Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jason cutting a xenomorph and looking at his machete and arm dissolving in confusion

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 13:33 on May 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

How does he compare to late stage Cameron Mitchell?

Impossible comparison

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Oh man Jason X vs Aliens holy poo poo, he keeps getting acid blood-ed and the nanomachines just keep rebuilding him. Being back Croenenberg as the android.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I still want Chucky to ride Jason like Master-Blaster.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Oh man Jason X vs Aliens holy poo poo, he keeps getting acid blood-ed and the nanomachines just keep rebuilding him. Being back Croenenberg as the android.

as loathe as I am to want any kind of bad crossover "thing from the thing you like" movies in the modern media landscape I cannot pretend I wouldn't be tossing my popcorn and yelling at the top of my lungs if we got Jason X vs. Aliens inside the Event Horizon

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Xiahou Dun posted:

I still want Chucky to ride Jason like Master-Blaster.

in terrordrome chucky's ending is stealing jason's body and becoming an immortal killing machine

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

as loathe as I am to want any kind of bad crossover "thing from the thing you like" movies in the modern media landscape I cannot pretend I wouldn't be tossing my popcorn and yelling at the top of my lungs if we got Jason X vs. Aliens inside the Event Horizon

You keep the Event Horizon reveal till the final shot, pan out to reveal the name on the side of the ship. Cuz if we're hitting pure fanservice to the exception of everything else, we're doing it properly.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 6, 2024

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Ezra Miller is a piece of poo poo but it’s not an excuse to misgender them.

I didn't know and I don't exactly follow Ezra Miller or what they're up to outside of the occasional police report

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We politely interrupt this to introduce yet another week of Bracketology matchups.

Where We’re At:
2. (Weapon X’s The Zombie Brothers) Rob Zombie’s House of 1000 Corpses vs. 15. John Carl Buechler’s Cellar Dweller
7. (C3KS’ Chucky and His Pals) Tom Holland’s We All Scream for Ice Cream vs. 10. (Basebf’s Monsters, Monsters, and More Monsters) Nathan Juran’s The Deadly Mantis

You can vote in this round until 12 noon EST May 13th (or when I get to it)

Next Week!
1. Steve's Monster Blockbusters vs. 16. Team Australian Aberration
8. 100% Found Footage vs. 9. Terence Fisher

Thread / Spreadsheet / Letterboxd List

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

But he'd have to catch the teenage aliens having sex to want to kill them

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Medullah posted:

But he'd have to catch the teenage aliens having sex to want to kill them

Does a facehugger laying eggs in someone’s chest count as sex concerning Jason’s need to murder.

I think we gotta settle that before this can go anywhere.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s definitely rape.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
one of my favorite interactions in MKX is that when the alien does the chestburster fatalities and brutalities on him a tiny little chestburster with a hockey mask crawls out of jason

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the jason xenomorph...

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

One of my favorite things in cheap horror movies : a character sharpening a knife or axe with a whetstone where it’s very clear that no one involved knew how that worked. Bonus points if they don’t get a whetstone and it’s just a random rock.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Ever since I pointed out the "audibly sharp" trope too my wife she freaks out every time it happens (it happens in every movie).

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

fullroundaction posted:

Ever since I pointed out the "audibly sharp" trope too my wife she freaks out every time it happens (it happens in every movie).

I forget the movie but I was recently watching something where that sound effect was applied to somebody pulling a pair of scissors out of a drawer.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i hear the doom doors a lot

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

fullroundaction posted:

It happens constantly on cooking shows, often using the same sound effects from horror films.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
I figure since I'm already going to watch Humane and Infinity Pool this week I may as well go for the hat trick and get David in the mix too. If I were to watch one David Cronenberg feature which should it be? Can't be Shivers cuz I already watched that one somewhat recently.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Crumps Brother posted:

I figure since I'm already going to watch Humane and Infinity Pool this week I may as well go for the hat trick and get David in the mix too. If I were to watch one David Cronenberg feature which should it be? Can't be Shivers cuz I already watched that one somewhat recently.

Everyone will say The Fly, so I will say Crash.

The correct answer is The Fly though.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Crumps Brother posted:

A History of Violence?

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Crumps Brother posted:

The broooooooooooooood

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It should be The Fly but I haven't been able to stop thinking about Videodrome since I first watched it. It was uniquely tuned to my wavelength. Loved it.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Crumps Brother posted:

Have you seen his remake of The Fly already?

Fake edit: Beaten, so I will instead say go for The Dead Zone, my perennial second fave Cronenberg film. Barring that, I'd also go to bat for any of Videodrome, The Brood or Cosmopolis.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
I've seen The Fly, Videodrome, and eXistenZ. But not in a long time. So they'd be worth a rewatch if they're really up there. I'm looking at my meeting schedule and maybe I can squeeze in four movies this week? It sounds like The Fly is the way to go, but I'm going to keep soliciting ideas and see if I can land something extra.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Scanners is a classic, a messy film as most of Cronenberg's are, but wow do I love how it looks. And I'm also seconding Crash - a haunting and dark piece of work.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
My favorite 21st century Cronenberg is Cosmopolis no contest, it's also probably in my top three, has Paul Giamatti's greatest performance, but it is very novelistic and it can turn off a motherfucker too lame to dig it (they exist).

So id say eXistenZ or Crash or Videodrome to really get in that grody Cronenberg sweetspot.

EDIT: well I guess you've seen 2/3, so Crash or Cosmopolis imo

Naked Lunch does not exist and no one should admit watching it or reading it.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Naked Lunch does not exist and no one should admit watching it or reading it.

https://youtu.be/9sL102pyaLg?si=x6j1FQznoqbXwoeH

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Punkin Spunkin posted:

My favorite 21st century Cronenberg is Cosmopolis no contest,

This or Map To The Stars is my vote for best 21st century (daddy) Cronenberg.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Dead Ringers is the choice you plebs!!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I want cronenberg to take more acting roles. I even watched that Christopher Lambert Seven knock-off Resurrection to get some of that fix.

Nightbreed was probably his best role so far that I’ve seen.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I’m very disappointed that no one said Crimes of the Future.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

This or Map To The Stars is my vote for best 21st century (daddy) Cronenberg.
poo poo I keep forgetting I haven't seen Map to the Stars. Thanks, gotta correct that TODAY

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Cronenberg is easily my favorite part of Nightbreed.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ruddiger posted:

I want cronenberg to take more acting roles. I even watched that Christopher Lambert Seven knock-off Resurrection to get some of that fix.

Nightbreed was probably his best role so far that I’ve seen.

He's a regular on Star Trek Discovery but not sure I'd recommend that

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m going to try and watch a movie from that found footage guy that this thread likes who did the movie of the month.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I had no idea Map To The Stars was Cronenberg! That shoots it right to the top of my watchlist.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Cronenberg's got a fun role in the fourth season of Slasher.

It's a fun season that leans more and more into dark comedy as it goes along. Killer final episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm not sure what it was that was so off putting about Cosmopolis but I couldn't get through it