Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Soylent Pudding posted:

I'm moving today and won't give time to get to the expansion until the weekend probably. This is probably a good thing because it gives me time to wait for my mods to update.

In the meantime here are the many names of David Ryder.
Excellent lithoid namelist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
My current assimilator run is on crisis 2 (captain difficulty) with somewhere around 3500 fleet power in 16-17 200k+ fleets, 2 mega shipyards to replenish, nearly +5k alloys, 3 Dyson spheres and matter decompressors, I am the Senate (400k voting power, rest of the galaxy combines to 180k), now 5 ring worlds and a dozen others built out, and I won't really be able to finish it for another week before even starting the new expansion. 😭

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

lol game freezes on 5% loading. grape job guys.
Edit: okay, full reinstall worked for anyone with similar issues. reinstalled yesterday but that wasn't good enough!

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 7, 2024

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
So is 25x All crisis now 25x - 37.5x - 56.25x - 84.375x?

Because :stare:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Deuce posted:

So is 25x All crisis now 25x - 37.5x - 56.25x - 84.375x?

Because :stare:

:getin:

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

What's this Season 08 option I see in the store and how does it work?

I'm going to pick up Astral Planes and Galactic Paragons while they're on sale.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

two fish posted:

It's a multi-DLC bundle. Seasons 1–7 don't exist, I guess they're retroactively labeling their past DLC as that.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

I'm actually thinking a megacorp is the way to take that on, that's getting well past the point where repeatable techs or effective leaders are gonna matter, just how outrageously high can you crank energy production and naval capacity, and getting branch offices all over the universe massively increases both.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

two fish posted:

It's a bundle with Machine Age and the next two DLCs, working out to a 40% (IIRC) discount.
And also a cube portrait

two fish
Jun 14, 2023

That seems like a pretty good deal, unless I'm missing something?

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

two fish posted:

One of the DLCs in that bundle is focused on stellar storms and probably won't be a ton of content

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

two fish posted:

That's assuming that none of the DLC will be a dud.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I've never tried All Crisis, and I'm still a pretty timid player despite over 400 hours. What sort of crisis strength should I be doing if I just want to enjoy the spectacle?

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Jack Trades posted:

That's assuming that none of the DLC will be a dud.
Yeah it's basically Buy 2, Get the 3rd Free.
But two of them are pre-orders with only a vague outline of what they'll contain.
I still got it, because I've already bought every Stellaris DLC anyway so I might as well keep on :retrogames:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Is it still the case that First Contact, Astral Planes and Galactic Paragons kinda make the game worse? It's the only ones I'm missing.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'm not up to date on why the Fans think each dlc is poo poo but my impression is that people were mad at Astral because it didn't really have that much in it to justify the price.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

i'm not up to date on why the Fans think each dlc is poo poo but my impression is that people were mad at Astral because it didn't really have that much in it to justify the price.

My understanding that it also adds busywork and some extra anti-QoL annoyances in the late game, but I haven't played it myself.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

New start screen is amazing. Disappointed they haven't added shortcuts back in to be able to hit N for New Game, L for Load Game, etc.

(spoilered in case anyone doesn't want to see it)

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Jack Trades posted:

My understanding that it also adds busywork and some extra anti-QoL annoyances in the late game, but I haven't played it myself.

Adds power creep too, and was generally a buggy mess because they farmed out the programming.

IIRC that was the patch that created a crash that occurs any time an observer in a multiplayer game clicks on the government tab.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Ok the "modularity" machine ascension creates some utterly absurd traits to add.

Dark Matter Engines, 2 points
Resources from jobs +60%
Dark Matter upkeep +.01

For one dark matter per 100 pops, you get a 60% empire-wide output boost for all jobs?

Yikes.

Combine with the automodding trait means most jobs will have a +10% or +15% output bonus.

Machines can also be the new kings of trade output, combining Trading Algorithms (thrifty equivalent) with Matrix Trading, +50% trade output and +1 energy, +.02 rare crystal upkeep.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Disappointed I can't start off with Genesis Architects and pick up Rogue Servitors later.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

uber_stoat posted:

kind of funny, I've been playing Astral-heavy nations two times since the DLC came out, and I've wrung enough fun out of it to make at least 3 random "fans" mad :v:

and I have no idea why people would be down on Paragon and First Contact, I love those, too

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Groetgaffel posted:

Yeah it's basically Buy 2, Get the 3rd Free.
But two of them are pre-orders with only a vague outline of what they'll contain.
I still got it, because I've already bought every Stellaris DLC anyway so I might as well keep on :retrogames:
I bought it yesterday, stellaris DLC are almost always worth it. And the vague galactic wind thing or whatever is basically free anyway.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
The only downside to the Astral DLC is that it lets psionic enemy empires spawn a 40k fleet at will from midgame onwards, which definitely didn't ruin an entire invasion plan. :arghfist:

Edit: psionic empires, not picnic empires, drat autocorrect. Although I now want to make an insect hivemind called the Picnic Ruiners...

