Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

mrfart posted:

This reminds me of an article yesterday.
The Belgian federation for pétanque will ban alcohol at competitions.
I mean, I thought that was the point of the whole game? Stand around in the sun and drink something with friends. The whole ball throwing thing seems secondary.

Boule-igans...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Boule-booze coucher avec moi, ce soir?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

teen witch posted:

lol

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

teen witch posted:

Buy me a drink first

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

Calling it petanque is like calling curling "shwooshclonk" or basketball "squeakieswish" and I love it
Onomatopizing has a long tradition.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

teen witch posted:

Lol

Soul Dentist posted:

Calling it petanque is like calling curling "shwooshclonk" or basketball "squeakieswish" and I love it

See also a croque monsieur.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

What stage of grief is thinking that you can speak things into reality and they come true?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Has sueing a company to force them to rehire you actually ever worked out well? Like even if you win, I can't imagine that being a good work environment.

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
Well if the lawsuit was anger then I guess we've now moved into bargaining. Unless we're just still sitting firmly in denial.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

bad_fmr posted:

I have studied Australian culture through the dash cam documentaries and as far as I can see they must all be doing drugs.

I'm pretty sure the real lesson is that Australia is full of dickheads

Reminds me that Alex Jones has repeatedly stated that the Sandy Hook families love him.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Disney doesn't particularly hold grudges. They cancelled Tim Allen's show for low ratings and he went on an extended rant against them being woke and cancelling him for his beliefs, but they still came back a couple years later and brought him in for a Santa series where they even let him cast his own kid.

Gina Carano is no Tim Allen

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Soul Dentist posted:

Pétanque is a serious business, peuchère. :colbert:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Samovar posted:

Lol

See also a croque monsieur.

Please, Mr. Crunchman is my father

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

What stage of grief is thinking that you can speak things into reality and they come true?

"Right-wing", I think.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Disney doesn't particularly hold grudges. They cancelled Tim Allen's show for low ratings and he went on an extended rant against them being woke and cancelling him for his beliefs, but they still came back a couple years later and brought him in for a Santa series where they even let him cast his own kid.

Gina Carano is no Tim Allen

What they should do is have her character appear in shadow and get killed in the opening moments of an episode of The Mandolorian, just to close the door on her ever returning.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What they should do is have her character appear in shadow and get killed in the opening moments of an episode of The Mandolorian, just to close the door on her ever returning.

Because no one who's died on-screen in a Star Wars film has ever returned to the series.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Tiggum posted:

Because no one who's died on-screen in a Star Wars film has ever returned to the series.

She could return as another Snoke Clone in the future!

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

Tiggum posted:

Somehow Palpatine's returned :discourse:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I still haven't seen an answer as to why this isn't a SAG arbitration instead of a lawsuit? I would think actors getting fired would be something covered in the union contracts.

Maybe it speaks volumes that SAG wasn't willing to fight for her.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
She didn't get fired, Disney just didn't renew her contract.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

caspergers posted:

Somehow Palpatine's returned :discourse:

He just fell down a shaft. Luke does the same thing and survives

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
fell down a shaft and exploded

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He exploded a bit yes, what's your point

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

haveblue posted:

You don't know that. He could've simply had a gas attack, as elderly people are wont to do.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The shaft was a hatch directly to his personal escape shuttle duhdoy

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

That could have been anything exploding.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

haveblue posted:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cable Guy posted:

Oh come on... you're not going to tell me that's not a muppet.

It does look like a sock puppet when it snaps at the vet at the end, too bad the video isn't a little longer.

As for Carano, could she have had that much interaction with Pascal? It's a different actor in the suit most of the time.

I guess they might meet at ADR sessions.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lol maybe she bonded with the suit actor and didn't even know it was a different guy

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

davidspackage posted:

As for Carano, could she have had that much interaction with Pascal? It's a different actor in the suit most of the time.

Enough that he personally took her aside and told her, "Look my sister is trans, I need you to cut this out. It's hateful and wrong." And she didn't listen to him.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://gizmodo.com/cybertruck-video-breaks-finger-safe-stick-elon-musk-1851460112

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

RIP fingot

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Here's the video
https://i.imgur.com/I0TrTtz.mp4

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

Soul Dentist posted:

He just fell down a shaft. Luke does the same thing and survives

Hey man I just wanna draw attention to best line of dialogue ever written, it isn't lazy or stupid at all. How it didnt win for best screenplay I'll never fathom

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Oh no

Is that thing going to be okay out in the rain like that without any protective coverings

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I love how the idea that people say kind things to her about her when their face to face because that's just how society works doesn't even occur to her. Or the fact that she's an unhinged person who also used to professionally fight people with her hands might color people's interactions with her when she can get at them.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I would rather meet a bear in the woods than Gina Carano.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Fishstick posted:

Oh no

Is that thing going to be okay out in the rain like that without any protective coverings

I love how people make such a huge deal about the cybertruck and water

just put it in rain mode it's not hard

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

captainOrbital posted:

I love how people make such a huge deal about the cybertruck and water

just put it in rain mode it's not hard

* Activating the rain mode voids warranty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rain mode just causes it to rain inside.