Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did Boeing Kill A Guy
Yes
No
Unsure
Goku
View Results

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-6..._team=editorial

The incoming cyberpunk dystopia is ratcheting up

quote:

A former Boeing employee known for raising concerns about the firm's production standards has been found dead in the US.

John Barnett had worked for Boeing for 32 years, until his retirement in 2017.

In the days before his death, he had been giving evidence in a whistleblower lawsuit against the company.

Boeing said it was saddened to hear of Mr Barnett's passing. The Charleston County coroner confirmed his death to the BBC on Monday.

It said the 62-year-old had died from a "self-inflicted" wound on 9 March and police were investigating.

Mr Barnett had worked for the US plane giant for 32 years, until his retirement in 2017 on health grounds.

From 2010, he worked as a quality manager at the North Charleston plant making the 787 Dreamliner, a state-of-the-art airliner used mainly on long-haul routes.

In 2019, Mr Barnett told the BBC that under-pressure workers had been deliberately fitting sub-standard parts to aircraft on the production line.

He also said he had uncovered serious problems with oxygen systems, which could mean one in four breathing masks would not work in an emergency.

He said soon after starting work in South Carolina he had become concerned that the push to get new aircraft built meant the assembly process was rushed and safety was compromised, something the company denied.

I ain't getting on a Boeing ever again, personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

probably part of the hundred year cover up of aliens.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The round fired from 10 feet away by a standard issue cia service weapon was used in the suicide. tragic but what are you gonna do?

If you live in the US I think you have to fly on Boeings unless you’re going overseas or something.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So you're saying Boeing is hiring? :thunk:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I have a friend who started working for Boeing directly out of Uni and immediately turned into the stereotypical yuppie weekend-warrior.

Our good friend got married and he was best man and he talked about commitment in his speech and announced that he knew a little bit about commitment because he had just signed a 30 year mortgage.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

they built that SC plant to bypass union workers here in Washington

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
That bullet wound was a natural cause actually. Probably an inherited defect that wasn't caught in time. Unfortunate but so common.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Right on the heels of the John Oliver special

Did anyone watch the Octopus Murders?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Probably a very troubled man because he kept making up lies about a very successful and American company. Guilty conscious and all that. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Guess someone was flying a little too close to the sun and got their wings clipped

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
no, they're saying "boo-ing, boo-ing"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lmao Boeing just can't escape the optics they created for themselves through acquisition culture

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Smugworth posted:

Probably a very troubled man because he kept making up lies about a very successful and American company. Guilty conscious and all that. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Smugworth, please. He had a family.

*flies plane, spells out JOHNNY in contrails*

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

quote:

He said soon after starting work in South Carolina he had become concerned that the push to get new aircraft built meant the assembly process was rushed and safety was compromised, something the company denied.

multiple planes crashing due to flight control software that forces nose down if inputs are conflicting, a de-icing system that causes engine fires, critical bolts missing from doors.

boeing does not compromise on safety, because it has none.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Boeing? Pretty sure you mean dying.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

AlmightyBob posted:

they built that SC plant to bypass union workers here in Washington

sure fuckin' did!

and i am guessing we're still just bending over backwards to support them lol

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

this is why I only fly on woden aeroplanes designed and built by howard hughes

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Solus posted:

Gotta say, I never had a choice on what kind of plane I was put on while traveling commercially.

I had the choice between a Cessna 152 and 172 in like 2007 for instruction and I did the 152 once or twice and noped out of that real quick.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Bring back blimps.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Solus posted:

good luck if you do air travel lol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BoldFace posted:

Bring back blimps.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

BoldFace posted:

Bring back blimps.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Guy shot himself in the head like 15 times??

Hmmm, I think this might be somewhat suspicious.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

MrQwerty posted:

good luck if you do air travel lol

The carrier is usually use is mostly Airbus

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

wesleywillis posted:

Guy shot himself in the head like 15 times??

Hmmm, I think this might be somewhat suspicious.

hey now Gary Webb shot himself in the head twice with a .38 revolver just fine

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
"Boeing blatantly murders whistle-blower" is probably more useful to Russia than Boeing themselves.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
What, did a plane fall on him??

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

the holy poopacy posted:

What, did a plane fall on him??

Guy actually got sodomized to death by a horse.

So you know, "natural causes".

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Why is everyone so outraged by Boeing???

Literally everything is working exactly how it should.

The market is correcting them. Just give it time!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

wesleywillis posted:

Guy actually got sodomized to death by a horse.

So you know, "natural causes".

Can't believe Mr Hands was Deepthroat.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Boeing is the sound the planes make when something fails.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Songbearer posted:

*flies plane, spells out JOHNNY in contrails*

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Can't believe Mr Hands was Deepthroat.

He sure wasn't deepass.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

wesleywillis posted:

He sure wasn't deepass.

:vince:

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Songbearer posted:

*flies plane, spells out JOHNNY in entrails*
FTFY

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I have been thinking this is a good time to get into the airplane industry. Or aviation... industry, poo poo it doesn't matter.

Lets just crowdfund a plane design.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

covidstomper58 posted:

I have been thinking this is a good time to get into the airplane industry. Or aviation... industry, poo poo it doesn't matter.

Lets just crowdfund a plane design.
I’ll design the logo

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Poohs Packin posted:

I have a friend who started working for Boeing directly out of Uni and immediately turned into the stereotypical yuppie weekend-warrior.

Our good friend got married and he was best man and he talked about commitment in his speech and announced that he knew a little bit about commitment because he had just signed a 30 year mortgage.

:barf:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

cat botherer posted:

I’ll design the logo

:goku:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Nimbus Airlines