Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

I feel like you can be honest on BYOB without having to point out that you're being honest, but just in case something has changed recently, I'm being honest.

e: SNIPE. I just discovered a band called The Beths and I like them a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
My thoughts on the EFN slander:

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Manifisto

hi folks! sorry I haven't been posting much recently. hope you all have been fantastic. yesterday I completed a long walk, a 32-ish mile loop around manhattan island. I've done this a few times before, it's always a bit of a slog towards the end lol, but there's a certain sense of achievement anyway . . .

ty nesamdoom!

Quadramind

cruft posted:

I feel like you can be honest on BYOB without having to point out that you're being honest, but just in case something has changed recently, I'm being honest.

e: SNIPE. I just discovered a band called The Beths and I like them a lot.

Hell, yeah
Beths are so good

Ass-penny

Beths are real good

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Pretty sure the kid killed his tablet spilling a drink. I feel bad for him, but I've told him so many times to stop putting it on the floor.

Anyways, wanted to swing around and say hi.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Finger Prince

Hello and chat, I was watching Seinfeld and now am watching the Simpsons in a hotel room. This is the first time I've been back to Toronto since I left over 2 years ago. Strong feelings flying in and seeing the familiar scenery but feeling so good now I'm here. Walked up to my hotel from the train station with a smile on my face. Nearly got driven over crossing the street and thought God I missed this place. Beautiful spring evening.

Finger Prince

This is the first time I've watched TV with commercials in forever. There's a bank ad where this zookeeper/animal educator type character is standing next to a blue and gold macaw, and in his little intro he refers to it as a parrot, like he's explaining to a small crowd of people about parrots. How do they get this poo poo wrong. This is the second largest bank in Canada.

Goons Are Gifts

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

My thoughts on the EFN slander:

This is amazing, and absolutely true!! Thank you for this, it's lovely

Manifisto posted:

hi folks! sorry I haven't been posting much recently. hope you all have been fantastic. yesterday I completed a long walk, a 32-ish mile loop around manhattan island. I've done this a few times before, it's always a bit of a slog towards the end lol, but there's a certain sense of achievement anyway . . .

Woah, that's a crazy trip, I'm so glad to see you posting again! I hope the walk was as amazing as the end was tough!

alnilam

Finger Prince posted:

This is the first time I've watched TV with commercials in forever. There's a bank ad where this zookeeper/animal educator type character is standing next to a blue and gold macaw, and in his little intro he refers to it as a parrot, like he's explaining to a small crowd of people about parrots. How do they get this poo poo wrong. This is the second largest bank in Canada.

I've gone on a couple work trips recently for the first time in years and it was my first time watching cable TV in like, 20 years? it was very strange, seems everything is a multi hour marathon now, every other channel is infomercials with titles in the little guide menu thing that sound straight out of clickbait fake headline stuff, like "Former marine gets big payout from camp lejeune settlement" or "16 signs of big kidney problems"

the good part is there's usually some movie channels with some agreeable movies

Escape From Noise

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Who's been telling you lies?

It varies but usually at least 2-3 people a day. Sometimes more.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Escape From Noise posted:

It varies but usually at least 2-3 people a day. Sometimes more.

They are wrong. :colbert:

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Goons Are Gifts

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

They are wrong. :colbert:

Very wrong. :colbert:

B33rChiller

alnilam posted:

I've gone on a couple work trips recently for the first time in years and it was my first time watching cable TV in like, 20 years? it was very strange, seems everything is a multi hour marathon now, every other channel is infomercials with titles in the little guide menu thing that sound straight out of clickbait fake headline stuff, like "Former marine gets big payout from camp lejeune settlement" or "16 signs of big kidney problems"

the good part is there's usually some movie channels with some agreeable movies
The real shocker in these situations tends to be when you flick to an American channel, and it's a steady stream of pharmaceutical ads.
Ask your doctor if our latest stuff is right for you (doesn't matter what ails you, just see if you can get a script. Buy MOAR DRUGS)

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

B33rChiller posted:

The real shocker in these situations tends to be when you flick to an American channel, and it's a steady stream of pharmaceutical ads.
Ask your doctor if our latest stuff is right for you (doesn't matter what ails you, just see if you can get a script. Buy MOAR DRUGS)

And they send sample packs to the doctors to get them to push a ten day trial of some anti-depressant on you whenever you say anything.

