Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Soul Glo posted:

https://x.com/jfowlerespn/status/1787887859338277274?s=46

LFG

Titans wr room now DeAndre Hopkins, Calvin Ridley, Tyler Boyd, Treylon Burks, Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, Kyle Phillips. Sick.

Tits tripling down on how bad of a pick Treylon Burks was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

wandler20 posted:

Tits tripling down on how bad of a pick Treylon Burks was.

Oh yeah, he’s a bust, even if last year wasn’t his fault with the two injuries out of his control.

Year 1 was definitely his fault showing up to camp out of shape and with apparently unmanaged asthma

Regardless, I’m glad the new GM and coaches aren’t relying on him breaking out

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the nfc is so boring

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
After reading all the team suggestions and their reasonings, I have objectively limited them to the two best options: Texans for the AFC, Packers for the NFC.

Condolences to all the suggestions that didn't make the cut.

kidcoelacanth posted:

brady is going to be so loving bad in the booth it's gonna rule

:emptyquote:

Soul Glo posted:

LFG

Titans wr room now DeAndre Hopkins, Calvin Ridley, Tyler Boyd, Treylon Burks, Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, Kyle Phillips. Sick.

Now the only thing left to determine is whether Will Levis is worth a poo poo

Cavauro posted:

the nfc is so boring

ruuuuudde

although I kind of agree. At least this draft a few NFC teams got rookie QBs, which should hopefully spice things up a bit

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Play posted:

Absolutely. As a Titans fan I’m stoked that the gm has, to the best of the options available, removed every barrier between Levis and success going into camp. Unfortunate poo poo is bound to happen before the end of the season that impacts that evaluation, but it’s up to Levis to prove his worth now.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

wandler20 posted:

I hope we're not going to let Affleck off the hook because he loving bombed. What was that?

Not enough people are talking about this

He completely sucked the fun out of the room by whining for seemingly 20 minutes in only a way that Ben Affleck could

Even Jeff Ross, who does more roasts than anyone and is the cheerleader for when guests get booed by the crowd or bomb (see Kim k from this one or The Situation in the past) said after Affleck ended "this is the only time I've ever wished Netflix had commercials"

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Play posted:

If you wanted to be a hater, you could also point out that Ridley and Boyd both turn 30 this year and Hopkins will be 32. These guys are all likely entering the downswing of their careers. They also don't have the constant threat of Derrick Henry shoving your entire defense in a locker and rushing for 200 yards taking pressure off the passing game.

Even if they're all old, though, this is still miles better than anything they've fielded since AJ Brown was traded. Their leading receiver in 2022 was Robert Woods with 500 yards :lol:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

FizFashizzle posted:

He's a poor man's Greg Giraldo. Poor in the sense that he's not as good and also on far less cocaine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_TrrWWkMXU&t=393s

Late but I don't give a poo poo because Giraldo was an absolute master at roasts. The only other comedian in his class would be Gilbert Gottfried IMO because he also just didn't give a single gently caress about decorum.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Soul Glo posted:

LFG

I fully expect Burks to be released or waived by end of training camp.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Is Burks even that bad? Hes shown some nice flashes

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

A Sneaker Broker posted:

No shot. They legit don’t know what they have in him. Though he’s an abject bust two years in, he could still have value if he has better luck with injuries this year. If he goes out and manages to be a competitive backup or situational guy that can score, you can actually move him next year in a trade for a day three pick or something.

Now Kyle Phillips? Maybe. He’s also injury prone, muffs kick returns and is strictly a slot guy when they drafted a new small Slot-only special teams receiver.

They probably outright cut Mason Kinsey, store Kearis Jackson on the Practice Squad, park Colton Dowell coming off his ACL late last year.

Treylon Burks is a Titan all year long because no one’s trading for him at this point. Best case is he does have the breakout year. Medium case is he builds equity and gets traded going into the 2025 draft. Worst case is he’s completely useless and then he’s a cut candidate next year, but not with the data they have on him to this point.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Was Boyd cut from Bengals or was his contract up?

He’s one of the three WR musketeers for the team. I thought he was sticking around and the question was whether Tee would be traded.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A Sneaker Broker posted:

The first mistake is drafting the wrong guy.

But the next mistake happens every day you pretend the first mistake didn't happen. Bad picks happen to all teams but the good ones identify it and move on as quickly as possible.

Which, hey Chiefs brass why is Skyy Moore still on the team

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Diqnol posted:

Is Burks even that bad? Hes shown some nice flashes

He's really bad, and it honestly was very predictable that he would be. Basically the epitome of the kind of player that may sometimes work in college but won't work in the NFL.

Big but not that big (and probably a bit overweight for his height), not very fast, absolutely terrible agility both on tape and from his combine workouts, not very athletic as demonstrated by a vertical of 33. Doesn't separate. Shows lack of effort. Extremely poor route running. The Titans thinking they could replace AJ Brown with him was absolutely hilarious at the time and has only gotten more so.

The fact that he went 18th overall really shows the lack of depth of the WR class that year. Extremely slim pickings after London, Wilson and Olave. In this past draft class I swear he'd be like WR15 to 20 at best.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah Burks was drafted in the middle of the first round, no way is his career done yet. These guys hang around for years past their expiration date. See Kevin White, N'Keal Harry, Laquon Treadwell, Breshad Perriman...

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Was Boyd cut from Bengals or was his contract up?

