Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did Boeing Kill A Guy
Yes
No
Unsure
Goku
View Results

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

kntfkr posted:

they used to play that video and float on by modest mouse during every commercial break back when i used to watch Degrassi the Next Generation on uhhhh Noggin?
Correct, though the teen block was called The N

where is the Degrassi rewatch thread?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Franz Ferdinand is good, Modest Mouse is bad. Or at least that Float On song is. Just absolutely terrible. I'm incapable of listening to it.
Also correct. Franz Ferdinand is firmly centered in 8th-11th grade for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

XavierAlexander posted:

a fun thing to do is carry a small vial of gallium in your pocket and put a small dab on any exposed aluminum you see on the plane as you leave. there is usually some chipped paint on the door as you exit. it's fun and they can't stop you.

what

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

teen witch posted:

Correct, though the teen block was called The N

where is the Degrassi rewatch thread?

Also correct. Franz Ferdinand is firmly centered in 8th-11th grade for me.

I was trying to remember and was like “the n? No thats too dumb.”

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

kntfkr posted:

I was trying to remember and was like “the n? No thats too dumb.”
I watched a lot of Daria, to the shock of no one. They aired Pete and Pete for a stint.

Noggin was a weird mix of Viacom and Sesame Workshop, I remember watching 321 Contact and a ton of Ghostwriter when it first came out.

To get back on topic this is the last thing Boeing whistleblowers see before they perish

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgXNwLoS-Hw

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Das Boo posted:

I always think about that guy that got assassinated with the ricin-filled bead via umbrella stab. And how the CIA was developing that heart attack ice pellet gun. Not to mention how that dude committed suicide from within a duffel bag that was locked from the outside in the bathtub of his apartment.

That is to say, I can totally believe loving ridiculous assassination techniques from a multi-billion dollar company with rock solid military support.

I refuse to believe that a plane company too stupid to make planes somehow knows where to hire the good assassins.

The actual nation of India is hiring dudes off the street to kill their dissidents, for example.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
They're not too stupid, just too cheap.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
The Boeing launch got scrubbed, allegedly because of the non-Boeing launcher.

Boeing's shittiness is spreading

The Bible
May 8, 2010

XavierAlexander posted:

a fun thing to do is carry a small vial of gallium in your pocket and put a small dab on any exposed aluminum you see on the plane as you leave. there is usually some chipped paint on the door as you exit. it's fun and they can't stop you.

Will it just stick?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The Bible posted:

Will it just stick?

No gallium corrodes aluminum so basically what the person is saying to do will down a plane

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
From what I can tell of Pennywise the frown via his posting he would Really like old modest mouse

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

teen witch posted:

I watched a lot of Daria, to the shock of no one. They aired Pete and Pete for a stint.

Noggin was a weird mix of Viacom and Sesame Workshop, I remember watching 321 Contact and a ton of Ghostwriter when it first came out.

To get back on topic this is the last thing Boeing whistleblowers see before they perish

Oh poo poo uhhh... Ghost writer? Wow memory.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Seth Pecksniff posted:

No gallium corrodes aluminum so basically what the person is saying to do will down a plane

It doesn't corrode, it alloys into AlGa, which is extremely brittle and can basiclly be flaked apart with your fingers because of the crystal structure. That's why gallium and mercury aren't generally allowed to be transported by air.

It has to soak into bare metal, though, and it takes seconds for Al to form a layer of Al2O3 so good luck sanding a plane door and getting gallium to stick to it (gallium doesn't stick to poo poo)

The Bible
May 8, 2010

^^^ Ah, thanks. ^^^

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah, I get that, but doesn't it require some time to do that? If you just slap it on the wall on the way out, will it stick to the wall or just drip down it?

I assume you'd need a fair amount of it as well. It wouldn't just spread infinitely; eventually the reaction would stop. You'd damage a section of the wall, but not the entire structure of the plane.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 7, 2024

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
You goddamn scabs :argh:

Stop doing Boeing's work for free!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Costco Meatballs posted:

From what I can tell of Pennywise the frown via his posting he would Really like old modest mouse

On his behalf I'm telling you no and to never say this again

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

The Bible posted:

I assume you'd need a fair amount of it as well. It wouldn't just spread infinitely; eventually the reaction would stop. You'd damage a section of the wall, but not the entire structure of the plane.

yeah, gallium and mercury create alloys at low temperatures because of their nature, but it has to soak and actually create a pathway for the amalgamation to happen, and it is very finite. Big deal with a hole popping in the structure of the plane if, say, mercury or gallium spills and finds a non-oxidized piece of aluminium on the belly like the alien blood dripping through metal in the alien movies.

