Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

rotinaj posted:

I really hope the new narrative amongst Tony haters is that he is too generous and pays people too much money

That would be an extremely funny pretzel to watch folks contort themselves into

"Dey're gonna go out of business because dey're spending too much money, Tony keeps giving the Young Bucks' friends jobs..." is already a narrative, "Everybody's getting paid too much" wouldn't be that much of a leap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

JethroMcB posted:

"Dey're gonna go out of business because dey're spending too much money, Tony keeps giving the Young Bucks' friends jobs..." is already a narrative, "Everybody's getting paid too much" wouldn't be that much of a leap.

That's been the narrative since they signed Mercedes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Everyone isn't getting paid too much; KENTA never got his bag.

Id say justice for KENTA, but honestly it's bag for KENTA

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I guess Ted Turner also wasn’t worried about making a profit from wrestling. The problem is when you’re losing money.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JethroMcB posted:

Oh no the people I enjoy watching are making good money

Whatever shall we dooooooooo

The fact that the wwe never tried even slightly to replace the amount of money wrestlers used to get from payperview buyrates being good is extremely cool, I love how wrestlers kept asking about that when the switch to PLEs happened with the Network and they blew them off and never actually replaced it

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

rotinaj posted:

I really hope the new narrative amongst Tony haters is that he is too generous and pays people too much money

That would be an extremely funny pretzel to watch folks contort themselves into

I also laughed when I saw the post was supposed to be putting AEW into a negative light because they were going broke by paying talent too much

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Every Darkside of the Ring episode includes at least one pro wrestler who is completely ruined financially and has no way of making money except to drive around the country signing autographs at conventions.

I am 100% fine with this being a thing of the past. Wrestlers have incredibly short careers, let them make enough money to retire in peace.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol they posted the Flair footage

https://x.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1787881474055684279

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

they should put that on dynamite

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Senerio posted:

Everyone isn't getting paid too much; KENTA never got his bag.

Id say justice for KENTA, but honestly it's bag for KENTA

We need a KENTA SLOM

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Mods change my name to Nicholas Dickhead

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Nicholas DICKHEAD on the PUSSY CLOCK

Let’s see if this is enough for ole Tony to fully cut ties and get me the Woo engagement out of there, as much as I enjoy watching wrestlers throw cans at each other. What a dork.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

sad

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

aew should throw woo energy in the trash can and replace it with a good energy drink partnership, like reign

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Wazzu posted:

Mercedes posts about how she's training with Miyu in preparation for Double or Nothing, miyu is just happy to meet the Corgi.

I mean, whom amongst us wouldn't be?
Corgi's rule

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

"I didn't do one thing wrong" with heavy Tim Robinson energy has me dying

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

he's an old school guy and refuses to go out any way besides on his back looking at the lights

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Nicholas DICKHEAD on the PUSSY CLOCK

Let’s see if this is enough for ole Tony to fully cut ties and get me the Woo engagement out of there, as much as I enjoy watching wrestlers throw cans at each other. What a dork.

I mean, the casual racism should be enough for this to happen

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Alaois posted:

aew should throw woo energy in the trash can and replace it with a good energy drink partnership, like reign

They should dress the bloodline up in energy drink can outfits and have them wandering throughout the arena and he can’t find them 😆 Roman Reigns’ Roamin reigns 😂

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

I mean, the casual racism should be enough for this to happen

Not that I don't want Flair to be thrown out of AEW. I think that auto translate where he called the dude Egyptian was wrong. I think he actually said dipshit, just in a heavy "drunk old bag" accent.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

lol they posted the Flair footage
How disgusting that a restaurant would stoop to this level. Just incredibly bad taste. I understand wanting to defend yourselves but the owners should learn the time and place to air this dirty laundry. Owners will never be successful if these are the stunts they have to pull to drum up business.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

ToiletofSadness posted:

How disgusting that a restaurant would stoop to this level. Just incredibly bad taste. I understand wanting to defend yourselves but the owners should learn the time and place to air this dirty laundry. Owners will never be successful if these are the stunts they have to pull to drum up business.

I hope you're joking. He made it public first.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

ToiletofSadness posted:

Hello Ric Flair

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

ToiletofSadness posted:

Lol

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

ToiletofSadness posted:

this is a very funny post and a good joke but now I'm giggling at your name. are you the same toilet the kitchen manager was stuck in

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

That was the reaction that some people had when Tony aired the Punk footage, settle down Beavises

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

this is a very funny post and a good joke but now I'm giggling at your name. are you the same toilet the kitchen manager was stuck in
thank you. i thought it was a rather obvious joke and was surprised no one else made it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Majinfoose posted:

That was the reaction that some people had when Tony aired the Punk footage, settle down Beavises

Too fuckin late I'm only posting mad now

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I didn't watch AEW until after that happened so it's fine that I didn't understand it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

At least he offered to tip. My experience around olds is they think $5 on a $50 bill is perfectly acceptable.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Nia Jax giving Asuka her flowers is cool, but it still loving sucks how normal it is to work injured.

https://twitter.com/LinaFanene/status/1787881738271588441

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
jr rules

https://x.com/jrsbbq/status/1787839033491468593?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

he's the man

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

He’s just like me fr fr

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dudes rock

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hey Peter man, check out JR's Twitter! It's the blue robe!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Nia Jax giving Asuka her flowers is cool, but it still loving sucks how normal it is to work injured.

https://twitter.com/LinaFanene/status/1787881738271588441

its really stupid. i'll never forget paul orndorff talking about working through his arm injury because he was on top with Hogan, then coming back after his semi-retirement with his right arm partially atrophied due to nerve damage. hosed up business

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

chono breaking his neck and not taking much time off....

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Atlantis_CMLL/status/1787662031174168760

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Lmao get hosed Ric