Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

joepinetree posted:

May 7th 2020 Biden had a 5.3 average lead. May 7th 2026 Hilary has a 6 point lead. Both won the popular vote.

lol oh I didn’t notice that you specified popular vote

I need to read better

My apologies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

joepinetree posted:

May 7th 2026 Hilary has a 6 point lead. Both won the popular vote.

goddamn, a post from the future

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

From that article ^

e: You're right; didn't want to start a derail. Taibbi and Willa warned us and I was one of the ones who thought the Twitter Files was a lot of nothing. I was wrong; they were right.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Greenwald is cool and good (and unequivocally correct).

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 20:24 on May 7, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

the thing that triggers me the most is when people act like hamas did oct 7th just for fun because they are all serial killers who want to kill jew for fun and ignore any and all political or material context

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The head of the House Democratic Caucus defended Rep. Henry Cuellar's right to remain in Congress while his criminal trial runs its course, saying the Texas Democrat is presumed innocent "just like every American."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4649247-democratic-leader-defends-cuellar-charges-very-different-from-santos-menendez/

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mcmagic posted:

the thing that triggers me the most is when people act like hamas did oct 7th just for fun because they are all serial killers who want to kill jew for fun and ignore any and all political or material context

they did

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Hamas is literally just a transliteration of the Arabic word for “organization founded on Oct 7, 2023 for the sole purpose of attacking Israel”

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

mcmagic posted:

look lets be fair about this

people ignore any and all material context about everything that happens

for most of the population the world is full of mysterious events that happen for no discernible reason other than maybe the cosmos just smote some deserving victims

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

why are we reposting this old nazi and his hate speech oh wait lol i forgot he's president just like he does

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/jsolomonReports/status/1787859881057268174

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

gently caress yeah cuba

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

mcmagic posted:

you are supposed to be supportive and kind to your concentration camp guards

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

:thunk:

https://x.com/dave_brown24/status/1787928735414419712

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

mags posted:

gently caress yeah cuba

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Wow, I'm shocked. And I'm sure the report would have completely exonerated Israel too...

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

so the US is totally going to just let Israel march into Rafah while shooting and starving 2 million people?

this after I’ve had to end a few friendships after using the word zionist to describe the perpetrators of these warcrimes, and after using the word Zionists the whitest of liberals look at me like I just dropped the Nword in casual dinner conversation, this of course after they completely and totally forget that my wife is Palestinian and tried educating us on the subject that really this all their fault.

So I tell my buddy to finish eating and then leave without an explanation or argument because it’s simply not worth my time any longer.

I’m so loving tired and angry all the time.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

god it would be so cool if this was actually true

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm
Its so cool how its completely allowed to carry water for a rapist genocidaire in D&D.

No its fine that he was deliberately lying about the nature of protests and how they were driving jews into hiding, its a holocaust memorial speech!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

mags posted:

gently caress yeah cuba

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Bishyaler posted:

Its so cool how its completely allowed to carry water for a rapist genocidaire in D&D.

No its fine that he was deliberately lying about the nature of protests and how they were driving jews into hiding, its a holocaust memorial speech!

He can't be antisemitic; he has Jewish friends!

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Cuba would be the country to do that if its true Cuba cut relations with Israel like 50 years ago, and has been one of Palestines biggest supporters

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

why don't they just put out a bullshit report saying israel is the most moral country in the world and would never dream of doing anything wrong?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Oldest Man posted:

Democracy is when you get to vote but the actual policies implemented are statistically uncorrelated with your preferences regardless of who you vote for

oh sorry that's a minimalist interpretation

Democracy also should include guarantees of human rights that exist only while being used as cudgels against state enemies and conveniently stop existing otherwise, and guarantees of civil liberties that exist to enable fascists and stop existing nanoseconds before a police baton impacts a student's head

why do we even have a ruling class if they need me to vote for them and tell them what to do

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Scarabrae posted:

so the US is totally going to just let Israel march into Rafah while shooting and starving 2 million people?

this after I’ve had to end a few friendships after using the word zionist to describe the perpetrators of these warcrimes, and after using the word Zionists the whitest of liberals look at me like I just dropped the Nword in casual dinner conversation, this of course after they completely and totally forget that my wife is Palestinian and tried educating us on the subject that really this all their fault.

So I tell my buddy to finish eating and then leave without an explanation or argument because it’s simply not worth my time any longer.

"Oh no your wife is one of the good ones!"

I'm sure they said stuff like that too.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"On Monday night, 185 lawyers, including 27 currently in the administration, sent a letter first to top U.S. officials saying that sending weapons to Israel is illegal, according to a copy of the letter obtained by POLITICO."

hadn't heard about this till now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, not a letter!

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

DoubleDonut posted:

why do we even have a ruling class if they need me to vote for them and tell them what to do
big capitalists need to make compromises with small capitalists, military officers, court intellectuals etc. in order to maintain the class hierarchy's overall stability and perceptiveness. under high-population, mass industrial society, mass electoralism helps to consolidate these interests' demands in digestible forms for the capitalists to work with. except, of course, when TRPF demands the liquidation of these interests and even much of the membership of the big capitalists themselves for the sake of increasing profitability, even at the expense of basic social stabilization. as to whether your vote specifically ever mattered, well, that depends on your asset ownership and/or closeness of relationship to methods of social control

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

mcmagic posted:

why don't they just put out a bullshit report saying israel is the most moral country in the world and would never dream of doing anything wrong?

In addition to war, economics, foreign policy, and domestic policy, the American government has also forgotten how to do propaganda.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

"On Monday night, 185 lawyers, including 27 currently in the administration, sent a letter first to top U.S. officials saying that sending weapons to Israel is illegal, according to a copy of the letter obtained by POLITICO."

hadn't heard about this till now.

loving resign then

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

mcmagic posted:

loving resign then

but but but my career as a child murderer :qq:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Scarabrae posted:

I got told by a buddy just last week that saying “from the river to the sea” is just as bad as the Nword.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/alx/status/1787874131892957308

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Bishyaler posted:

Allowed? More like required.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

yeah, the libs on DU have fantasy threads once a week of trump dying or about his dementia, and both are lol.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lmao cope

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think if Donald Trump died Biden would lose even harder tbh

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

loquacius posted:

I think if Donald Trump died Biden would lose even harder tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f28klp1qQGI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

both trump and biden dying before election day would be amazing chaos.

i really want to read the op-eds about how scary it is that trumpers cheered at biden's death but it is normal and good for everyone to break down in tears of joy at trump's