Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Whistling rear end in a top hat posted:

a quick rant about Flower Pot (the one where you need all 4 suits in a hand to get 3x)

the wording on the card says "X3 Mult if poker hand contains a Diamond card, Club card, Heart card, and Spade card"

but if you play a Two Pair for example that covers 3 suits, and the fifth card not part of the scoring hand covers the 4th, it doesn't score

it also doesn't work using wild cards

but then it *does* work if your suit is debuffed, and supposedly it does work the way you expect it to with Smeared but I haven't tried it

frustrating to try and figure out all the little in-betweens for the jokers and how they work with other jokers, debuffs, etc.

It is a grave injustice that wildcards get debuffed by every anti-suit boss but can't count for multiple suits for Flower Pot. If wildcards only count as a single best suit for Flower Pot then they should only count as a single best suit (i.e. not the debuffed one) vs. boss blinds! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

Did you all play a ton before unlocking stuntman? I am surprised not to see him in anyone's stats given that he was uncommon prepatch.

Cleared multiple gold stakes pre-patch without unlocking him

that's insane lol

you got a lucky card to successfully trigger 260 times in your run??? i'm guessing your deck must have been entirely lucky cards or something

I assume also that joker that doubles your probabilities so that each lucky card was 40% to trigger instead of 20% (also 10% instead of 5% on the rarer trigger).

Can that joker be copied effectively by the jokers that copy other jokers? Can you push your probabilities even higher with Blueprint or the copying joker?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It also kinda seems inconsistent BC wild cards count for every suit when you play that joker that adds chips when you discard from a certain suit

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005

the holy poopacy posted:

It is a grave injustice that wildcards get debuffed by every anti-suit boss but can't count for multiple suits for Flower Pot. If wildcards only count as a single best suit for Flower Pot then they should only count as a single best suit (i.e. not the debuffed one) vs. boss blinds! :argh:

yup. this + all the other stuff (the wording, the other inconsistencies, etc.) make me think that of all the jokers, Flower Pot really needs a lot of tweaking in the next patch. kinda surprised it didn't get looked at in this latest one

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

the holy poopacy posted:

ooo that change would make a wild card build fun. I only use Lovers now as an intermediate step in a flush build where I usually get rid of all the wilds by the end because they can't be turned into glass, steel, mult, etc.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Can that joker be copied effectively by the jokers that copy other jokers? Can you push your probabilities even higher with Blueprint or the copying joker?

Nope, Blueprint is incompatible with Oops All Sixes https://balatrogame.fandom.com/wiki/Blueprint_(Joker)?so=search#Incompatible_Jokers

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ooo, but it does say the ability stacks with copies, so if you have Showman or that Joker that turns into another Joker after 3 rounds, you could go ham with it.

A lot of setup to get that build online though

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

that's insane lol

you got a lucky card to successfully trigger 260 times in your run??? i'm guessing your deck must have been entirely lucky cards or something

it wasn't ideal (no polychrome) but my whole deck was red sealed lucky 10's, purple sealed steel 10's, or red sealed steel 8's while having 2 lucky dice from a specral pack ankh copy. the lucky dice effect multiplies on itself so 2 = 4/8 4/25 & 3 = 8/5 8/25, but going over the chance doesn't give the possibility for it or any of the other lucky effects trigger twice. I was using both the retrigger jokers to get 3 triggers out of my 5 of a kind red sealed 10's that had a ~4.2/5 chance to trigger lucky cat on each trigger (multiple triggers (triggering both effects on a trigger still only gave 1 lucky cat trigger), or 17 triggers a hand (no blind went past 1 hand after I started rolling until I died).

I'm genuinely surprised that lucky cat got 2 buffs with the patch (.2 > .25 & lucky tarot going from 1>2 cards) because I already considered lucky cat to have the most abuse potential.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've now unlocked everything except the voucher you get for buying a lot of playing cards with the other voucher because who cares about it lol

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Blue Joker cares about it!

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Hologram cares

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Chadzok posted:

Hologram cares

:unsmith:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Black Deck + Double Polychrome Joker Stencil = fun times.

