Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

maybe it's because so many people are texting back "gently caress OFF" and then getting mad that it doesn't unsub them that they have to clarify it's automated and needs to read the word STOP

nah that is passive aggressive poo poo designed to elicit:

Programmer Humor posted:

you would never tell your pal bernie to stop would you?

unprofessional and lovely optics imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

What a loving joke

https://twitter.com/PulitzerPrizes/status/1787561713291645419?t=0JdMStgE9uCxYlT3DNUbyA&s=19

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
https://x.com/spectatorindex/status/1787565128298504418

Folks, we may have done some light genocide enabling

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

now watch this dine

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i'm just trying to think of any explanation other than that cuz it's pathetic frankly lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ostiosis posted:

does anyone have a link to the video of Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force hiding from Hillary Clinton?

yes because i love it very much:

https://x.com/bigbrobrah/status/1269436673751990273

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Nichael posted:

they 100% do not have to say "legally required" and it's awkward as hell to say that. I've never even seen that before, normal people just say "stop to stop"

coconut tree vibes, yassss

I always see it as Stop 2 Stop, which I always assumed was to make it a little more nebulous so people don’t know what it means. Or maybe it’s an SMS character count thing.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

israel is now invading rafah and has completely rejected the deal

thanks again genocide joe

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

First I'm hearing of this...

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

did they have to go remote or did they manage to wipe the blood off the floors fast enough to let the ghouls get their mandatory prizes without being discomfited

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

israel is now invading rafah and has completely rejected the deal

thanks again genocide joe

now this is a real achievement Joe can campaign on

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

CubanMissile posted:

I always see it as Stop 2 Stop, which I always assumed was to make it a little more nebulous so people don’t know what it means. Or maybe it’s an SMS character count thing.

It's an SMS character count thing. It charges more "per segment" of text, not per individual text. Each segment is some length of characters I'm blanking on (probably varies from system to system too). That said, long texts can be weirdly expensive, while short texts are relatively cheap.

Texts for at least voter identification are functionally useless. Texts for fundraising and specific asks (like "attend this event") are better on returns.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Nichael posted:

It's an SMS character count thing. It charges more "per segment" of text, not per individual text. Each segment is some length of characters I'm blanking on (probably varies from system to system too). That said, long texts can be weirdly expensive, while short texts are relatively cheap.

Texts for at least voter identification are functionally useless. Texts for fundraising and specific asks (like "attend this event") are better on returns.

That’s weird to me though since these texts are always eight paragraphs long about STOPPING MAGA

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/bidetmarxman/status/1787551045499113983

Watch Genocide Joe invade the Hague as his last presidential act.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/BriannaWu/status/1787480887363264712

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Since protestors are showing up every time kamala speaks at a HBCU or women's group (the 2 demos she's been given to raise support) she's gonna spend this week doing photo ops of leaving restaurants with soul food & leaving salons after getting her nails done instead.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

Since protestors are showing up every time kamala speaks at a HBCU or women's group (the 2 demos she's been given to raise support) she's gonna spend this week doing photo ops of leaving restaurants with soul food & leaving salons after getting her nails done instead.

oh good lord it is this

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

atelier morgan posted:

did they have to go remote or did they manage to wipe the blood off the floors fast enough to let the ghouls get their mandatory prizes without being discomfited

They're setting a great example by barring entry to their own student journalists!

And I mean that unironically, Columbia is showing them that in the future they will lose access if they don't toe the line with their reporting.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Rick posted:

If there’s one thing us on the left are good at, it’s running loving purity tests. 🙄

Democrats have been calling on Israel to chill the gently caress out for months, and the Biden administration has been applying diplomatic pressure. Republicans and Trump? They’re openly calling for Israel to glass Gaza from orbit - in addition to being regular civil rights abusers here at home.

Purity tests are how we got Trump. It’s how we lost Roe. Knock it the gently caress off already and grow up.

imo it's very cool that the liberal obsession with insisting material conditions aren't real extends to "paying for billions of dollars of weapons"

it's fine that they have an enormous amount of Killing Machines that we paid for, because we're applying Diplomatic Pressure. It's fine that you can't pay rent as long as people of the same race and gender identity as you appear in mass media and very occasionally in congress

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

...she's right

DAMMIT, she's right! *throws hat on the floor and stomps on it*

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

CubanMissile posted:

That’s weird to me though since these texts are always eight paragraphs long about STOPPING MAGA

It means:

1) They're amateur writers (what a shock that Ducklo and ACA Hot Chocolate Pajama Boy can't write!)

