Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Soul Dentist posted:

He just fell down a shaft. Luke does the same thing and survives

To be fair the Emperor DID die there, falling down the shaft is unrelated to how he came back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Apparently the Cyberchonk has a wake (wave? CBA to look) mode that raises the suspension all the way and you can power through deeper water than is reasonably safe since it isn't internal combustion but I don't know if I can trust it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

caspergers posted:

Somehow Palpatine's returned :discourse:
https://youtu.be/watch?v=1sFbLppuhhs

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Oddhair posted:

Apparently the Cyberchonk has a wake (wave? CBA to look) mode that raises the suspension all the way and you can power through deeper water than is reasonably safe since it isn't internal combustion but I don't know if I can trust it.

CYBERTRUCK WOKE MODE CONFIRMED!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Oddhair posted:

they make it really easy actually; you can buy a gauge that tells you if you should put it in Standing Water Mode, Puddle Mode, Ford Mode, or Sink Mode.

Don't ever put it in sink mode.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Still love the car

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

captainOrbital posted:

Don't ever put it in sink mode.

Where the hell were you when Elaine Chao's sister needed this advice?

Boogan
May 1, 2005

f off

Fishstick posted:

Oh no

Is that thing going to be okay out in the rain like that without any protective coverings

It's just a finger it'll heal.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
The future:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7365144333965659422

:rolleye:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The 11'8" bridge, now 12'4", got hit by a recycling truck and I can't tell for sure but it looks like it made the rails jump:

https://youtu.be/8qiGP72GFUc?si=XKWbxwiJ4x_iN8TE

A collision causing the tracks to jump is what made Union Pacific decide to raise the bridge last time.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

The 11'8" bridge, now 12'4", got hit by a recycling truck and I can't tell for sure but it looks like it made the rails jump:

A collision causing the tracks to jump is what made Union Pacific decide to raise the bridge last time.
Just a tiny bit of rail jump, as a treat:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BlankSystemDaemon has a new favorite as of 00:50 on May 8, 2024

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Why does the bridge simply not have snipers on it to shoot at over height trucks as they approach?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I still think "overheight must turn" is a confusing way to word that sign. It should just say "You're too tall!" or something.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:rubby:

I wonder if that's an instant safety inspection for the railroad, or if that kind of flex is within their limits.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They’re going to inspect that.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

wash bucket posted:

I still think "overheight must turn" is a confusing way to word that sign. It should just say "You're too tall!" or something.

I dont know why they havent done this yet. https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinteresting/comments/htqytb/water_being_used_to_project_a_stop_sign_sydney/

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Every time I see this, I think about the possibility of an open convertible being just far enough ahead of the offending vehicle for the stop sign flood to go off on it. I want to believe

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

bad_fmr posted:

Still love the car

The great thing is for this to happen you literally have to try and close it and have it stop and open back up five times in a row, and keep telling it it’s ok to close despite the car telling you it isn’t.

Like this guy literally asked his car to do it, it’s like complaining your car let you drive into a brick wall after the emergency breaking sensor activated and you picked your foot up and slammed the gas again.

Bum the Sad has a new favorite as of 01:52 on May 8, 2024

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Maybe a car should not ever apply force to break a finger but ok I guess Tesla's are actually brilliant

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Maybe a car should not ever apply force to break a finger but ok I guess Tesla's are actually brilliant

Wait till you hear what the accelerator pedal can do.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Are there Tesla drivers on this forum? I won't read the musk thread and I assume if there are goons like that they'll congregate in it, but I want to believe nobody here is defending this stuff

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Hmm perhaps cars need an autopilot

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Soul Dentist posted:

Are there Tesla drivers on this forum? I won't read the musk thread and I assume if there are goons like that they'll congregate in it, but I want to believe nobody here is defending this stuff

I've seen some Tesla drivers here but Ive never seen an actual musk fan.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

it's so funny that that guy went back for more and it actually did break his finger.

the gash that someone received that needed stitches was loving sick

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Soul Dentist posted:

Every Musk thread I've read has been a mock thread laughing at his bullshit.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
For those notorious low bridges, couldn't they put up some kind of laser thing like 20 yards out that would signal a really bright flashing light or something like that? If a truck trips the laser, an obvious alarm triggers?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

