Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

wash bucket posted:

Apparently some of the recent Star Wars spin-offs got a little too nuanced in their depictions of the rebels vs the empire because one of my coworkers said their kids started coming to some awkward conclusions about whether America were "the good guys".

The captain america show, with the new guy. The falcon? That show just straight up had the heroes hunt down and kill refugees and anti fascists, and at the end the new captain america just goes "cant we all just get along???" after murdering the 100% justified in all her actions antagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Biplane posted:

The captain america show, with the new guy. The falcon? That show just straight up had the heroes hunt down and kill refugees and anti fascists, and at the end the new captain america just goes "cant we all just get along???" after murdering the 100% justified in all her actions antagonist.

Now hold on, they totally had that 2 minute scene where the antagonist killed some people randomly for no reason.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

God drat I think the new captain america, who is black, even has a crisis of faith over the horrific police brutality depicted in the show and referenced from real life events, and then immediately decorums up and learns no lessons apart from the ends (fascist rule) justifies the means (brutally murdering millions with a police state)

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Biplane posted:

God drat I think the new captain america, who is black, even has a crisis of faith over the horrific police brutality depicted in the show and referenced from real life events, and then immediately decorums up and learns no lessons apart from the ends (fascist rule) justifies the means (brutally murdering millions with a police state)

That tracks, Marvel often accepts direct funding from the US Department of Defense.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Organza Quiz posted:

Yeah the first couple of seasons of Korra are not nearly as good as ATLA but after that it does get good so I think it's worth pushing through.

Wow, just have to watch hours of mediocre crap to see something that pales in comparison to the original. I'm sold.

E: I'm sorry. That was harsh, I don't know how to delete this.

LookieLoo has a new favorite as of 18:08 on May 7, 2024

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I've said this before but if a piece of media isn't good immediately then don't bother

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://twitter.com/TangoGameworks/status/1787837929332601189

https://twitter.com/zoigoms/status/1787866484422906335

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I've said this before but if a piece of media isn't good immediately then don't bother

You'd have to write off AtLA then 'cause that first episode suuuuuucks.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Is there something more to this than face value? I had thought Hi-Fi Rush was pretty successful?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pththya-lyi posted:

You'd have to write off AtLA then 'cause that first episode suuuuuucks.

I will happily write off the children's cartoon based on this reason, among others

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

hallo spacedog posted:

Is there something more to this than face value? I had thought Hi-Fi Rush was pretty successful?

I think it pairs well with the second tweet that says "Microsoft is the 8 year champion of Slamming Your Dick in The Car Door"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Modal Auxiliary posted:

That tracks, Marvel often accepts direct funding from the US Department of Defense.

The DC heroes agonize over making sure they don't kill anyone, and that Falconer TV show opens with him just casually murdering like a dozen random "terrorists".

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

hallo spacedog posted:

lol doesn't matter. You could have an award-winner, a best-seller, or a legacy of talent, and if the execs think that canning everyone will get their numbers to go up for the quarter, you'll be out the door quicker than you can blink.

Edit: What's that, VP of Marketing?

Morpheus has a new favorite as of 18:45 on May 7, 2024

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/FCTwenteBenson/status/1787865709755748657

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hallo spacedog posted:

It won lots of awards but didn't sell especially well, and that's all that matters to Microsoft.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

gently caress Microsoft for sure

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Biplane posted:

Wait so they just made the satirical fascist portuguese superhero show "capitao falcao" (captain falcon) but for real unironic and literally called the falcon???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFbeDw-Wwmg

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Shortsighted profit-taking is sort of baked into the system.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

The IRA has an opportunity to do the funniest thing ever.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Wait so they just made the satirical fascist portuguese superhero show "capitao falcao" (captain falcon) but for real unironic and literally called the falcon???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFbeDw-Wwmg

Lmfao what the gently caress. Someone should really take a look at the people running Disney.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

He was just "The Falcon" and now he's "Captain America", "Captain Falcon" is the way he's distinguished here in the real world from the original Cap.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Does the IRA even exist anymore? I thought they disbanded after the Good Friday accords?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The IRA, the Provisional IRA, the Real IRA, or IRA Classic?

Turns out when you're a decentralized paramilitary organization involved with organized crime it's quite hard to get everyone to say "right lads job's a good un let's pack it in for now" at the same time.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Turns out when you're a decentralized paramilitary organization involved with organized crime it's quite hard to get everyone to say "right lads job's a good un let's pack it in for now" at the same time.

Real heads know Crystal IRA was best

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
IRA Gershwin

is probably someone's username

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

OwlFancier posted:

The one after the government has been paid off, Roth IRA.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Will the real IRA please stand up

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Milo and POTUS posted:

Will the real IRA please stand up

and blow one of the fingers on each hand up

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OwlFancier posted:

Ira Glass, and :agreed:, it’s time for NPR to sign off for good.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Didn't the IRA nail someone to a fence at the weekend? I mean personally i think thats pretty scary but then again im not a hardcore Boer so what do i know.

Tbh it might have been the other side, but my point that there are plenty of scary af people in Ireland still stands - and i have a sneaking suspicion musk dont know poo poo (about anything)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:hai:

https://twitter.com/LaughterHaver/status/1787810469085864102

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://x.com/mindofprospect/status/1787831349170131339

Edit: Sorry. It was a tweet of someone going "lol look at the laptop they gave me at work" with a picture of a new Lenovo ThinkPad.

wash bucket has a new favorite as of 00:16 on May 8, 2024

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
as a professional IT computer toucher fire that kid immediately.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

St_Ides posted:

The IRA has an opportunity to do the funniest thing ever.

Oh gently caress yes please

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
idgi

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

as a professional IT computer toucher fire that kid immediately.

I may be getting this wrong but I think what's going on is Lenovo IdeaPads (which are Chromebooks) are common in schools. So "Lenovo ***Pads" have a reputation as cheap disposable laptops for kids. Someone in the replies was even like, "They gave you a Chromebook for work???"

wash bucket has a new favorite as of 23:33 on May 7, 2024

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

I love the ThinkPad nipple, way better than a lot of touchpads, IMO.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

How Kafkaesque.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...
ANSI layout > ISO layout :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

wash bucket posted:

I may be getting this wrong but I think what's going on is Lenovo IdeaPads (which are Chromebooks) are common in schools. So "Lenovo ***Pads" have a reputation as cheap disposable laptops for kids. Someone in the replies was even like, "They gave you a Chromebook for work???"

oh. well that makes more sense. thanks for that perspective.