Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
https://twitter.com/RicFlairNatrBoy/status/1787221650468929592

Ric Flair came to my hometown, tried to do a bunch of blow in the bathroom after what I assume is his grandkid's graduation, but the kitchen manager was sitting in the stall. Ric asked him to poo poo faster, the manager told him to gently caress off, and this is where we ended up.

Also my sources are telling me that of that $1500 tab only $200 was for food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Fart Radio posted:

https://twitter.com/RicFlairNatrBoy/status/1787221650468929592

Ric Flair came to my hometown, tried to do a bunch of blow in the bathroom after what I assume is his grandkid's graduation, but the kitchen manager was sitting in the stall. Ric asked him to poo poo faster, the manager told him to gently caress off, and this is where we ended up.

Also my sources are telling me that of that $1500 tab only $200 was for food

Iol
I looked at the menu prices and unless he had like 40 people with him, $1500 seems like too much

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

super macho dude posted:

Iol
I looked at the menu prices and unless he had like 40 people with him, $1500 seems like too much

Yeah, did he buy a round of wood-fired pizzas for the house?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm smelling a franchise opportunity here. Ric Flair WOOOd Fired Pizzas

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

No thanks. Tried one and spent way too much time in the bathroom stall.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

if that stall wasn't closed Ric would be WOOOOing right in your face Gavok

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Joey McChrist posted:

if that stall wasn't closed Ric would be WOOOOing right in your face Gavok

A john woo? I'd rather have a bullet in the head.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

forkboy84 posted:

It sucks that actual fighting killed shootstyle, because it was so much more fun than the dull blob that MMA has turned into these days.
Didn't they have to change a bunch of rules in early UFC because it was even more laying on the ground and guarding than now

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tampa Bae posted:

Didn't they have to change a bunch of rules in early UFC because it was even more laying on the ground and guarding than now

they introduced judges because Ken Shamrock laid on Royce Gracie in guard for nearly 40 minutes until they just stopped the fight and called it a draw at UFC 5

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tampa Bae posted:

There have been a lot of rule changes over the years for various reasons, to make stuff less boring, to appease insane politicians or commissioners, etc, right now there's a lot of great MMA. Some of it is at risk of going out of business but there's lots of great fights if you want them and even if you are sick of Dana White and don't really want to watch UFC.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

"Is that parmesan on the crust?"

"...............yes?"

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Seeing the Ric Flair restaurant story on wrestling news site is the definition of slow news day

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alaois posted:

they introduced judges because Ken Shamrock laid on Royce Gracie in guard for nearly 40 minutes until they just stopped the fight and called it a draw at UFC 5

Oh my God if the boys do UFC 5 for SGH :gonk:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Oh my God if the boys do UFC 5 for SGH :gonk:

they talk about it on the SGH for UFC 3 so they're aware of it lol

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
It's going to leave to an even better rant than Johnny watching The Fiend's Hell in a Cell match

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

It sucks that actual fighting killed shootstyle, because it was so much more fun than the dull blob that MMA has turned into these days.

you should watch one friday fights

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
YouTube counts as social media right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5zrFF7HhY

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I liked the part when the guy promised to give 'em one of these.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Alaois posted:

Also standup rules and standardized gear requirements so Royce Gracie couldn't grab onto his Gi for leverage

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:psyduck:
That loving sucks, the money is so low
I don't give a poo poo about bubba but I'm for workers getting actually paid and not ripped off
https://x.com/airgold_/status/1787602697274761486?s=46

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 7, 2024

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Kind of money that makes you want to stand up for WWE.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
No wonder every WWE Legend has a podcast where they go poo poo on AEW, it's the only thing that pays anymore

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

I didn't know Eric Andre booked a wrestling show.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

"Talk to em, Jason" *offscreen screaming*

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6qVjCyAklEctTO7UNWHfNPKdXv0Nzcyok-Mqw0/?igsh=MTltNHMwdm5uZmYyaw==

Shocking how likeable Ospreay has been lately. Just seems so nice.

https://twitter.com/miyu_tjp/status/1787642456613253342

Mercedes posts about how she's training with Miyu in preparation for Double or Nothing, miyu is just happy to meet the Corgi.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Mercedes, like Snoop, has the ability to turn into a dog.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's cute that Mercedes has of all things the One Night Stand 2007 poster on her wall. I remember that one clearly mostly because it took me years to realize it wasn't just Bobby Lashley's face. And of course she picked a good person to train with. :hai:

Edit: Oh, is this Tyler Breeze's school? That's even funnier. What a specific choice.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

In happy news about a worker getting paid,RIHO :3:

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1787850346678591931?s=46

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OK, if all wrestlers are getting as paid as well well as Riho then I take back any thing I've said about being bummed about AEW poaching talent from promotions, because that's just absolute insanity & everyone should get that bag if they can, even if it means I can't watch them for a few years.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I'd like to know if she actually said that.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
yeah I think I'm gonna need a professional translation of the interview in question before I believe that TK (RIP) paid Riho 400k for eleven matches

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Tweet was deleted, 😞, got bamboozled. :negative:

Interview never existed. :negative:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

he's had a hard-won turn from the dumbest idiot alive to someone who took time and energy to improve his mental and emotional maturity. AEW really got the best version of him.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

he went from chav (derogatory) to chav (complimentary)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Miching Mallecho posted:

Tweet was deleted, 😞, got bamboozled. :negative:

Interview never existed. :negative:

For the record, here's what it quoted:

random reddit user posted:

Riho Saying She Made Over 60 Million Yen (~$400k) in AEW Last Year on TV Asashi

Has anyone seen Riho`s interview on TV Asashi`s Pinkiri? She was talking about Visa issues that prevent her from coming to America right now and she was also asked how the money is in AEW compared to Japan and she revealed that she is making way more money than in her last Stardom run, saying that she made over 60 Million yen in 2023 (~$400k) which is quite shocking given that she has only wrestled like 10 times. Good for her but it seriously makes you think how AEW can afford those salaries.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AEWOfficial/comments/1clgffm/riho_saying_she_made_over_60_million_yen_400k_in/

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I really hope the new narrative amongst Tony haters is that he is too generous and pays people too much money

That would be an extremely funny pretzel to watch folks contort themselves into

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1787858167658910047

:sad trombone:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

a billionaire paying people a good living wage is what they should be doing. I will never hate on Tony for that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I don't think this interview actually exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think this interview actually exists.
I just got too hopeful. :negative: