Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The one that's further away is just loaded with a lower LOD model

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s funny that the Delorean was a huge flop and bankrupted the Delorean company. I wonder if there are lessons ?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

euphronius posted:

It’s funny that the Delorean was a huge flop and bankrupted the Delorean company. I wonder if there are lessons ?

don’t take unsolicited offers to traffic cocaine, even if you beat the charges the company may go under?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

holtemon posted:

Lol guess which one was made this year and which was made 40 years ago

this is an unfair comparison

you can fit cocaine in a deloreon

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

euphronius posted:

Yeah but the difference is John DeLorean was a megalomaniac with a massive drug problem and...huh

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

WhyteRyce posted:

just random parts flying off while driving

look at all those microns in there

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Two (2) screws visible

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

morningdrew posted:

look at all those microns in there

Don't worry, all the microns are subs.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
probably a fair few quid to be made scavenging blown/fallen off cybertruk parts :banjo:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon and Linda just posting tons of depressingly awful poo poo

Here's Doge to provide some laughs

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like how every once in awhile the dog account will throw in a post that’s meant to be a compliment but comes off as more of an insult than anything else

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

kazil posted:

Sounds like Reek needs to be put in his place again.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Doge Designer not getting the memo that goth Elon picture is memory holed.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

kazil posted:

i hate him

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

temple posted:

common sense skeptic dropped an intro salvo prior his q1 video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoAk9Oo_Ql0

this video is thirty goddamn minutes long

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

There's never any actual pictures of Elon being cool

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

shyduck posted:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

shyduck posted:

Then explain this

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

shyduck posted:

If he pulls that lowtax speedrun

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Was reading this Verge article, and one particular line popped out at me:

quote:

According to Bloomberg, Musk privately expressed a desire to lay off at least 20 percent of the company because its quarterly vehicle deliveries fell by that much.

Holy poo poo this man is so dumb, why does anyone take him seriously

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

kazil posted:

Then explain this

I still can't get over him talking like he's loving Sephiroth a few days after he told people his mom said he cant fight Zuckerberg.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Was reading this Verge article, and one particular line popped out at me:

Holy poo poo this man is so dumb, why does anyone take him seriously

When you're rich, they think you really know.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Where is that stupid wooden and metal American flag and why do foreign fascists keep posing with katana in front of it?

Is it at the studio of one of those chud podcasters?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kazil posted:

These ai generated images prove that Elon is cool and handsome irl

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

DicktheCat posted:

Where is that stupid wooden and metal American flag and why do foreign fascists keep posing with katana in front of it?

Joseph Rogan

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

steinrokkan posted:

To many people they do, information is dead :ignorance:

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

DicktheCat posted:

Joe Rogan’s studio I believe

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

steinrokkan posted:

I was wondering if they include descriptors like "full hair" until they get one flattering enough to get Elon's approval.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There, uh, is, well, err, there, there is a, umm, a large, a large umm graveyard, uh, uh, a graveyard that's, well the graveyard, it's ahm filled with my ehnemies. Err, umm, do you, do you umm want to, ummm so to speak, ahm, risk being, huargh, risk I add you to them?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
The professional knob polisher has entered the room.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Don't sign your posts

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

temple posted:

common sense skeptic dropped an intro salvo prior his q1 video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoAk9Oo_Ql0

Here is my attempt at a summary of the video:

Robyn Denholm, Chair of the Board at Tesla since 2018 (and since the SEC forced Elon Musk to step down), has released a video in which she implores shareholders to vote for both Musk’s $56 billion compensation package and for moving the company from Delaware to Texas.

The Common Sense Skeptic argues that Denholm is misrepresenting why the compensation package was voided by a Delaware court: it was to protect the interests of the shareholders after the board failed to negotiate better terms. The move from Delaware to Texas was specifically designed to assist Musk in avoiding the Delaware judgment regarding his compensation package.

Furthermore, the Common Sense Skeptic claims that Denholm is inflating the growth numbers during Musk’s tenure as CEO. According to this perspective, Tesla is not only lagging behind competitors in robotics, AI, and self-driving technology but is actually in decline—a point supported by the ongoing mass layoffs.

The Common Sense Skeptic provides examples showing that Musk’s public announcements are a non-stop series of vaporware and outright lies. Moreover, based on Musk’s tweet history, it can be argued that he no longer seems very interested in being the CEO of Tesla.

In conclusion, voting for the egregiously oversized compensation package is not in the best interest of the company; rather, it benefits Musk personally. Denholm’s video, according to this perspective, is misleading the shareholders in breach of her fiduciary duty to the company.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Genuine question: Did you use some AI tool to create this summary? I'd be curious which, if that's the case.

I ask because something about it feels... Off... I think it's the repeated use of "The Common Sense Skeptic" in full.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 7, 2024

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean using AI to summarize a video does seem like a pretty good use case, who has the time to watch a whole freaking video when it's just informational and could have been an email.

Remains to be seen whether it can replace "how-to" type videos where the visuals are the important thing, or whether the information it gives you is accurate at all and whether it can pick up on sarcasm etc lol

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

Aramis posted:

Genuine question: Did you use some AI tool to create this summary? I'd be curious which, if that's the case.

Something about it feels... Off... I think it's the repeated use of "The Common Sense Skeptic" in full.

I wrote some notes while watching the video and then ran them through Copilot. The repeated use of "The Common Sense Skeptic" is unchanged from my notes. I noticed that too but did not want to spent time on further rewrites.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s not a summary. It’s stylized and abbreviated transcription

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Less Is Definitely posted:

I wrote some notes while watching the video and then ran them through Copilot. The repeated use of "The Common Sense Skeptic" is unchanged from my notes. I noticed that too but did not want to spent time on further rewrites.

Thanks for the details!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

lol @ watching a thirty minute long video by some dude named The Common Sense Skeptic and then also taking notes on it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You took notes and then had a word processor program reformat your notes ?? Idgi. Just use your notes ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
the musk is coming from inside the thread