Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

snergle posted:

kind of not really. kahn and minh become white trash because their tired of poo poo like ted wassanasong calling them a banana so they just wanna chill out and have fun. kahn jr uses it to her advantage to help her get into some prestigious school thing.

then buck calls hank and tells him about kahn being in the sticks fights and trying to get info on if he should bet on him.

Funny how that illustrates the bullshit of the 'model minority', you can't win. If you try to be 'respectable' you're a poser, if you chill out and get along you're a traitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Minh rules

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Minh is everything I strive to be

An S tier hater, found her soulmate, and is a crack shot with an all original non-modified AK-47.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Punkinhead posted:

Minh is everything I strive to be

An S tier hater, found her soulmate, and is a crack shot with an all original non-modified AK-47.

kahn and minh are my favorite characters and have some of the most under rated lines.

after bobby kicks peggy in the groin and she says she doesnt have testicles one of them yell out shes bluffing kick her again.

kahn calls minh out to witness the "wedding" of bobby and luane to roast them together

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

One of my favorite interactions between Kahn and Minh is when they're trying to get into Nine Rivers and Kahn says something like:

"Maybe I'll divorce you and marry someone who's already a member!"

And Minh just goes "Oh Kahn" and hugs him. Sees right through his anger and knows he's just hurting and needs some love. They're a great couple.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSFjAQ4Pt_g&t=79s

Minh is a keeper, 100%

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

snergle posted:

kind of not really. kahn and minh become white trash because their tired of poo poo like ted wassanasong calling them a banana so they just wanna chill out and have fun. kahn jr uses it to her advantage to help her get into some prestigious school thing.

then buck calls hank and tells him about kahn being in the sticks fights and trying to get info on if he should bet on him.

That's mixing up two episodes. Kahn becomes a redneck because Connie was turned down for an academic program because her and her family were too much of cliche Asian overachievers so he decided to just go "gently caress it" and stop trying altogether.

Ted Wassanasong calling him a banana is what makes him try and reconnect to his Laotian roots by putting on a kuhlie hat and joining a performative anti-Communist resistance force

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
performative?? the plan was to air drop them like paratroopers into laos to die

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
They are gonna march from the Hair Salon to the boba tea shop, and they're going to look smart doing it!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Fur20 posted:

performative?? the plan was to air drop them like paratroopers into laos to die

I hope Kahn wasn’t the only guy to get cold feet about that mission.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

that screencap is really loving with my perspective

Lol I was staring at it before I read your post, I thought it was a joke with his head on a shelf or something.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I hope Kahn wasn’t the only guy to get cold feet about that mission.

Ted Wassanasong sent a significant proportion of Arlen's Laotian population to their deaths in an insane Bay of Pigs style invasion that happened off-camera

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

some of them would just get captured and conscripted into the Laotian army

naem
May 29, 2011

what ocean??

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Asterite34 posted:

That's mixing up two episodes. Kahn becomes a redneck because Connie was turned down for an academic program because her and her family were too much of cliche Asian overachievers so he decided to just go "gently caress it" and stop trying altogether.

Ted Wassanasong calling him a banana is what makes him try and reconnect to his Laotian roots by putting on a kuhlie hat and joining a performative anti-Communist resistance force

i wasnt mixing them up but i did forget that kahn jr was originally denied entrance to the program over being the over achieving asian stereotype. i thought i remembered the ted calling kahn a banana bleeding into a few other episodes

back to minh and kahn though. "what are you girls doing you dont freak the monkey you freak dr quaters!"

snergle fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 7, 2024

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Young Khan riding up on his scooter to pick up Minh, the daughter of a general, is some real hard poo poo.

And he squares up with that 2x4 in the redneck episode like he's done it before

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Punkinhead posted:

Young Khan riding up on his scooter to pick up Minh, the daughter of a general, is some real hard poo poo.

And he squares up with that 2x4 in the redneck episode like he's done it before

Against the general

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Doctor Syrup posted:

One of my favorite interactions between Kahn and Minh is when they're trying to get into Nine Rivers and Kahn says something like:

"Maybe I'll divorce you and marry someone who's already a member!"

And Minh just goes "Oh Kahn" and hugs him. Sees right through his anger and knows he's just hurting and needs some love. They're a great couple.

The cold open with Khan dancing to "Hey Mickey" unashamedly in the family room and Minh passes by giving a little clap to the beat was incredibly sweet to me. Just total comfort with one another.

Khan and Minh are serious relationship goals.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 8, 2024

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Kahn and Minh are goons, aren't they

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Star Man posted:

Kahn and Minh are goons, aren't they

Kahn is.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Hank Hill used to grill on charcoal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPyQ-arJjPk

Actually raises an interesting question. Doesn't Hank like BBQ? Does Sugarfoots use propane to BBQ? It is owned by Buck Strickland. That must be some lovely BBQ.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Wasn't there a fan theory that Kahn and Minh were swingers?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
with who? hank and peggy? who's getting the better deal there, huh? khan!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Fur20 posted:

LOL

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

https://youtu.be/XCTMNPiaO2I?si=p8g8kn53imfcj6ul

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

Wasn't there a fan theory that Kahn and Minh were swingers?

Didn't Minh once accidentally allude to a key party? Am I thinking of another show?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They’d probably floated the idea but chickened out. They are into hillbilly role play though.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

They’d probably floated the idea but chickened out. They are into hillbilly role play though.

Which also involves home invasion. They're definitely hardcore kinksters.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
https://youtube.com/shorts/3VtaM7kBcw0?feature=shared

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fur20 posted:

Lmao

naem
May 29, 2011

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Hank Hill used to grill on charcoal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPyQ-arJjPk

Actually raises an interesting question. Doesn't Hank like BBQ? Does Sugarfoots use propane to BBQ? It is owned by Buck Strickland. That must be some lovely BBQ.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

i could see kahn cooking up "hockey scores" but unironically

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
Oh no! You killed my Minh!

Haha, just kidding.
But you really do suck Peggy Hill.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Does Sugarfoots use propane to BBQ? It is owned by Buck Strickland. That must be some lovely BBQ.

Nah, Buck doesn't care about propane. To Hanks horror Buck has an electric stove in his kitchen.

Guarantee Buck bought Sugarfoots as-is same way he bought that car wash.

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Jewel Crawford was a good character. I wish they had brought him back.

"It tells you when you gotta leave, which is now. And where you gotta go, which is out."

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Peggy's new barbecue sauce will make it good

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

From Donna's MySpace page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Another Bill posted:

From Donna's MySpace page.

I like that WE ALL know she didnt get with Hank so this is how we know Donna is maybe Bi

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 12, 2024