a conservative dinosaur say "let's feed the poor to them" which I don't think he's touched on in his liberal herbivores vs. minority predators skits.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s plan after last week’s elections results – The PM has made a renewed appeal for Conservative party unity, emphasising the shared values that unify Tories"

Telegraph:

Macron accused of rolling out red carpet for ‘dictator’ Xi who is ‘backing Putin’s war’

Times:

Israel strikes Rafah after rejecting Hamas ceasefire offer

Evening Standard:

David Squires:
"David Squires on … Ipswich Town and what awaits them in the Premier League - Our cartoonist on the Tractor Boys embarking on another great adventure in the top flight after consecutive promotions"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Whoops, he forget to put "Liberals: the early years" on his cartoon

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

[/b]

These "one of these things" cartoons loving suck

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

idontpost69 posted:

that's not a support at all because the "side" he believes is "intrinsically violent" is "minorities". those peaceful herbivores represent the police. just standing in a field waiting to be devoured by a black :(

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Going to control F "Soros" in his archives and watch as my computer melts generating results.

I though Wuerker was more milquetoast lib and am kind of shocked that he goes this hard.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Chump Farts posted:

Going to control F "Soros" in his archives and watch as my computer melts generating results.

don't forget "globalists"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

ACCC = Australia Competition & Consumer Commission. Qantas and ACCC reach $120 million settlement on airline selling cancelled flights (ABC).

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Spooner:

The treasurer Jim Chalmers.