Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Lot of companies forgetting people need money to buy what they sell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

kazil posted:

Why chickens though? Surely tomatoes would be vastly more profitable

The best part of this plan is you blackmail people into buying your tomatoes or within five years you bury everyone on earth alive with them.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Rubber Chicken posted:

I'm sure Tesla robots walking around in dirt and dust and rain and mud on a farm will last long enough to pay for themselves in eggs and tomatos

My robot broke after three minutes in the sun with out sun-mode on.

Love. The. Robot.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Keep loving that chicken farming robot

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Optimus will pay for itself organizing your collection of commemorative plates and porcelain thimbles!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Slotducks posted:

Tech bros are literally so loving dumb oh my god

that logic is the same logic as the tomato techbro.

"derrr buy a pack of 12 seeds for 1$ and then sell 1 tomato for a 1$, you have 11$ profit and you buy even more seeds and grow and sell even more. derrrr im am the first human in the history of the universe to think about this. beep boop what is linear costs of land, water, and other support chemicals and time??"

efb: beaten on the tomato bro.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

My robot turned my chicken into buffalo wings while they are delicious these did end up being very expensive wings as this was an egg laying chicken and it discarded the rest of the chicken. 4/5

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

kazil posted:

This is how tomato bukkake gets to America, a lolloped misunderstood heffalump of a thing, a sad 90 degree downward quarter of a thing in a dingy warehouse on to a concrete floor. No celebration or joyousness of a thing, just half-hearted squirty dinge. Like Thomas Jane in Mutant Chronicles.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

much dick. many sucke. shibe :elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon:

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I use my Tesla brand Optimus robot to stomp grapes and shoe horses

These people just want Westworld so they can do "simulated" rape and murder and slavery all day

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

IDEAL? IN MEMES!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Going off the rest of this account's content on bsky, it's parody. It has to be.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

gschmidl posted:

Going off the rest of this account's content on bsky, it's parody. It has to be.

Or, and bear with me on this, they are mentally ill dumb bastards.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Monica Bellucci posted:

Or, and bear with me on this, they are mentally ill dumb bastards.

I refuse to believe this isn't parody.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Waffle House posted:

...what were these supposed to cost again? Like are they actually price-competitive with automation that performs the exact same task, or is this just optimism that humanoid robots with less industrially-efficient motion capabilities are going to replace all labor?

In all seriousness, the secret to Tesla's success is they never bother with any sort of considerations like that. They just throw out some wacky demo and let everyone else fill in the gaps with imagionationland bullshit. Other companies would actually try to make a meaningful case for how this product would actually work or save anyone money. Tesla shows a video of a robot clearly being controlled by a guy in a helmet next to it to do something a person could do at 1/10th speed while another person helps them and the morons just fill in the gaps of "I will have a robot slave that does everything perfectly and never complains"

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

Lot of companies forgetting people need money to buy what they sell

Wait sa second you mean the US government doesn't just give everyone billions of free tax dollars to run their business?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Of each transaction to sell the 3.9 million tomatos took on average let’s say 10 mins to account for transport of the good and store upkeep and the actual transaction with the customer that would take …. 74 years to sell the tomatoes

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

euphronius posted:

Of each transaction to sell the 3.9 million tomatos took on average let’s say 10 mins to account for transport of the good and store upkeep and the actual transaction with the customer that would take …. 74 years to sell the tomatoes

No people just order them online and then they get shipped easy.... I have to package the toma.... oh my god.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Simply buy an Optimus for $20k and rent them out as a public school teacher for $50k. $30k profit that scales which each Optimus you buy and rent

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

That's uh...pretty abusive. Squeezing his own company to death on a second mortgage for every last cent towards a personal payout is ridiculous. He is 100% gutting it because it does not have enough money, in any combination of on-hand whatsoever, to cover his tantrum-rear end pay package. Sure is gonna float the stock price.

kazil posted:

Hang on, this is completely feasible! Why that farm (which someone would have generously donated to you, alongside all the supporting equipment and industry necessary to turn a profit) would only need to be 60 square miles !

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

pixaal posted:

No people just order them online and then they get shipped easy.... I have to package the toma.... oh my god.

Sell them as nfts so you don't have to actually ship them to the owners

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

steinrokkan posted:

nice fuckin' tomatoes

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

wait a minute why did we grow them if people will just pay for the concept of owning a tomato?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Optimus Subprime

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Holy poo poo. The gall of this fucker.

Not only that but it seems unlikely employees would have all that much stock equity, usually it’s a tiny sliver of the overall pie. He must be pretty desperate and the vote is gonna be closer than we thought (lol!)

All his suckups with large amounts of shares will probably ram it thru anyway.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

priznat posted:

Holy poo poo. The gall of this fucker.

Not only that but it seems unlikely employees would have all that much stock equity, usually it’s a tiny sliver of the overall pie. He must be pretty desperate and the vote is gonna be closer than we thought (lol!)

All his suckups with large amounts of shares will probably ram it thru anyway.

Idk Tesla's largest non-institutional investor is voting against it and he's a hardcore Tesla fanboy

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it will be interesting to see how the big mutual fund companies vote on elon's absurd pay package. i know some index funds say they allow individuals to proxy vote somehow, but i've never seen that option pop up for any of the vanguard or fidelity funds i hold that invest in thousands of companies. seems like an impossible thing to keep up with. i assume they just vote all shares in the fund as one bloc, and most passive funds would probably just vote for whatever the board recommends, which will definitely be in favor of paying elon $50B since elon and his friends/family are the board. maybe at some point fiduciary duty kicks in.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

therapy is for PUSSIE NPCs. REAL procreators just gently caress their problems out*

*the "problems" are extracted via electrostimulus while the subject is inundated via ketamine and propofol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Steadiman posted:

please tell me that "elon's comp" is a dance group that he signed up for the big talent show and not the 50 billion compensation he wants.

It’s a strap-on dildo.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDQd5r_L-_c&t=20s

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm pretty sure you can still shitpost and avoid your children while on a yacht

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Bad Purchase posted:

it will be interesting to see how the big mutual fund companies vote on elon's absurd pay package. i know some index funds say they allow individuals to proxy vote somehow, but i've never seen that option pop up for any of the vanguard or fidelity funds i hold that invest in thousands of companies. seems like an impossible thing to keep up with. i assume they just vote all shares in the fund as one bloc, and most passive funds would probably just vote for whatever the board recommends, which will definitely be in favor of paying elon $50B since elon and his friends/family are the board. maybe at some point fiduciary duty kicks in.
Yeah, unmanaged mutual funds pass the savings on to you by not hiring any fund managers who might research and vote for you or manage proxy voting. They'll often vote with board or plurality.

If you read the room it looks like most of them are trying to figure out to what extent they can vote on Tesla nonsense without violating fiduciary duties that expect hands off according to the fund specifications.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HitchBOT was a pile of trash with a cellphone taped to it, and Philadelphians were right to put it in its place.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Finding it hard to believe that the guy shitposting all day on his $44 billion poo poo site can't find the time to go do the same exact thing on a superyacht

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
ah yes """""""""""""""""work""""""""""""""""""""""" posting tiptapping a phone 23.9999999999 hours a day.

Musk should legit try living on a boat thats just barely inside international waters, think of all the drugs he could do while going "nerrr nerrr gov cant touch me."

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
ANDREW DITTMAN IS DEFINITELY NOT ELON

https://twitter.com/leahmcelrath/st...%5Es2_&ref_url=

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7365564388394257710

I know we want to see bris, but I just wanted to say "car mitzvah".

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Might be a bit too eloquent to be Elon? Not enough err umm and stutters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

It's a Musk fanboy that does a really good impression. They've been in a spaces at the same time talking to each other.