Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

thank you macklemore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

time for a classic

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rk8c0lr57J1z0lvw3.mp4

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

test

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Is this undertale

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

nice marmot.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

always loved this guy

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

no

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

pillsburysoldier posted:

Is this undertale

it's 2 Phút Hơn

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
is the test to ferret out furries

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

needs to be posted in the goon outdoors sub

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

The Voice of Labor posted:

needs to be posted in the goon outdoors sub

You can't be outdoors AND in a sub, they're mutually exclusive.

Also, you think "Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams"? You are an idiot, a moron. Behold, the truth:

Jet Fuel Isn't Even Real

https://x.com/rachelrogers81/status/1787404504284942645

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I'll bite, what makes the engines go if not fuel?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

nomad2020 posted:

Elephants, it's right there

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

nomad2020 posted:

Compressed Air. I guess the conspiracy is that the supposed fuel costs on planes are fake and they're just price gouging? Or maybe the "fuel tanks" are actually full of chemtrail juice that turns the frickin frogs gay?

The exact reason for the fakery doesn't really matter, that can be decided later. The important thing is that literally everything ever is a lie, so the true reality is exactly what you like/fear.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Also, you think "Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams"? You are an idiot, a moron. Behold, the truth:

Jet Fuel Isn't Even Real

https://x.com/rachelrogers81/status/1787404504284942645

Weight distribution, how does it work?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Weight distribution, how does it work?

well...?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

The Alchemist posted:

There are estimated 3 429 homeless on Finland. There are very little shelters and no government housing projects at all. The government pays your deposit and rent if you are poor, but you still gotta find a landlord that accepts you, which can be difficult if you have bad credit(which the landlords always check)

Sure, but that is using a very different definition. 492 spent the night outside. Not sure how many are in shelters but presumably not too many if as you said there just aren't many, Helsinki apparently has only one 50 bed shelter.

The Housing Finance and Development Centre of Finland posted:

Homeless people are defined as people who do not have a home (rented or owner-occupied) and who live:
1. outside, in stairways or temporary shelters,
2. in dormitories or hostels,
3. in welfare home-type housing units, rehabilitation units, hospitals or other institutions, and
4. temporarily with friends or relatives due to lack of housing

https://www.ara.fi/download/noname/%7B0D67A61D-7980-467C-8346-287DB5768DD2%7D/166447

I'll just post the American definition again for convenience

quote:

Experiencing Homelessness describes a person who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.

Presumably the Y Foundation, the organization which kicked off this discussion, doesn't refuse tenants based on bad credit scores. I don't see the private/public model as the best but it's a form of housing project. Plus a cursory search reveals about 1 in 7 dwellings in Helsinki are government housing projects.

"https://www.housing2030.org/project/public-land-ownership-and-leasing-in-helsinki-finland/ posted:

Helsinki owns 70 per cent of its land area and is therefore able to play a major role in providing and promoting affordable housing. It has accumulated a portfolio of 60,000 housing units, of which 48,500 are subsidized by the government for rental housing.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Poland: hold my vodka

you posted this one already

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i watched the entire rfk video and he seems good. nuff said

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Weka posted:

Sure, but that is using a very different definition. 492 spent the night outside. Not sure how many are in shelters but presumably not too many if as you said there just aren't many, Helsinki apparently has only one 50 bed shelter.

https://www.ara.fi/download/noname/%7B0D67A61D-7980-467C-8346-287DB5768DD2%7D/166447

I'll just post the American definition again for convenience

Presumably the Y Foundation, the organization which kicked off this discussion, doesn't refuse tenants based on bad credit scores. I don't see the private/public model as the best but it's a form of housing project. Plus a cursory search reveals about 1 in 7 dwellings in Helsinki are government housing projects.

Wow ok, this is actually the first time I hear that Y-foundation that owns M2-Kodit is nonprofit! I guess I should throw an application there, see if I can get a home :kiddo:
This was a very fruitful offtopic at least for me, thank you!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I want whatever drugs she's on

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Crazypoops posted:

I want whatever drugs she's on

She's on shrimp and grits.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

rip northern shandong province

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

There's a whole meme about bears in woods right now, all you need is a sub twink to be both.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

whats going on with the offset borders

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Carthag Tuek posted:

whats going on with the offset borders

is it this

https://medium.com/@anastasia.bizyayeva/every-map-of-china-is-wrong-bc2bce145db2

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

whoa

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

didn't the us/NATO used to do something similar with GPS in the 90s?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Test failed.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Saraiguma posted:

didn't the us/NATO used to do something similar with GPS in the 90s?

yes and the soviet union did it even before GPS was a thing

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1787672406443888795

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ArmedZombie posted:

yes and the soviet union did it even before GPS was a thing

actually, iirc danish and german maps were on different geodesic standards until the mid 50s as well, i think the marshall plan provided funds for converting it all with some big ol custom built vacuum tube computer

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Paladinus posted:

Test failed.

what was the test?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/tonyhawktruther/status/1787588618275430484

Adbot