BiggerBoat posted:

For those notorious low bridges, couldn't they put up some kind of laser thing like 20 yards out that would signal a really bright flashing light or something like that? If a truck trips the laser, an obvious alarm triggers?

there's a tunnel in australia (i think?) that makes a curtain of water with a huge STOP sign projected onto it

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

It does. It lights up that "overheight must turn" sign. And while people are trying to figure out what the hell that phrase means they hit the bridge.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Tim Allen not only starred in a major anchor sitcom of a Disney owned broadcasting company, but starred in no less than two movie franchises, one very iconic, all in a ten year period. Then continued to do more Disney affiliated work.

Gina Carrano was a secondary, if not tertiary character in one popular, but not widespread, series for less than 8 episodes total.

lol and roflmao

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Is there a chance the track could bend?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Soul Dentist posted:

There’s a fair few Tesla drivers, especially in the EV thread - myself included. The appetite for their various automobile shenanigans varies, but all are pretty much in universal agreement about Musk and his albatross of a pickup.

This is a screenshot of my response to a customer insight survey they sent me:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Slugworth posted:

Is there a chance the track could bend?

OSHA thread says it got inspected shortly afterwards and returned to service.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

OSHA thread says it got inspected shortly afterwards and returned to service.

That doesn't rhyme at all. :mad:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

dialhforhero posted:

Tim Allen not only starred in a major anchor sitcom of a Disney owned broadcasting company, but starred in no less than two movie franchises, one very iconic, all in a ten year period. Then continued to do more Disney affiliated work.

Gina Carrano was a secondary, if not tertiary character in one popular, but not widespread, series for less than 8 episodes total.

lol and roflmao

The sheer degree to which she over-estimates how much anyone gives a poo poo about her outside is truly hilarious.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

wash bucket posted:

That doesn't rhyme at all. :mad:

Not on your life my OSHA pal!

fixed it

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What if there was some sort of sheet of water that flowed over a projector, showing a stop sign when necessary. But like, something about a hills hoist covered in magpies? Or maybe the projector shows a pie floater with a huge spider on it and the water curtain is made of Bunnings snags and Vegemite?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

There's one like that in my town and there are signs hanging over the road that detect if the vehicle is over height and will flash lights and are at a height where a truck that is too tall will hit them. There are still trucks that drive into the bridge every couple of months.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

muscles like this! posted:

There's one like that in my town and there are signs hanging over the road that detect if the vehicle is over height and will flash lights and are at a height where a truck that is too tall will hit them. There are still trucks that drive into the bridge every couple of months.

-Alarms and klaxons blaring, lights flashing, spotlights pointed directly at the truck barreling towards the bridge-
Driver: "Huh. Wonder who that's for."

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Zero One posted:

I still haven't seen an answer as to why this isn't a SAG arbitration instead of a lawsuit? I would think actors getting fired would be something covered in the union contracts.

Maybe it speaks volumes that SAG wasn't willing to fight for her.

From last page, and I'm pretty dumb from a load in week, but:

I'm IATSE and we work with SAG-AFTRA and Actors Equity regularly. It's entirely possible she violated a clause in her contract no one is talking about.

For example, we do alot of Disney live action musicals. My production company created the first Disney stage Musical. There is alot of weird poo poo in their contracts. Like, you can't appear as your character in public without permission.

Or if you are a ballet dancer, and you get over a certain body fat percentage, you can't dance for the ballet any more, but also you have a non compete so you can't dance for anyone else.

We also have a million little clauses about "morality" and poo poo. She probably violated a clause in her contract, that the public doesn't know about, and they are just letting her ride since they know she can't win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here in Melbourne Australia we have the Montague Street Bridge which is only 9'10" and even though it has flashing red lights and a height detection barrier and dozens of warning signs we still regularly get overheight vehicles smashing into it:

That driver definitely got smacked by these barriers but still kept going

The bridge has currently gone 62 days without a smash so it's pretty much due
https://howmanydayssincemontaguestreetbridgehasbeenhit.com/