Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
They also interviewed Mayo for the GM position at the same time as the head coaching spot so problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

TheBizzness posted:

They also interviewed Mayo for the GM position at the same time as the head coaching spot so problem solved

You need to interview external candidates for GM/HC to satisfy the Rooney rule.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Hire Bill Belichick for GM

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Rogue0071 posted:

You need to interview external candidates for GM/HC to satisfy the Rooney rule.

Who did they interview at HC to satisfy the rule?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Krafts are so intellectually lazy and uncurious.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Not being intimately familiar with Patriots internal politics, why wouldn't you want to interview a bunch of different candidates? What has this Wolf guy done that makes him such a lock for the position?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Play posted:

Not being intimately familiar with Patriots internal politics, why wouldn't you want to interview a bunch of different candidates? What has this Wolf guy done that makes him such a lock for the position?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Basically this lol. Kraft ran Bill out of town on a rail but also is promoting a bunch of guys Bill himself picked to succeed him :iiam:. Although to be fair Wolf is not a typical dipshit Belichick disciple, he was in Green Bay's front office for like 15 years before coming over. Of course, he only had a job in Green Bay because his dad used to be their GM. Because the NFL is just one giant nepotism circle jerk. He seems to be reasonably well thought of, though?

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 7, 2024

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

TheBizzness posted:

Who did they interview at HC to satisfy the rule?
They didn't because apparently written succession plans are exempt from the Rooney Rule. But also, he's black.

quote:

The rapid promotion of Mayo, arriving less than 24 hours after Belichick's departure, results from a clause within the Rooney Rule that allows teams to bypass that minority interview requirement with a written succession plan.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

They are VERY serious about doxxing college kids who are protesting genocide.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Play posted:

I mean they just let him run the start of free agency with the largest cap space and the draft where the Patriots were picking 3rd which isn't really something you'd do if you didn't trust him to do the job already.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

mcmagic posted:

They are VERY serious about doxxing college kids who are protesting genocide.

what

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

good old bob is funding the zionist counterprotestors at columbia who are doxxing students. him threatening to pull his donations was probably also a big reason why they sent the pigs in to rough up college kids too.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Docjowles posted:

Basically this lol. Kraft ran Bill out of town on a rail but also is promoting a bunch of guys Bill himself picked to succeed him :iiam:. Although to be fair Wolf is not a typical dipshit Belichick disciple, he was in Green Bay's front office for like 15 years before coming over. Of course, he only had a job in Green Bay because his dad used to be their GM. Because the NFL is just one giant nepotism circle jerk. He seems to be reasonably well thought of, though?

The logic FWIW is that Bill constantly blew off the advice of his own scouts and front office guys to take giga-trash players for 5 years in a row or something.

~Allegedly~

Front office guys who left the Pats have done better than Bill himself lately sooo :shrug:

Nov 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

The logic FWIW is that Bill constantly blew off the advice of his own scouts and front office guys to take giga-trash players for 5 years in a row or something.

~Allegedly~

I think there is probably plenty of truth to this. Belichick loved to draft guys that his college friends recommended. He also put a premium on drafting guys that were "versatile" and could play on special teams, but too often this was at the expense of the actual position they were supposed to play and actually sucked at. He was more interested in players that exhibited his brand of football IQ, guys who would fall in line and not ask questions - he'd draft randos from small schools because they seemed more like the round peg that would fit rather than any of the more accomplished athletic choices available.

That being said, I'm skeptical that the Patriot's scouting department was recommending him five All Pro's every year to draft.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Diva Cupcake posted:

They didn't because apparently written succession plans are exempt from the Rooney Rule. But also, he's black.

Yeah I know he’s black that’s why I made the joke that they also interviewed him for the GM position to fulfill the requirement while skirting the actual rule.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I think there is probably plenty of truth to this. Belichick loved to draft guys that his college friends recommended. He also put a premium on drafting guys that were "versatile" and could play on special teams, but too often this was at the expense of the actual position they were supposed to play and actually sucked at. He was more interested in players that exhibited his brand of football IQ, guys who would fall in line and not ask questions - he'd draft randos from small schools because they seemed more like the round peg that would fit rather than any of the more accomplished athletic choices available.

That being said, I'm skeptical that the Patriot's scouting department was recommending him five All Pro's every year to draft.

The Patriots didn't draft an undersized Rutgers DB this year so there's clearly something's different going on in the draft department :shrug:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Bellmaker posted:

The Patriots didn't draft an undersized Rutgers DB this year so there's clearly something's different going on in the draft department :shrug:

Using the top 3 picks on the top 3 offensive needs was crazy to watch.

I mean, the picks might suck but it's definitely different from late career Bill.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

there was actually a really good rutgers DB in this draft so i'm glad the pats didn't get him.

Nov 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Using the top 3 picks on the top 3 offensive needs was crazy to watch.

I mean, the picks might suck but it's definitely different from late career Bill.

Two bad at least two of those picks were reaches.

The reality is, they needed a franchise QB, a WR1 and a starting LT. There is almost no way to get all that in one draft without setting future day one draft picks on fire.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Two bad at least two of those picks were reaches.

The reality is, they needed a franchise QB, a WR1 and a starting LT. There is almost no way to get all that in one draft without setting future day one draft picks on fire.

But enough about the Jets….

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Coleman not dropping a pass; it's time to start HYPE SZN

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1788981878055194758

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 10, 2024

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pablo Bluth posted:

He does the same thing with his arms that Jerry Jeudy does with his legs

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
With acceleration like that he’s going to make the FSU wr legacy proud

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I didn’t realize Johnny Wilson was in the draft and didn’t go until round 6.

Bills should have grabbed him too.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

MOOR HYPE

https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1788991860360266131

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Just saw the Jets team plane take off from PBI. Wonder what ol woody is up to

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...

Pablo Bluth posted:

I'm all for hyping a rookie that mcdermott will sit and acting like Samuel won't be the #1 wr.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Koleman looks great plus we got Frank Gore Jr. too. Lfg lol

To be fair Allen is so good even a rebuild year is probably going to be pretty entertaining.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Frank Gore Jr's RAS score is so low, he'd probably be outscored by his dad.

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=15622

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Hell yeah meaningless rookie camp reps :getin:

https://x.com/Patriots/status/1789330730587222152

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Drake and Bake!

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Pablo Bluth posted:

Frank Gore Jr's RAS score is so low, he'd probably be outscored by his dad.

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=15622

Lmao top 5 comps is some dude from Alberta you ain't need to do the man so dirty.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I remember devin singletary having absolutely pitiful workout numbers too but the dude was so tough and so good at breaking tackles that it worked out

theres still hope

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Singletary is like the dictionary definition of Fine at RB. He will not totally embarrass you. He will also probably never do anything especially cool either.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

lol
https://twitter.com/SKProFootball/status/1789678488900833378

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I would definitely tie my business name to a video in which I was kinda racist.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
https://twitter.com/NealDriscoll/status/1789439278642077934?t=By4x6wTtKV3ZzVj2KAf45Q&s=19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

cool

Nov 6, 2002

They suck op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

AFC East 2024: they suck OP