Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Are all your toilets really gender-specific? Even when they're not stalls?

It depends on the place, a fair number only have one bog full stop, so it by definition does for everyone. But I've seen a number of places that have two separate single occupancy rooms which are split into the two genders: men, and women/disabled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh I see, bibliophile was asking because after getting drubbed in the locals the Tories have decided their saving policy is mandating all new buildings to have sex segregated toilets.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

A challenge.
Extra points for headstand.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Oh I see, bibliophile was asking because after getting drubbed in the locals the Tories have decided their saving policy is mandating all new buildings to have sex segregated toilets.

Isn't that already policy? They did that last year I think? Or longer ago I dunno.

More big government wokery getting in the way of me designing Takeshi's Crapper.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Justine Greening had a decent enough column just today about how catering to the fascist cunts on the party right is what lost them the locals so bad https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/may/07/tories-reform-local-elections-rishi-sunak-culture-war

Points out how even combining the Tory and Reform votes isn't enough to win in many places, because all the moderate wankers have been put off by the culture war poo poo and are going to labour, so you're fighting over a smaller and smaller pool of cold molesters.

She then does a both sides bit about the far right and JIMBLO CRAMBLON supporters but I guess it wouldn't be a groaniad article without mentioning him.

Overall an article that calls Braverman et al bastards over and over again.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tesseraction posted:

so i hear due to this new woke red tape, no new buildings can be built. thanks a lot corbyn

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
No the end goal is that new buildings won't need to be built

Tesseraction posted:

the Tories have decided their saving policy is mandating all new buildings to have sex

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I still don't know what terfy women do in toilets that other women don't that requires this hysteria.
(Speaking as someone sexually assaulted in the women's bogs by another "biological" woman.)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ah it seems Swinney is head of the Scottish government officially now. Yousaf used his farewell speech to reiterate his pro-Palestine gently caress-Israel stance, which was good.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

RE sex segregated toilets, they always put the baby changing station in the ladies so dads end up going in there anyway because of this stupid poo poo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Going by some of the things I've read from terves, it's basically the ending of Carrie every time they go into the bathroom.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I still don't know what terfy women do in toilets that other women don't that requires this hysteria.
(Speaking as someone sexually assaulted in the women's bogs by another "biological" woman.)

Somehow deep inside, all humans have the desperate urge to notice, interact with and confront each other in public bathrooms

It's a daily struggle to all of us

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Starmer/Reeves 2025: "A cop in every bathroom!"

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Secret vagina stuff, I'm guessing. Some sort of uterine shibboleth.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Somehow deep inside, all humans have the desperate urge to notice, interact with and confront each other in public bathrooms

It's a daily struggle to all of us

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

Going by some of the things I've read from terves, it's basically the ending of Carrie every time they go into the bathroom.

So a biological woman crucifies her mother then burns her house down around her?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Don't credit terves* with more intelligence than they have. It's that boys are icky poo poo gross and they mistakenly think that trans women are boys, because if mummy says my foo foo is magic then the peanus must also be BAD magic (Julie Burchill, p. 94)

* I believe this was Prof. Tolkien's preferred pluralisation.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

So a biological woman crucifies her mother then burns her house down around her?
That's how half the people in the gender critical groups act has happened when their kids say or do anything they dislike.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

have cleaned enough pub toilets to believe it

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://leeds.greenparty.org.uk/2024/05/06/statement-from-mothin-ali/

quote:

Statement from Mothin Ali
‘I am sorry for any upset my comments caused about the Gaza conflict. That was not my intention. Like many across the world I have been deeply impacted by the dreadful conflict currently underway in Gaza. The International Court of Justice said this conflict meets the case for plausible genocide.

I do not support violence on either side: violence leads to more violence and this is what I have tried to convey. I have consistently called for an immediate ceasefire and a release of all hostages. I hope to be working with a broad coalition including both the Jewish and Muslim Greens soon to discuss sensible ways for us to work on communicating our shared passion of bringing the conflict to an end.