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
xcheopis

Living life on the edge: Insect Edition - Hey, let's go buzzing around the head of this brooding Little Owl; what could possibly go wrong?
SNAP

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

cruft

Little Owl needs to get out and take a walk or something, all this brooding isn't good for the ol' mental health.

xcheopis

cruft posted:

Little Owl needs to get out and take a walk or something, all this brooding isn't good for the ol' mental health.

They just get like that sometimes. Something about Spring brings it out, I guess.

xcheopis

This one's mate is indeed a Mighty Hunter - he's been bringing her voles to feed the kids!

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
i was going to write my master's thesis on Little Owl but then lockdown happened

xcheopis

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

i was going to write my master's thesis on Little Owl but then lockdown happened

Noooo!
Are there many in your area?

cruft

Little owls in your area, ready to eat mice!
Click for more info!

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

xcheopis posted:

Noooo!
Are there many in your area?

I think we've got two confirmed breeding couples in the entire country - not a whole lot!

xcheopis

cruft posted:

Little owls in your area, ready to eat mice!
Click for more info!

I'm clicking as fast as I can!

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I think we've got two confirmed breeding couples in the entire country - not a whole lot!

Far, far too few. This must be rectified asap.

Shine

No Muscles For The Majority

cruft posted:

Little owls in your area

Little owls made of ticky-tacky

xcheopis

Shine posted:

Little owls made of ticky-tacky

And they all look just the same

(to my exceptionally untrained eye)

xcheopis

lol Mom is off in the corner of the box, back to everything, having some "me time" away from her kids without being away from the kids. Such a good momma!
One thing I like about Little Owl parents is that the chicks aren't booted out as soon as they fledge - they get the equivalent of a Gap Year to adjust to being All Grown Up Now before being sent off to find their fortunes.
Oh, dang! Dad is such a great provider, bringing in yet another tiny ground mammal.
Why are these small creatures so drat cute when they look so grumpy?

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

cruft posted:

Little owls in your area, ready to eat, mice!
Click for more info!

One comma makes that a crazy ad.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

I don't want this to sound like a mutiny, but...

Cap'n won't tell use where the crunchberries go. We all see how much we take from pillaging, but where does it go? Surely the few meals we get isn't exhausting them. We aren't we getting more? Because Cap'n is keeping them all, while we prepare to steal another shipment.

I won't stand for this anymore! We know half of the hold is only accessible from Cap'n's room. Enough looking away, it's time to act. Tonight, my friends, we eat...*falls down* oops... ALL BERRIES!!

baka of lathspell

he's not wrong

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

lol, I forgot my dumb post from last night.
I showed VS a gif of something. I was playing minecraft with the kid and he made some bees and I made some parrots and he told me to stop. So, I build a repeater and hooked it to a dispenser full of parrot spawn eggs(shh, macaws are just a type of parrot)...
So this was a thing.
https://i.imgur.com/mafdrzA.mp4
just shiddin' out birbs all over his world. he lost his tiny mind when it started raining birbs on his world. He breaks stuff that I'm building and I use bullshit to troll him back. He got mad that I built a repeater that hit a command block to perma-spam a kill command on him. I legit could have just left and his world would be lost to him, but I just ran it long enough for him to yell at me and then I changed it to teleport him to me and I went flying around with him stuck with me. it was a really fun weekend.
I don't know if other parents enjoy this kinda stuff, but I sure do and the kid gets a laugh.