He’s one of the three WR musketeers for the team. I thought he was sticking around and the question was whether Tee would be traded.

His contract was just up. Seems like the Bengals could have afforded to bring him back if they wanted to but they were ready to move on. They did draft Jermaine Burton as a potential replacement.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Speaking of the Bengals this doesn't sound incredibly promising, sorry if already posted

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1787882681310548334

edit:

Docjowles posted:

These guys hang around for years past their expiration date. See Kevin White, N'Keal Harry, Laquon Treadwell, Breshad Perriman...

this quote needs more Kadarius Toney

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 7, 2024

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Play posted:

He's really bad, and it honestly was very predictable that he would be. Basically the epitome of the kind of player that may sometimes work in college but won't work in the NFL.

Big but not that big (and probably a bit overweight for his height), not very fast, absolutely terrible agility both on tape and from his combine workouts, not very athletic as demonstrated by a vertical of 33. Doesn't separate. Shows lack of effort. Extremely poor route running. The Titans thinking they could replace AJ Brown with him was absolutely hilarious at the time and has only gotten more so.

The fact that he went 18th overall really shows the lack of depth of the WR class that year. Extremely slim pickings after London, Wilson and Olave. In this past draft class I swear he'd be like WR15 to 20 at best.

https://x.com/BrettKollmann/status/1787539527177052234

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

lol. I wasn't including him and Skyy since they're still on their rookie contracts. But he's headed for that career arc

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It was crazy because literally everyone, including Vrabel and the owner, thought it was a mistake to trade AJ Brown to save a few million, everyone except the GM who would eventually be fired the day after Brown roasted the Titans defense.

As a Titans fan, I'm kinda less bitter now since it turned out to be good for the guy (at least short-term, we'll see with Sirianni) and the Titans immediately crashed afterward, causing the team to do some much-needed rebooting.

I'm guessing next year we'll let at least one of Hopkins or Boyd walk, make a run on Higgins or possibly another FA WR, and draft WR in the first or second.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's almost creepy how much the Titans remind me of the 90s Chiefs.

Other than actually drafting a QB I guess. If they traded for Jimmy G from SF it would be the spitting image

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Burks seems like a likely candidate to get traded for, like, a conditional 6th-round pick in or after training camp.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

kiimo posted:

Speaking of the Bengals this doesn't sound incredibly promising, sorry if already posted

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1787882681310548334

edit:

Sickos.jpg

Benjamin Disraeli
Oct 19, 2005

Let's have some fun
This beat is sick
Let's play a Love game!

forkboy84 posted:

Of course the downside is you will have to buy one of those dreadful cheese heads so everyone knows you're a Packer, the only downside.

As a matter of fact you don't! Those are just sold as souvenirs to FIBs at rest stops near Kenosha; I don't know of any actual fan that owns one and in 36 years I have never had one myself.

Lots of winter knit hats and a fuckton of hoodies though. It's how you dress to go to Costco on a lovely winter Saturday here!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://x.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1787932287138410977

Countdown to the first annual Cowboys game in Riyadh

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Seems bad

https://x.com/wfaa/status/1787948045830598720

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Burks seems like a likely candidate to get traded for, like, a conditional 6th-round pick in or after training camp.

Lowkey I could see the Packers doing this.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Burks backwards is "skrub." Makes you think don't it? :thunk:

Rashee Rice stop doing crimes challenge: impossible.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

"But Mike we turned a 2nd round pick into a first and third! We're increasing the value of the players on the roster!"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Instant meltdown from Chiefs fans.

What are you even doing in a club on a Monday dude stay tf home

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

kiimo posted:

Instant meltdown from Chiefs fans.

What are you even doing in a club on a Monday dude stay tf home

You never know when you'll meet a cherished long time girlfriend unless you take the leap and go to a strip club on a Monday.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Speed running legal issues at a level that puts Kareem Hunt to shame.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Some guys are just dipshits, and Rice appears to be one of them

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Man chiefs have a thing for finding shithead receivers. Did they get the Steelers curse from Juju?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Chiefs should trade for Traylon Burks now that Rashee can't keep out of trouble

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
He found out the NFL script writers were going to go light on him as part of the three-peat storyline they are writing for the new season, and having a great sense of fairness, he just could not it stand.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Man chiefs have a thing for finding shithead receivers. Did they get the Steelers curse from Juju?

They've always had poo poo receivers, just different flavors of poo poo

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

And those guys keep ending up on the Chiefs :thunk:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

LiquidFriend posted:

Speed running legal issues at a level that puts Kareem Hunt to shame.

“the cleveland browns have acquired rashee rice for a third round pick in next year’s draft”

Play
Apr 25, 2006

rashee rice isn't even good enough to justify going on a brokebrain diva wide receiver crime spree

like, he's incredibly average at best. it's just the chiefs somehow ended up with nothing better so he had an okay statistical season. he is fully JAG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The racist dog whistles are alive and well on every Rashee Rice comment thread.

quote:

You can take the player out of the hood, but not the hood out of the player

Rashee grew up in North Richland Hills, Texas which is a rich suburb of Dallas.

Play posted:

rashee rice isn't even good enough to justify going on a brokebrain diva wide receiver crime spree

like, he's incredibly average at best. it's just the chiefs somehow ended up with nothing better so he had an okay statistical season. he is fully JAG

strongly disagree