Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Hopped in the posting Time Machine and I have returned with some good poo poo. Please ignore my many posts about how good the early Drake albums were lol.

Yeaaaghhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Nothing beats clean edit of We Cry Together

https://youtu.be/KMC-9wvY3jw?si=mmgz9yGHavrzS0fb

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lol, there's going to be a million of these.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Dexo posted:

I mean you just do the edit yourself. and then just reuse it forever. Any DJ worth a drat can do that lol. Or there are probably clean version floating around in DJ spaces lol.

vocals are almost always centered and club/stadium mixes are always mono bc too big to not have phasing issues so esp without fx on the vocals you can invert the stereo channel polarity to make the difference between L/R sum to 0, then reverse the channels and crossfade it into the original and sum to mono it's like 4 button presses in a daw
its how people make those acapella edits without stem files too, doing it in the other direction isolates just the vocals

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/sportingnews/status/1787686410524471311

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 7, 2024

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I have seen almost zero support for Drake, but if he lost half his fans he’d still be a huge star. So I’m hoping he dies.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
the nba playoffs just played they not like us for their music to commercial lmfaaao

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Radia posted:

the nba playoffs just played they not like us for their music to commercial lmfaaao

Just came here to post this, that was wild

It's during the 4th quarter of a blowout but still

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Radia posted:

also came here to post this

selec
Sep 6, 2003

FirstnameLastname posted:

vocals are almost always centered and club/stadium mixes are always mono bc too big to not have phasing issues so esp without fx on the vocals you can invert the stereo channel polarity to make the difference between L/R sum to 0, then reverse the channels and crossfade it into the original and sum to mono it's like 4 button presses in a daw
its how people make those acapella edits without stem files too, doing it in the other direction isolates just the vocals

AI stem separation is changing all of this up. You can get pretty decent results and pull out individual instrument lines, poo poo like that now.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://x.com/TR3MAlNE/status/1787608767997128850

this lady has been my favorite reactor to this whole thing she rules

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Thumbtacks posted:

https://x.com/TR3MAlNE/status/1787608767997128850

this lady has been my favorite reactor to this whole thing she rules

This lady is the owner and proprietor of the W Hotel in Hollywood

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://twitter.com/etrouse/status/1787488961599881263
Love to see it

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

well why not posted:

I have seen almost zero support for Drake, but if he lost half his fans he’d still be a huge star. So I’m hoping he dies.

drake is absolutely going to be fine, is still going to make insane amounts of money, and perform to sell out crowds

he's also going to have to deal with people seeing him in public yelling "certified loverboy certified pedophile", "probably a minorrrrrr" and "ov-hoe" like lil john dealt with people yelling out "what!?", "okay!" at him forever.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

true but WHAT OKAYYY is nothing compared to being called a pedo by strangers

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

pentyne posted:

drake is absolutely going to be fine, is still going to make insane amounts of money, and perform to sell out crowds

he's also going to have to deal with people seeing him in public yelling "certified loverboy certified pedophile", "probably a minorrrrrr" and "ov-hoe" like lil john dealt with people yelling out "what!?", "okay!" at him forever.

or people singing that they dont want him to say the n word anymore, which might eat at him more than the pedophile stuff

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
I know kendrick's job is pretty much done here but I wish drake put up more of a fight so we could get even more tracks :smith:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

leaptosleep posted:

I know kendrick's job is pretty much done here but I wish drake put up more of a fight so we could get even more tracks :smith:

i'm expecting a couple more. kendrick just has to let drake's cell phone sit for a bit

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Kendrick said "notice I said 'we', it's not just me, I'm what the culture feeling" and a week later Duolingo was making Drake diss videos

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

leaptosleep posted:

we're going to get a million #BBLDRIZZY drops

https://twitter.com/Dom_Deveraux/status/1787446369042444750

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

kendrick didnt drop tn this poo poo over theyre playing drakes a pedophile song at nba games how is he gonna add to this

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023

Radia posted:

i'm expecting a couple more. kendrick just has to let drake's cell phone sit for a bit
that makes sense. I'm so impatient lol

I just heard this one
https://twitter.com/madmcferrin/status/1787275633736999106
"you don't take care of none yo kids 'less they friend wanna stay for the night" :lmao:

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

40 lbs to freedom posted:

kendrick didnt drop tn this poo poo over theyre playing drakes a pedophile song at nba games how is he gonna add to this

Drake's track is so bad you have to give a few days to let it sink in just how bad it really is.

It's genius really. I'm sure he'll drop again

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

A lot could be said that Drake's mentality is nearly identical to social media's favorite narcissists of the past nine years. He's taking dismissing stuff as fake news to a new level by inventing his own fake news, and then going "hah I'm such a good liar that even people who know I'm a huge liar believed me for a moment". He's epitomizing that "everything that dislikes me is fake and bad, and everything that says I'm awesome is cool and good" mindset. People are just so tired of it.

The real core of Kendrick's tracks wasn't children and wives, it was that Drake is being a liar and a manipulator, and even if the terrible things weren't true because Drake's lying is fifth dimensional black belt artistry (and it's not since he forgot to take the picture of himself with the "stolen goods"), even if Drake's life was boring and squeaky clean, it's still proven what his character is. All he's doing is losing everyone not hellbent on taking the sports team / personality cult mentality for him.

Imagine censoring all those n-words on a song without a radio edit. Do you just overlay sound effects?

Stereogum article (https://www.stereogum.com/2262414/drake-kendrick-lamar-beef-the-feeling-is-back/columns/sounding-board/) made a good point that, even if the “I planted fake info about a daughter” story was true it backfired anyway because Kendrick is a good enough performer he can make it sound true and now you’re stuck trying to prove a negative. It (if it wasn’t just scrambling after the fact) would be a spectacular self own that shows he thinks it’s about the gimmicks, not the strength of the track.

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Obviously he's just a very different kind of celebrity at this point but I'm still a little surprised that Snoop Dogg had basically 0 reaction to another rapper appropriating his entire voice just to be offensive.

I’ve suspected Snoops keeping quiet about AI Tupac because as soon as he said anything he’d be reminded about hologram Tupac.

massive spider fucked around with this message at 08:34 on May 7, 2024

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Just had a sensible chuckle to myself about "BBL Drizzy" like 2 weeks later

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
kendrick's got drake pedophile songs playing in sports arenas and clubs and every corner of the internet is filled with soundcloud rappers and tiktokers playing instruments and writing diss tracks over a song about drake getting a huge rear end

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This might have been posted long ago because it was uploaded 11 days ago, but deserves recognition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPO-LgF5JxY

Edit: Oh god there's another
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWWP9c75dqc

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 7, 2024

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Kendrick is gonna do one more big drop this week some time to cross the finish line and then go back into hiding for a minute while everyone spends the summer dancing to Not Like Us and making BBL Drizzy memes and god willing we won’t hear from Drake again until at least 2025

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Start to finish of 2025 we are gonna get the most obnoxious Drake Father of the year rollout of Instagram picks and paparazzi catching Drake being a great father, in the wild.

Leading to an Album late 2025 to early 2026 that he's been working on about how he's a family man and grown no but still dangerous, don't mess with the kid(s Drake).

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is amazing and now I want to listen to this podcast

https://youtube.com/shorts/T9DY_sTdYr0?si=9tVt1mjk_Dzsbct2

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://x.com/nick_inyamouth/status/1787663000679161952?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

We need Big Freedia on this stat

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

He's gonna hear that in the middle of a Mannie Fresh DJ set at this rate.

Ultraklystron fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 7, 2024

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Not Like Us's instrumental sounds like it was made on a TI-83, I hate that loving beat god drat

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Toxic Mental posted:

Not Like Us's instrumental sounds like it was made on a TI-83, I hate that loving beat god drat

What

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://x.com/yumimain/status/1787662596616679574?s=46&t=5FKl-ixbCXbE4AGzaUeI-g

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Toxic Mental posted:

studio mujahideen posted:

gbs thread is that way

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

im ngl, the amount of cringe posted in this thread from new posters in the last week has me wanting to claw my eyes out lol

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
I just realized that Kendrick doesn't even need to put out another diss track responding to The Heart Part 6. The track was seriously "I'm not a pedo, I'm loving not, gently caress you I'm seriously not you guys I'm really not a pedo", and I don't really see how that necessitates a response...

Toxic Mental posted:

The...graphing calculator?? :confused:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

im ngl, the amount of cringe posted in this thread from new posters in the last week has me wanting to claw my eyes out lol

loving do it. you won't :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

pentyne posted:

If The Story of Adidon didn’t kill Drake then this won’t, but frankly I don’t want to return to the status quo in a few months I wish this would chase Drake out of fame forever