Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

https://x.com/BianchiWeather/status/1787565227921613120

"We have an abnormally strong low pressure system moving through so watch out for the stratosphere being pulled to the ground I guess"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

making the day after tomorrow a reality exceeds my already dire expectations

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
It's be easier to fix the ozone hole if it just comes down within easy reach

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Microplastics posted:

It's be easier to fix the ozone hole if it just comes down within easy reach

someone get the glue

it's time to save the biosphere

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Tacoma, WA is building the world's 8th largest warehouse over streams and wetlands. The city planner says of the 2.5 million-square-foot warehouse “It’ll take time to get built out and I’m really excited to see what they do with the wetland and the stream that’s through there and the forest that needs to be restored,”. The city had the authority to decide that an environmental impact survey under the state’s Environmental Policy Act was unnecessary.

https://prospect.org/environment/2024-05-03-tacoma-washington-environmental-racism-warehouse-project/

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

err posted:

Tacoma, WA is building the world's 8th largest warehouse over streams and wetlands. The city planner says of the 2.5 million-square-foot warehouse “It’ll take time to get built out and I’m really excited to see what they do with the wetland and the stream that’s through there and the forest that needs to be restored,”. The city had the authority to decide that an environmental impact survey under the state’s Environmental Policy Act was unnecessary.

https://prospect.org/environment/2024-05-03-tacoma-washington-environmental-racism-warehouse-project/

quote:

The 2.5 million-square-foot warehouse project, which spans across four large, solar-ready concrete buildings,

mmm yeah boy gimme that "solar-ready" eco-conscious green development climate change is over baybeee

what's "solar-ready" mean?

it means the warehouses are equipped with an advanced technology known as a roof

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Solar ready concrete buildings will definitely "do something" with the wetlands they built on. How can people write that stuff without having a stroke?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Hubbert posted:

someone get the glue

it's time to save the biosphere

:letsgo:

freezepops
Aug 21, 2007
witty title not included
Fun Shoe

err posted:

im excited to see them dry the wetlands too! finally, all those gross 🤢 bugs will be eradicated.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The Oldest Man posted:

mmm yeah boy gimme that "solar-ready" eco-conscious green development climate change is over baybeee

it means the warehouses are equipped with an advanced technology known as a roof

I mean we could read that as being "roof is fully wired and oriented to maximize exposure"

I should write copy for these guys.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

The Oldest Man posted:

Classic greenwashing. A dozen solar panels on a roof makes it good for environment :downs:

hypoallergenic cat breed
Dec 16, 2010

err posted:

Classic greenwashing. A dozen solar panels on a roof makes it good for environment :downs:

I don't think there's any actual solar panels though, I think that just means they theoretically could have solar panels whenever they are "ready"

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
when the biosphere is ready it will put solar on that roof

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

hypoallergenic cat breed posted:

I don't think there's any actual solar panels though, I think that just means they theoretically could have solar panels whenever they are "ready"

one day, we will have the technology

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

err posted:

lol they got your rear end

hypoallergenic cat breed posted:

yeah it's this, it means the roof could have solar panels on it but will not

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

i should start selling carbon credit-ready futures, its futures on the possible later value of a carbon credit grift that might or might not exist

climate change in shambles

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Being ready for solar panels is the first step in the journey to having solar panels.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

Being ready for solar panels is the first step in the journey to having solar panels.

true and that protected wetland isn't solar ready at ALL

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
"solar-ready" should be the bare minimum for new construction anyway

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

SixteenShells posted:

isn’t Washington state powered almost entirely by hydroelectricity? which is probably up there with solar in terms of comparatively-not-awful for the environment?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I saw some trash blowing in the breeze yesterday, so my building is wind turbine ready. Who cuts the sustainability check?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Have we tried putting the tornados on rockets and sending them to space???

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

sitchensis posted:

isn’t Washington state powered almost entirely by hydroelectricity? which is probably up there with solar in terms of comparatively-not-awful for the environment?

yeah fair, probably less important there

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Exponential growth will save us you faithless fools!

Sorry Helga pataki taught me a slur?

BRJurgis has issued a correction as of 04:51 on May 8, 2024

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

sitchensis posted:

hydroelectric is absolutely awful for endemic river ecosystems, but those have been gone for hundred years so oh well. the real problem with hydroelectric is that it isn't scalable: we already dammed ever river it is possible to dam. can't exponentially grow the number of rivers

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Purposely destroying local ecosystems and raising the local water levels to prevent destroying global ecosystems and raising global water levels

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Microplastics posted:

And I'd do it again too

:discourse:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Stereotype posted:

hydroelectric is absolutely awful for endemic river ecosystems, but those have been gone for hundred years so oh well. the real problem with hydroelectric is that it isn't scalable: we already dammed ever river it is possible to dam. can't exponentially grow the number of rivers

lmao you fool. Rising sea levels will gift us with so many more waterways to exploit. Nature provides, infinite growth forever

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

SixteenShells posted:

agreed, we won't want to force someone to install solar power as part of new development, right?

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

lmao you fool. Rising sea levels will gift us with so many more waterways to exploit. Nature provides, infinite growth forever

I regret to inform you that rising sea levels is subject to finite growth.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hubbert posted:

I regret to inform you that rising sea levels is subject to finite growth.

well. you obviously aren't an economist.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

[Biosphere] Washington Environmental Racism Warehouse Project.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

smoobles posted:

the best version of degrowth would be a new, deadlier virus than covid aggressively spreading through a population that now no longer believes viruses are real. this way we get the carbon reduction without hurting the ecosystem too much

the War of the Worlds ending basically

I think it would be faster to evolve into the signs aliens than the war of the worlds ones. greys vs tentacle things I think? plus there’s a lot more Jesus and water than there are microscopic life forms.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
starting to think buildings were a mistake

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
What a dumb time to be alive

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

fanfic insert posted:

starting to think buildings were a mistake

You would just leave the economy outside?

Like a dog?

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
little of column A, little of column B

https://www.wsj.com/video/series/in...C1-BE93632332A9

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/t...er-verthp-feeds

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
haha

https://twitter.com/dpcarrington/status/1788138561327296594