Got another deck to Orange Stake. I'm gonna get everything to orange, then try and blow through orange and gold on every deck all in a row.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I finally broke blind 14 but ngl I can't even see a chance on me climbing any higher. the joker setup was the dice, then 3 cats + 2 copy jokers @ ~38x multi. I think I'll wait for next patch to try cause goddamn this run was almost perfect and it still isn't even close to breaking ante 16

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh hey Magician lets you make two lucky cards now; I didn't notice

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

i first tried jokerless on the new patch. game is now officially for babies

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I played over 40 hours before realizing that card-enhancing tarots and spectrals in your consumables slot can be used on the hand drawn when you buy a different tarot/spectral pack.

For some dumb reason I thought the consumables that were in inventory were only usable in the blinds

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I swear I remember using cards in consumable slots closed up the pack but it turns out I was wrong

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY :psyboom:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I mean you know what the hologram is but the blueprint could be anything! It could even be a hologram!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Arzaac posted:

I mean you know what the hologram is but the blueprint could be anything! It could even be a hologram!

:hai: An enlightened choice. Now that's thinking with Balatro.

edit:

Every card I play triggers at least three times, some five times, so it seems to be going quite well! :sweatdrop:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:26 on May 7, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

MJeff posted:

Got another deck to Orange Stake. I'm gonna get everything to orange, then try and blow through orange and gold on every deck all in a row.

this sounds like a great way to hate the game

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005

Gaffle posted:

i first tried jokerless on the new patch. game is now officially for babies

try Golden Needle, it's still pretty rough even in the new patch

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Ghost Deck gold stake done :toot:

Shoutout to blackboard, card sharp, and pants I guess. :v:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Kuros posted:

You can get 600 points in 3 hands with no jokers, if you die, you die, reset and move on.

Well no poo poo, but I'm telling someone working on black deck/gold stake some early tempo with a holographic tag is going to help. I assume someone's asking because they're dying.

No Wave posted:

Did you all play a ton before unlocking stuntman? I am surprised not to see him in anyone's stats given that he was uncommon prepatch.

Yep, he was unlock #150 for me. He's crept into 9th in my most used because I take him all the time though.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

This is now officially the most hilarious run I have ever done

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gros Michel being a 1/6 chance to break now is killing me lol

Where's my good banana :negative:

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

DaveWoo posted:

This is now officially the most hilarious run I have ever done

Picking up observatory would make this a great endless build

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

canyoneer posted:

I played over 40 hours before realizing that card-enhancing tarots and spectrals in your consumables slot can be used on the hand drawn when you buy a different tarot/spectral pack.

For some dumb reason I thought the consumables that were in inventory were only usable in the blinds

I only recently learned that holding cards in your consumable slots also will block them from showing up again (unless you have the repeat voucher). Good way to help cull card pools.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Tea Bone posted:

I would have to assume they already have that

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Neon Belly posted:

I only recently learned that holding cards in your consumable slots also will block them from showing up again (unless you have the repeat voucher). Good way to help cull card pools.

I'm learning that just now & that makes a whole lot of sense on why I felt like I had such terrible rng on some cards lmao. I still think I'll be holding onto fools though since getting the exact use I need out of a fool card once > getting 3 uses on some marginally good stuff like More Money in the endgame. my whole gameplay style lives and dies off the death card

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Neon Belly posted:

this is also what Showman is referring to in its description about things showing up multiple times

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tea Bone posted:

Already got it, and yeah, it's pretty nuts lol

Edit - Update:

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 7, 2024

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

RBA Starblade posted:

Gros Michel being a 1/6 chance to break now is killing me lol

Where's my good banana :negative:

Since the patch every Cavendish I've gotten has been perishable :negative:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Oh boy, can't wait to see what the free polychrome joker I got from my tag is going to be!

Oh.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

canyoneer posted:

Oh boy, can't wait to see what the free polychrome joker I got from my tag is going to be!

Oh.

It could be worse. It could be eternal.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

RBA Starblade posted:

It could be worse. It could be eternal.
well, the Temperance tarot and Pirate Joker would have fun with that at least

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Man, that was an insane run. I've included the seed if anyone else is interested in trying it out.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I finally found a use case for Lovers tarots: making face cards wild so you can score them when they're debuffed by bosses to cycle your hand without resetting Ride the Bus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

canyoneer posted:

Oh.

that's pretty high roll imo if you got this in ante 1-4, it's a great support piece leading you into the endgame

DaveWoo posted:

Man, that was an insane run. I've included the seed if anyone else is interested in trying it out.

wtf was your card setup using 2 pair, that's wild