I listened to a thing and they posit the question. Would you rather sweat an odorless form of gasoline or be able to turn something into a cow for a day, everyday?
I'll point out my first thought, gently caress no I don't want to be highly flammable. What's everyone's thoughts?

xcheopis

Highly flammable and held captive by the government and kept in a constant state of stress such that I never stop sweating?
Sign me up!

cruft

nesamdoom posted:

I don't know if other parents enjoy this kinda stuff, but I sure do and the kid gets a laugh.

This sort of stuff has been one of my greatest parenting joys.

I distinctly recall at some point playing through LEGO Indiana Jones and being sort of bored with the level, I turned it into a PvP game by punching cruft jr off her horsie. She got mad and started chasing me around the level with a bazooka. Good times.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

xcheopis posted:

Highly flammable and held captive by the government and kept in a constant state of stress such that I never stop sweating?
Sign me up!

I didn't even consider that aspect, oof it'd be dangerous to let people know.

cruft posted:

This sort of stuff has been one of my greatest parenting joys.

I distinctly recall at some point playing through LEGO Indiana Jones and being sort of bored with the level, I turned it into a PvP game by punching cruft jr off her horsie. She got mad and started chasing me around the level with a bazooka. Good times.

That's hilarious. And relieving that I'm not out here just being Jerk Dad #1.

B33rChiller

I just watched a pair of doves harass a crow off the powerline in front of Mt place. Seems out 9f character to me. Maybe the crow was hassling their nest? It was on its own for some reason too. I sometimes see lone crows around the neighborhood, usually dropping acorns or mussels on the road. But most often, it's a big murder of them, turning over leaf piles, and cawing up a storm.

I know I'm starting out in the red with them, having Petey around, so I try to make it up to them with food, and saying hi, and doing obvious helpful things, like turning over big rocks and leaf piles while they watch from the power lines.

Battle mode in Mr. Driller drill land is a surprising hit with little chiller and I.
She really doesn't like fighting enemies and time based challenges. She gets frustrated easily. But, the first time she accidentally knocked me down, and went on to win the round, she was all giggles! The kind of girl that refuses to leave the home village in Kirby and the Forgotten land. She does enjoy
Mariokart and horizon chasers though. I don't mess with her, as it's tough enough to get her to play a videogame with me.
She plays minecraft with her mom. I get overwhelmed and anxious as all hell playing minecraft. Too open ended, and the complex possibilities get me panicky.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 8, 2024

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
cruft

B33rChiller posted:

I just watched a pair of doves harass a crow off the powerline in front of Mt place. Seems out 9f character to me. Maybe the crow was hassling their nest? It was on its own for some reason too. I sometimes see lone crows around the neighborhood, usually dropping acorns or mussels on the road. But most often, it's a big murder of them, turning over leaf piles, and cawing up a storm.

Rock doves, which are probably the only doves you're ever going to see, nest on flat spaces. Perhaps their nest was on a nearby ledge or something.

This morning I watched a crow chase a couple other crows away by repeatedly dive-bombing them. If I knew more about birds, I might be able to offer a better explanation for both of these incidents.

xcheopis

I watched a murder of crows try dive bombing a red-tail hawk, who just ignored them. Dang, those crows were upset about that.

Finger Prince

Crows are cool, but also will eat other bird's eggs and/or babies, which is a bit rude. So smaller birds don't like crows much, but all birds will chase hawks like they owe them money.

cruft

One time I cut down a tree that had split in half at the ground and was starting to cause problems with a nearby fence. A crow's nest came down with it and the egg smashed.

I've cut down a lot of trees in my day and each time it's scarred me, I guess for life. The smashed egg was the extra bit of trauma that made this one a mega-downer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

In more cheerful birb news, I'm hopeful that some finches are going to nest again in the lavender tree right outside the bedroom window. The last time this happened it was cute as hell watching the baby birbs.