2) They've got money to burn and do not care (the Democrat Party!)

3) The returns on fundraising make this somehow appropriate.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Every sentence in this tweet is just incredible

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

her "then lefty" org donated the federal max to the 2020 primary lol

I don't think Brianna has politics, I think she is dumb as hell and has blundered into nazi poo poo which is the american way.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Willa Rogers posted:

IIRC, the last time she answered a question on Gaza she called for a ceasefire rather than a "humanitarian pause" or whatever euphemism was popular at the time for pausing the bombing to reload the bombers.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Nichael posted:

It means:

1) They're amateur writers (what a shock that Ducklo and ACA Hot Chocolate Pajama Boy can't write!)

2) They've got money to burn and do not care (the Democrat Party!)

3) The returns on fundraising make this somehow appropriate.

Yes but then they’re trying to save money by saying 2 instead of “to” all of a sudden at the end? It’s gotta be to try and make it just a little more confusing.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Nichael posted:

I don't think Brianna has politics, I think she is dumb as hell and has blundered into nazi poo poo which is the american way.

the classic apolitical kramering into nazism

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
hmmm grits

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

imo it's very cool that the liberal obsession with insisting material conditions aren't real extends to "paying for billions of dollars of weapons"

it's fine that they have an enormous amount of Killing Machines that we paid for, because we're applying Diplomatic Pressure. It's fine that you can't pay rent as long as people of the same race and gender identity as you appear in mass media and very occasionally in congress

also they very much do not achieve "race and gender identity" in media, much less politics so lol

CubanMissile posted:

Yes but then they’re trying to save money by saying 2 instead of “to” all of a sudden at the end? It’s gotta be to try and make it just a little more confusing.

I can't explain the brain of the Ducklo for I am dumb not not that dumb.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Whole thing to save people a click because woo boy

quote:

I think it’s clear from my public comments that my heart stands with Israel. I am strongly Zionist, something very dangerous to say in my line of work.

So, I hope you will hear me when I say this as someone who loves Israel. Someone has to stop the cycle of violence. It’s clearly not going to be Hamas, who are living in their cushy Qatar penthouse with laundered aid money. These monsters love sacrificing their own people to kill Jews.

There’s no guarantee that working through the international community will succeed. I understand being distrustful, and I understand antisemitism creating trauma I can barely comprehend.

But it’s also true that more violence and more war will lead to more violence and more war.

If we want peace, someone is going to have back away from the abyss. Both sides are just strong enough to never lose and just weak enough to never win.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Whole thing to save people a click because woo boy

gonna kms now bye

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Nichael posted:

It's just a primary, Nichael. How much could it cost?

But yeah she belongs to a class of people who sincerely believe in the ideology of whoever's writing the check and it's subject to change on a daily basis.

They do particularly love going along with this liberal ideology where if something is obviously the right thing to do, it must be wrong, whereas being deeply conflicted about doing awful "but necessary" things proves that you are in fact the smartest and most moral person alive

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

by far the most disgusting thing about that clip is she's getting shrimp and grits in detroit

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

she didnt know what a pogrom was until like two months ago lol

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

ELTON JOHN posted:

She probably thinks it's something she watches on TV.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/bidetmarxman/status/1787551045499113983

Watch Genocide Joe invade the Hague as his last presidential act.

"Sieg Heil" to the President Biden
Bombs away is your punishment
Pulverize the Eiffel towers
Who criticize your government

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Nichael posted:

also they very much do not achieve "race and gender identity" in media, much less politics so lol

personally I can't wait for the next first openly gay disney character

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ELTON JOHN posted:

she literally started her "okay fucksticks time for a history lesson about Israel" post with bible stories

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
perhaps Brianna wu is not serious

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

personally I can't wait for the next first openly gay disney character

the blob from the other two, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel