Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Tai posted:

That sucks. Lots of kids in Russia are going to grow up with a lot hate in their heart and have no idea why.

Its worse than that; lots of kids in russia aren't going to grow up...

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Tai posted:

That sucks. Lots of kids in Russia are going to grow up with a lot hate in their heart and have no idea why.

No change there then I suppose.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hell, fuckin same

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1787567482175213938

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Tai posted:

Lmao imagine being a tankie and you have transphobia, homophobia and religion in 5 minutes yet you still keep defending a fascist imperialistic government.

Quick, somebody make a t-shirt with a baby elephant and a crossed out Simonyan with something like uhh...Better Gray Than Red? I dunno, we'll workshop it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What, gently caress. I had hoped that whenever kerch was hosed, russia would have to gently caress off back home. But they are not loving off back home. Why are they not loving off back home.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Karate Bastard posted:

What, gently caress. I had hoped that whenever kerch was hosed, russia would have to gently caress off back home. But they are not loving off back home. Why are they not loving off back home.

Despite the stupidity, gross inefficiency, and assorted dumb poo poo, they still have the will and capacity to innovate and respond at some level of effectiveness to keep fighting. This is still a clownshow but its not the total wreck of the 'three days to kiev' thing at the start.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

There is a better armed, better trained bridge emplaced behind Kerch which prevents its surrender.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Woo with 10 days for my special forces training, I can advance my career without using up all my accrued leave!!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

Remember when America, after invading Iraq, brought out their kids in military garb on stage and had their kids hold their dead fathers' pictures in honor of their parent's sacrifice?

Later George Bush would start painting portraits of people he lied to and got killed for bad reasons. He then gives these paintings to the family and they smile in photos with him, seeming grateful to the dude who murdered their kid. Even the worst serial killers never tainted families of victims, let alone obligate such positive attention from the family.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Nice that we gave the Russians enough time to construct and/or conquer alternative rail lines.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

beer_war posted:

Nice that we gave the Russians enough time to construct and/or conquer alternative rail lines.

Pretty sure those two overland rail lines are well within Stormshadow and ATACMS range. Yeah, just two rail lines.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://x.com/OlgaNYC1211/status/1787586714355052696

lol loving clown

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
There are no girlfriends in Russia that's how they lure in new forced soldiers

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Khanstant posted:

There are no girlfriends in Russia that's how they lure in new forced soldiers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iJELB9YozU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Me, as I cross the border to Eatfaceleopardia: Ha ha cool. gonna gently caress me a leopard
Me, as leopards are eating my face: What the gently caress this sukcs,.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
always be on your guard when your russian honey pot promises some wild play involving handcuffs

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
One moment you're sending flirty texts, the next she's in your house sending your pets to the shelter, screaming with a sledgehammer breaking walls down as her way of asking to move in and pay her rent.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Heyo, I am a little bit late, but this is a kind rule 5 reminder. No need to acknowledge this post, just please keep it in mind.

Thank you all! :tipshat:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

they are gonna offer him freedom if he fights for Russia and teaches them American spetsnaz secrets

he will ask for a pack of crayons

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

The fact Russia hasn't given up and gone home at this point really concerns me.
Putin is forcing his way to 'victory' by virtue of throwing infinite blood and treasure at the problem. What happens to Russian society if they stop? What happens if they win? What happens if they lose? It's progressively becoming more extremist, more nationalistic, and more geared for solely war economics.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

As stupid people tend to double down, I can only assume he'll keep pushing into even stupider wars.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

SRQ posted:

Putin is forcing his way to 'victory' by virtue of throwing infinite blood and treasure at the problem. What happens to Russian society if they stop? What happens if they win? What happens if they lose? It's progressively becoming more extremist, more nationalistic, and more geared for solely war economics.

All Russia has is "The Journey" because the "Destination" appears to be clawing at their neighbours as they slowly fall into the pit... i wonder which countries they will drag down with them in the process. :ughh:

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Putin has got full on "durrr, yes boss" Karate and Biker henchmen now. Here they are pictured in the Kremlin playset:

Russia-Ukraine war live: Vladimir Putin sworn in for fifth term as Russian president https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...f080b5e6ba94648

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

SRQ posted:

Like with all totalitarian governments that uses wars with their neighbors to prop their system up and suppress dissidence. If they claw out a victory, then they will start a new one until they face an opponent to which they lose and their entire system collapses like what happened to Fascist-ran Italy, or is forcibly dismantled like what was done to Nazi Germany.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 10:50 on May 7, 2024

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The fuhrer will stop once he feels he has shown us he's serious, obviously

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Rome only ever fought defensive wars, and conquered half the known world doing so

It's not their fault that the continued existence of other people was a direct and targeted assault on them

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

boofhead posted:

Rome only ever fought defensive wars, and conquered half the known world doing so

It's not their fault that the continued existence of other people was a direct and targeted assault on them

I seriously doubt that Russians will bring us sanitation, the medicine, education, irrigation, public order, roads, the fresh water system, or public health.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Disco Pope posted:

Putin has got full on "durrr, yes boss" Karate and Biker henchmen now. Here they are pictured in the Kremlin playset:

Russia-Ukraine war live: Vladimir Putin sworn in for fifth term as Russian president https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...f080b5e6ba94648

Seagal's hair looks like the most obvious toupee on a level of wigs worn in some medieval theater, it's embarrassing

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Der Kyhe posted:

I seriously doubt that Russians will bring us sanitation, the medicine, education, irrigation, public order, roads, the fresh water system, or public health.

I had some Russian lactic acid tablets that were illegal in Finland (dunno why?) and I was the only one in our group not to get the shits while travelling in China.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

yeah and Yuri G took me to space

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

yeah and Yuri G took me to space

And gave us this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-vV00PjOqs&t=47s

I hate Miljoonasade.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Do the Night Wolves ride Russian-made bikes or…?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Good question Olga. It’s not like American enlisted men to do stupid things for women.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Disco Pope posted:

Oh no, not the Night Wolves.

Seagal lol

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

This one too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxqu59oqCAI

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1787799550213689827
Normal country

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

SRQ posted:

Putin might be 'willing' to do that, but Russia doesn't have 'infinite' blood and treasure.

The real question is - does Russia have more blood than Ukraine and more treasure (than the West is willing to give) Ukraine?

Given the comparative size of the West versus Russia, and the fact Ukraine is fighting a defensive war (versus Russia's colonial/imperial venture), this is a question of political will as much as it is material.

Putin's main path to victory is convincing people Russia is a slow, grinding bulldozer, and that he is inhumane and crazy, willing to pay any price for victory. Sensible rational folks will then conclude that victory is impossible against such a foe - there is really no point fighting back, and no point helping Ukraine - why draw it out? Its better for the big galaxy brain types to 'TRY GIVING PEACE A CHANCE LMAO', by coercing Ukraine into accepting its inevitable fate.

But if Ukraine and the West don't accept that Russia's victory is inevitable, and Ukraine is willing to continue to fight to defend itself, and the West continues (well, increases) its support? Then Russia's path to victory is uncertain as it won't have an advantage in blood or treasure.

In any event, Putin is taking Russia down a revanchist, totalitarian path regardless of the outcome of the war. Its already started. If he wins in Ukraine, they will simply have to pivot to a new target. You don't go down that path of mobilising society like this, and then stop because you are satiated - you have to keep going or the whole thing implodes. Their propagandists are already manufacturing new grievances and promising blood and vengeance to their people. A future conflict would be guaranteed eventually, and would probably be a much wider one.

But if he doesn't win in Ukraine? Well, then, things are a lot less certain. They could go down the Dolchstosslegende route, or the Russian public might tire of the war. It would shake the regime up either way and would certainly weaken Russia materially. Seems the better option to me.

Tigey fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 7, 2024

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1787742845597626651
oof

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1787750984766066890
Looks like it's going to be the same pathetic parade as last year, aren't they even going to drag the wrecks of Western-supplied vehicles along?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Russia is making such progress, just two years ago everybody was asking where was the T-14, and now they are all the way up to a T-34