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Aspec with a really positive review of Machine Age
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyqCRVtCn84

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Been playing all afternoon and drat the new tracks slammm. Oh and its fun as hell. Been playing as arc welders bird machine race with typical +science and +pop speed traits that are usually good and and it's been a blast. I've already encountered a bunch of poo poo that I have not seen before. Very positive impression so far.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Huh. Apparently the new expansion broke all my portrait mods again. :lol: it was a wonder they held up through all those past changes anyway. Now, luckily, my work week ends tomorrow thanks to some oddly placed holidays, so I can take a closer look at what the hell happened.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

To celebrate the new DLC I'm going to get really wild with empire creation.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Since it's now possible, I already have three different individualist machine empires planned. Deathworld machine soldiers, deep space exploration probes, and ruined ring guardians.

The first one will be really dumb, but glorious, as I'm piling on all the "is ED-209, but smart"-traits the DLC got me. :allears: Warbots, Integrated Weaponry, Durable and Repurposed Hardware since they weren't meant to be people, and whatever I can think off on top of that. Maybe engineering core, or something else I can relate to fighting.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Libluini posted:

Huh. Apparently the new expansion broke all my portrait mods again. :lol: it was a wonder they held up through all those past changes anyway. Now, luckily, my work week ends tomorrow thanks to some oddly placed holidays, so I can take a closer look at what the hell happened.

I know portraits are now modular based on ascension progress (at least the new ones are), so I imagine the file structure changed a lot and probably a lot of the very good ones will want to take advantage of that. So you can have anime girls that turn into increasingly robotic anime girls

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So rogue servitor + obsessional directive with a modified earth custodianship set to arc welders is so far... absolutely insane.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
So, uh, I did the virtual ascension and it just didn't do anything. It unlocked the Virtuality tradition, but none of my pops got the virtual trait and it's certainly not filling up all job slots. Just... nothing happened. Is this a bug, or am I missing something about how this is supposed to work?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Thanks for the DLC input, I'll keep them on my wishlist and wait for a 50% off deal, that always feels rights for pdox stuff.

And just to expand on this:

Black Griffon posted:

I've never tried All Crisis, and I'm still a pretty timid player despite over 400 hours. What sort of crisis strength should I be doing if I just want to enjoy the spectacle?

Is the default strength higher in larger galaxies because there's more real estate for the crises to cover? Does All Crisis actually feel fun, immersive or interesting in a regular game or is it more like a boss rush.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Clarste posted:

So, uh, I did the virtual ascension and it just didn't do anything. It unlocked the Virtuality tradition, but none of my pops got the virtual trait and it's certainly not filling up all job slots. Just... nothing happened. Is this a bug, or am I missing something about how this is supposed to work?

Did you take any if the Virtuality traditions yet? IIRC the trait is from the opener and instantly generating pops for all jobs is the finisher.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Black Griffon posted:

Thanks for the DLC input, I'll keep them on my wishlist and wait for a 50% off deal, that always feels rights for pdox stuff.

And just to expand on this:

Is the default strength higher in larger galaxies because there's more real estate for the crises to cover? Does All Crisis actually feel fun, immersive or interesting in a regular game or is it more like a boss rush.
The bigger the galaxy is the more bullets and meatshields there are to throw at the crisis. That's all it is.

Default crisis level for your galaxy size is fine, or drop it down a level if you just want to see what it does.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Staltran posted:

Did you take any if the Virtuality traditions yet? IIRC the trait is from the opener and instantly generating pops for all jobs is the finisher.

I had taken some but not finished it yet. Eventually it started working, but it still never actually applied the Virtual trait to my existing pops, it had to start generating them before they even existed, but after that I could mod everyone to be virtual. As in I had to finish the tree before the tree did anything at all.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Clarste posted:

I had taken some but not finished it yet. Eventually it started working, but it still never actually applied the Virtual trait to my existing pops, it had to start generating them before they even existed, but after that I could mod everyone to be virtual. As in I had to finish the tree before the tree did anything at all.

the devlog said it's supposed to add a Situation to your spacejournal, maybe you need to find that and click a button to start investing resources on converting your pops?

probably moot for this playthrough if you've already manually modded the trait onto everyone, but for future runs it might be less tedious to follow the intended breadcrumbs?

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 8, 2024

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

silentsnack posted:

the devlog said it's supposed to add a Situation to your spacejournal, maybe you need to find that and click a button to start investing resources on converting your pops?

probably moot for this playthrough if you've already manually modded the trait onto everyone, but for future runs it might be less tedious to follow the intended breadcrumbs?

The Situation is how you unlock it in the first place. I was talking about after I'd done all that.

Edit: Specifically, finishing the Situation automatically Adopts the tradition tree, and bonus for adopting the tree is "Adds the Virtual trait to all your main species pops." Except it didn't. My assumption was that this was a bug. You literally cannot adopt the tree without finishing the Situation.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 8, 2024

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Oh lord the astro mining bot civic is broken as hell with arc furnaces. an additional 150% mining to the whole system on a starbase? plus their base modifier

Who cares if my menial drones suck? I DON'T NEED ANY

oh I didn't read, they replace solar panels... BECAUSE THEY ARE SOLAR PANELS AS WELL

What the loving hell

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Individualist machine empires can take the Syncretic Evolution origin and just get a full secondary species that grows alongside your machines.