Aluminium loves, loves, loves oxidizing, though, and aluminium oxide doesn't react like that.

edit: part of why they moved away from dental amalgams of mercury is because it "creeps," remains somewhat liquid and flows into new places through chewing and etc. then fills a new crack and expands

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 7, 2024

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
they gotta put this guy in witness protection right???

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-68979354

Parts supplied to Boeing had 'serious defects' - whistleblower posted:

Fuselages made by Boeing's largest supplier regularly left the factory with serious defects, according to a former quality inspector at the firm.

Santiago Paredes who worked for Spirit AeroSystems in Kansas, told the BBC he often found up to 200 defects on parts being readied for shipping to Boeing.

He was nicknamed "showstopper" for slowing down production when he tried to tackle his concerns, he claimed.

Spirit said it "strongly disagree[d]" with the allegations.

"We are vigorously defending against his claims," said a spokesperson for Spirit, which remains Boeing's largest supplier.

Mr Paredes made the allegations against Spirit in an exclusive interview with the BBC and the American network CBS, in which he described what he said he experienced while working at the firm between 2010 and 2022.

He was accustomed to finding "anywhere from 50 to 100, 200" defects on fuselages - the main body of the plane - that were due to be shipped to Boeing, he said.

"I was finding a lot of missing fasteners, a lot of bent parts, sometimes even missing parts."

Boeing declined to comment.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Booty Pageant posted:

yeah he's going to be the next guy to get the spirit airlines bioweapon

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I'm no lawyer here, but it seems odd to me that Boeing is well-known to produce deathtraps and yet still operate freely.

It just seems like someone would want to do something about that little problem.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

The Bible posted:

I'm no lawyer here, but it seems odd to me that Boeing is well-known to produce deathtraps and yet still operate freely.

It just seems like someone would want to do something about that little problem.

Oh, I guess you haven't been introduced to our good friend, regulatory capture? It's great, once you own the regulatory body that oversees you, you can do whatever the gently caress you want*.

*Terms and conditions apply.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

"We are vigorously defending against his claims," said a spokesperson for Spirit

“Vigorously defending” with firearms.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I can't believe this latest guy cut his own brakes, driving a car without plates, while completely unconscious.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 9, 2024

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Mordja posted:

I can't believe this latest guy cut his own brakes, driving a licenseless car, while completely unconscious.

And yet still manage three gunshot wounds to the back of his head. Talk about dedication.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Poor Santiago Paredes, found dead with a slit throat and two to the back of the head and. Authorities are ruling it a suicide, saying he was depressed because he never became a banker.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mordja posted:

I can't believe this latest guy cut his own brakes, driving a car without plates, while completely unconscious.

Amazing that he managed to drown himself in a dry bathtub with six bullet holes in his body and his hands tied behind his back

Must have been a freak accident

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Booty Pageant posted:

I think this was basically all known already? Like this is the reason Boeing did its own checks of everything Spirit sent them and actually had a bunch of Spirit employees on site permanently just to fix the issues with the parts Spirit was delivering before Boeing actually did anything with them.

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/tunguz/status/1788276345962746303

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

teen witch posted:

Hey smilin strange

Nov 6, 2002

Boeing lawyers might want to take out some life insurance.

https://twitter.com/cbs11jack/status/1790526869369975089

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol "we can confirm that we received a communication from a regulator" is not how you want to start a letter

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hope the entire Justice Department doesn't suddenly have an unfortunate accident, all at once.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The nebulous concept of “justice” department.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Just got this delivered by the algorithm

Jesse Welles - Whistle Boeing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfA2p6Em7bI

It's catchy.

When people are writing folk songs about your poo poo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Boeing lawyers might want to take out some life insurance.

https://twitter.com/cbs11jack/status/1790526869369975089

Just announce that there's a kill switch built into all Boeings and if the government tries to indict you, you are going to activate it. Nobody is going to disbelieve you

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtube.com/shorts/CnHh9l2j-Og?si=Ys4SidmMYPQUpgCJ

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

police report about the whistleblower came out today, including a photo of the alleged note:
https://www.live5news.com/2024/05/17/charleston-police-release-investigation-report-boeing-whistleblower-death/

big LOLs at putting "Trump 2024" in your suicide note

:tinfoil: assuming it's legit of course :tinfoil:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I hope Trump loses purely to spite him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm sure trump's gonna hold boeing's feet to the fire.

It's about as likely as biden doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

trup's justice department will have a thorough investigation that will conclusively prove he was vaxxed.