Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

grabbed some birria tortas and air fried some fries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I made my dinner from the Aldi stop yesterday. I gotta go there more.

Turned out pretty good!

I was going to make the whole salmon (0.85lbs) but thought better of it when I opened the package to get a better look at it so I cut it in half. I just slightly overcooked it since I haven't made salmon in a long time. I actually like the skin on stuff now. Not because I eat the skin but it helps me know how well I'm cooking it. It was really crispy. I got frozen brussels sprouts for $1.39 and was going to steam them in the bag but then ended up roasting them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Since they were frozen they are a bit mushy but still taste ok. The mushrooms are really good. They are "everything bagel" stuffed mushrooms.

That plate of food probably cost about $6-7. And I have half of everything left for tomorrow now too!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I actually like the skin on stuff now. Not because I eat the skin but it helps me know how well I'm cooking it. It was really crispy.
:stare:

You're wasting the best bit.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I know, it's just kinda gross to me. And they didn't get all of the scales.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Had Steak Au Poivre. I cooked it like poo poo but onions and black pepper can cover over all my little failures to still taste ok.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I made my dinner from the Aldi stop yesterday. I gotta go there more.

Turned out pretty good!

I was going to make the whole salmon (0.85lbs) but thought better of it when I opened the package to get a better look at it so I cut it in half. I just slightly overcooked it since I haven't made salmon in a long time. I actually like the skin on stuff now. Not because I eat the skin but it helps me know how well I'm cooking it. It was really crispy. I got frozen brussels sprouts for $1.39 and was going to steam them in the bag but then ended up roasting them with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Since they were frozen they are a bit mushy but still taste ok. The mushrooms are really good. They are "everything bagel" stuffed mushrooms.

That plate of food probably cost about $6-7. And I have half of everything left for tomorrow now too!

Looking good man. I haven’t done anything fancy lately cause kids birthday party is this weekend so pinching pennies for it, every rsvp is a stab in the heart haha

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i drank a pitcher of piña coladas and ate half of a sous vide cooked 5 lb pork loin with my bare hands

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i drank a pitcher of piña coladas and ate half of a sous vide cooked 5 lb pork loin with my bare hands

Filmed in 4k and narrated by sir david attenborough for the next Planet Earth documentary

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
Tonight I made a thai chili and mirin based veg gravy that I tossed with a whole onion, some mushrooms, zucchini, and fresh a jalapeno. Bit of garlic too.

Then I put that on top of some cheesy (mac-n-cheese powder spice blend) mashed potatoes. Wouldn't change a thing, would add something fried or meaty(umami) if I had them.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Popovers and chowder

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Pork tenderloin, mixed veggies, and potatoes with cottage cheese.

I only slightly overcooked the pork but it was pre-marinated so with those you get a little leeway. I have sour cream I'm trying to use up so I tried to make some sort of sauce for it by throwing a bunch of poo poo in it including a lot of dijon mustard. That was before I realized the tenderloin was brown sugar and not mesquite or something along those lines. The sauce isn't very good and naturally I have a bowl full of it because I tried to make like 1/2 cup but had to keep adding more and more poo poo until it wasn't terrible.

Oh well, everything is pretty good! Well, the mixed veggies aren't very good. I don't like those (it's mostly the peas) but I probably got them because they were really cheap. I just put some Japanese BBQ sauce on it.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 3, 2024

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Ensure because I took too much ozempic last week and it’s all I can keep down. Never doing that again.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i seared up some slices of the remaining pork loin and ate them over some TAMAGO KAKE GOHAN

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I had some rice with chilli oil, and avocado dip. Nice contrast. Would recommend.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Ensure because I took too much ozempic last week and it’s all I can keep down. Never doing that again.

So is everyone on ozempic barely functional due to not being able to eat?

When I was on an irresponsible dose of adderall I never ate and my only energy came from the amphetamines. When I'd do something physical like hiking I'd crash very quickly because regardless if your mind can keep going, your body can't if it doesn't have fuel.

I lost a ton of weight that I didn't need to lose. I did look good though! However, I think it was a big factor in my divorce. :saddowns:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

So is everyone on ozempic barely functional due to not being able to eat?

When I was on an irresponsible dose of adderall I never ate and my only energy came from the amphetamines. When I'd do something physical like hiking I'd crash very quickly because regardless if your mind can keep going, your body can't if it doesn't have fuel.

I lost a ton of weight that I didn't need to lose. I did look good though! However, I think it was a big factor in my divorce. :saddowns:

you can (and should) titrate ozempic to match your hunger signaling to your desired TDEE. being in a caloric deficit does limit energy expenditure though of course, no matter how you're achieving that, as your brain switches to trying to conserve it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well I guess fat stores are energy, of course, but toward the end I didn't have much fat left so that's probably why I had no energy. 5'11" and around 150-something-lbs.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I thought you were supposed to take 1 shot of ozempic a week?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

TontoCorazon posted:

I thought you were supposed to take 1 shot of ozempic a week?

Yeah I’m on a 2mg dose, and I thought there were two doses left in my 1mg pen, but there was only one, so in order to get the 2mg I needed I had to use my 2mg pen, resulting in me receiving 3mg in total.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

birria tacos w avocado, red onion, queso fresco, cilantro. splashed them with lime juice and red sauce from the local joint at the table. refried beans with queso fresco.

none of it is homemade but drat, dean & peeler birria is good & chi-chi's refried beans are about on par with most restaurants I've been to lately

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

good avocados rn too. was spoiled for choice.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Tonight the lady made plantain nachos with saute jackfruit, a spicy tangy avocado crema, pickled onions, refried beans, and Spanish rice. She's Mexican so if you call it Mexican rice she looks at you funny.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Having a go at making us Croque Madame for sunday lunch.

I love how ordering croques sounds fancy just because it's french. You're asking the waiter for a Mister or Missus Crunch.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

ReelBigLizard posted:

Having a go at making us Croque Madame for sunday lunch.

I love how ordering croques sounds fancy just because it's french. You're asking the waiter for a Mister or Missus Crunch.

Please post pic because anything with runny yolk always looks good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had a frozen Home Run Inn pizza for the first time last night. I don't get the SA forums hype about it. It was ok but not really anything special. :shrug:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

I had a frozen Home Run Inn pizza for the first time last night. I don't get the SA forums hype about it. It was ok but not really anything special. :shrug:
I’m assuming you got anything other than the sausage then.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Remulak posted:

I’m assuming you got anything other than the sausage then.

Sausage supreme so just sausage with onions and peppers.

I mean it was better than the 3/$9 Orv's or Palermo's or whatever I get when it's on sale but I've had a whole lot of frozen pizzas in my day and this was just another one.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Remulak posted:

I love Home Run Inn sausage so goddamn munch, it’s such a bummer that the pies they make with vegetables are terrible. SOP (sausage onion pepper) is the classic tavern pie and they just can’t crack that nut for frozen.
Edit: Ironically after I made that post I picked up another Sausage supreme hoping they fixed it. Guess not!

Remulak fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 5, 2024

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Gyudon for dinner tonight. Topped with a raw egg, sesame seeds and sliced scallion. :toot:

Quadramind
Dec 8, 2011

A slice of coffee cake to start, followed by an avocado sprinkled with some chicken salt. A slice of pepperoni pizza for dessert.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Garlic chili shrimp spaghetti

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Jersey Mikes #6

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

Garlic chili shrimp spaghetti

drat, I would really have liked to see a picture of that.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I tried tofu for the first time tonight. I added it to my chickpea curry recipe.

I'm not sure what to think. I don't think I'll go out of my way to try it in future.

e: I also got my hands on some celeriac and was thinking of making some sort of mash with it. I went looking for recipes and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wveWAuu1b6I

...yeah, no.

Valko fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 6, 2024

Quadramind
Dec 8, 2011

Did you just chuck it in? In my experience, tofu benefits from some special prep. Like, pressing beforehand, marinating, maybe even cooking separately before adding.

There's a pretty broad spectrum to it, and the bottom end can be assuredly blah, but it's worth trying it a few different ways before writing it off.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I took it out of the box and looked for instructions. On the bottom it suggested pan frying and turning frequently for 10 minutes. I didn't fry it that long, while I was looking for recipes I found out it's safe to eat raw - so I just took the slices from the pan, cubed them and dropped them into the curry.

I really should have done more research. This is the finished result - I had it with some potatoes.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Valko posted:

I didn't fry it that long, while I was looking for recipes I found out it's safe to eat raw - so I just took the slices from the pan, cubed them and dropped them into the curry.

It's safe to eat many things raw but that doesn't mean it's the best or tastiest way to have them, and tofu is like No1 on the list of 'poo poo that wildly improves' with different preparation methods

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

It's safe to eat many things raw but that doesn't mean it's the best or tastiest way to have them, and tofu is like No1 on the list of 'poo poo that wildly improves' with different preparation methods

Oh absolutely 100% this.

Tofu is a sponge, not only for flavor but for texture. After you've mastered making the inside taste good, then you can start making the outside taste good too. The answer is probably frying it, though I've had great success adding it to soups in it's softer(silken) form.

Here's a great trick for changing the inside.
https://youtu.be/jCbjjwDXZ3c?si=CRsKP7tXaa2sFfnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I try cooking with tofu every once in a while. I'm not that good at it but I've had tofu prepared that I like before.

One thing that's necessary is pressing the water out. I usually use the "place on plate with paper towels and throw some books on top of it for an hour or so." They even make tofu presses. Kind of a pain in the rear end.

I've heard freezing it is a good way to change the texture. Better for crumbles and stuff.