Being elected to represent the wonderful community of Gipton and Harehills was one of the proudest moments of my life. The inaccurate reporting and misrepresentation of my acceptance speech has led to me being subject to a lot of hate and hostility. I should also make clear that it is not unusual for somebody of my faith to use the words ‘Allahu Akbar’ as an expression of gratitude and celebration. Some have sought to misrepresent this and it suggests Islamophobia to me.

I am not a career politician but I have campaigned for Gipton and Harehills for many years and have been consistently urged to speak up for these communities and on the issue of Palestine, which I will continue to do.

My campaign united people from all backgrounds, races and religions in order to affect change for our local community.

I will continue to work in peace to represent all of our communities in the coming four years.’

6th May 2024 / 6th May 2024 by Stewart Christie

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

then the peanus must also be BAD

dadrips
Jan 8, 2010

everything you do is a balloon
College Slice

Tesseraction posted:

Ah it seems Swinney is head of the Scottish government officially now. Yousaf used his farewell speech to reiterate his pro-Palestine gently caress-Israel stance, which was good.
I've been entertaining myself today by thinking about how nobody, not even John Swinney, remembers when he was leader of the SNP 20 years ago

I was in primary school when he was elected first time around :corsair:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jedit posted:

Everyone's covered in blood and fluids and having the worst day of their lives.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Big triumph for journalism today as the Garrick Club now allows female members.

quote:

The club’s admissions process is notoriously complex and slow, requiring names to be written in a red leather-bound book, seconded by two pages of signatures, before prospective members are invited in to dine at the club, and their membership is discussed by committee members, with an opportunity for unpopular nominees to be blackballed.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What is it a club of? Just a hobnob club for nobs?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

Indeed.
And now no-knobs too.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
was gonna correct you but it does feel extremely unlikely they were letting trans men in

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

It's an odd one as . despite its "no women ever" policy it seems to attract a lot of hacks and media people. I remain convinced the reason the Grauniad has been banging on for weeks about some dusty old club where journalists go to get pissed and swap gossip is because the Editor's husband got blackballed

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Never mind, I got confused.

domhal fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 7, 2024

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
UK: nul point

Ed: wow what a crap forgettable nothing of a song

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 7, 2024

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Rust Martialis posted:

UK: nul point

Ed: wow what a crap forgettable nothing of a song

An artist who’s released a load of bangers and that’s the song they decide on for Eurovision. Bizarre

Not as bad as that Satanic Shitefest from Ireland, mind. What were they thinking ?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I remember back when an artist got called Satanic it meant that they probably had a name like Liquefied Bishops and some cool guitar noises and you could play it backwards and be commanded to pee your pants.

Now it seems to mean "they're a tween idol but they stood next to a triangle shape once so Q says that means they eat babies" so I have no idea anymore.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i mean i'm not gonna police anyone but in case some are unaware there's a eurovision boycott on for israel reasons

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

That's the general idea, yes

You say that but I bet he wriggled a lot. Needed a lot more nails imo

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut posted:

I remember back when an artist got called Satanic it meant that they probably had a name like Liquefied Bishops and some cool guitar noises and you could play it backwards and be commanded to pee your pants.

Now it seems to mean "they're a tween idol but they stood next to a triangle shape once so Q says that means they eat babies" so I have no idea anymore.

It was literally someone with devil horns standing in a circle of candles and a pentagram lol. With a tattooed horned devil man prancing around. It wasn’t subtle

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Satanic Shitefest would be a quite good name for a band.

Also someone already won eurovision with that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYwHhQiMGdE

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 7, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

It was literally someone with devil horns standing in a circle of candles and a pentagram lol. With a tattooed horned devil man prancing around. It wasn’t subtle
Well, at least it sounds like they're putting in the effort to look a bit Satanic.

Which means the usual lot will probably ignore that and focus on an act involving an apple or something.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

https://twitter.com/TristanMCarroll/status/1785957003778482570

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

It's disgraceful.