Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Augus posted:

so what you’re saying is people only play Fallout 3 if they can also be playing New Vegas at the same time.
the reason people do that is that it fixes a lot of bugs in fallout 3 some of which were hard fixed in the new vegas engine but cannot be fixed within fallout 3 even with a script extender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Maybe Bethesda should get a less broken engine.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lostconfused posted:

Maybe Bethesda should get a less broken engine.

we made a game about exploring an infinite space on an engine that cant stream in assets lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Cup Runneth Over posted:

What the gently caress Tango did Evil Within? 2 was insanely good, what an outrage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Azs3S2erk

lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Dark Souls 3 talk: had some initial trouble with Midir, put the game down, came back later that same evening and got him on my first attempt. incredibly fun fight, epic in scale, a perfect way to round out this run. Gael was very fun too, in a Maria kind of way, but I found him much easier than Midir.

now I’m just victory lapping, finishing the remaining quests, scooping up all the Slabs, etc. I missed/messed up a LOT of the quests, but the only big miss was Dragonslayer’s Axe which would have been perfect for my build. I’m sitting at 40 Str/40 Fth and have these weapons maxed:

Millwood Axe (Heavy) - this is my compromise over having Dragonslayer’s Axe
Splitleaf Halberd (Heavy)
Zweihander (Lightning, barely used)
Dragonslayer’s Greataxe
Great Mace (Heavy)
Lothric Knight Greatsword (Heavy)

I swapped between the latter three for most of the game, and buffed with Lightning Blade as much as possible in the endgame. lovely experience, I’m glad I got that out of my system ahead of Shadow of the Erdtree

Midir is an incredible fight, one of my all time favorites. Everything about it is perfect, cool arena, great spectacle, and it really feels like you're fighting a powerful monster consumed by madness that is really, really pissed off at you. Gael is just really fun, not too tough but perfectly designed so it's enormously satisfying. Probably harder if you're using smaller weapons but if you've got a weapon that staggers and posture breaks and aren't spooked by chip damage (because you've been trading the whole game thanks to your stagger and posture breaking weapon) tho

Plassie had the novelty and Lichdragon the spectacle (unless you're melee lol) in ER but neither compares

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

I wish Manor Lords was a complete game, why do I touch this early access stuff??

Look at the bright side. It took him seven years to get to the current build, so you have at least that many years of pre-alpha content to look forward to!

Real talk though he mentioned looking to hire more help (but saying it has been tough going) and per his Twitter poll people say they either want AI towns or castles/sieges next

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

If Tarn Adams can hire someone after 20 years of solo work so can this guy after 7

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Vox Nihili posted:

If Tarn Adams can hire someone after 20 years of solo work so can this guy after 7

those two nerds finally getting millions of dollars so they can get health insurance and really stock up on the nice quality ramen is the feel-good story of the decade

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Free market success stories

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Is anyone here excited for WoW: Cataclysm Classic? Seems like an oxymoron, no? World's revamped, you have queues for everything, and classes + talents become a lot more streamlined. Think the end of "old wow" started around Wrath but Cata seems to be the definitive era when they transition to the more "modern" feel

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Also I liked Deathloop, sorry folks

I liked it too. More so than Dishonored.

quote:

I wish Manor Lords was a complete game, why do I touch this early access stuff??

I refunded it. Seemed fun, I'll come back when it's done.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I'm getting mad about video games. Shuttering Tango Gameworks just a couple months after announcing a Ghostwire sequel feels like something specifically targeted to disappoint me.

I haven't even played Hi-Fi Rush or the Evil Within games yet.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Vox Nihili posted:

come play songs of syx my lord

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

deathloop is the spiritual kin of starfield.
one is a clockwork world with no clock and the other a space epic with no space

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Orb Crabmelt posted:

I'm getting mad about video games. Shuttering Tango Gameworks just a couple months after announcing a Ghostwire sequel feels like something specifically targeted to disappoint me.

I haven't even played Hi-Fi Rush or the Evil Within games yet.

yeah evil within seemed like it was for re4 stans, and hifi rush was fun but too difficult!!! ghostwire is the one im actually sad about getting cancelled forever, no other game is like it

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

my_custom_username posted:

Is anyone here excited for WoW: Cataclysm Classic? Seems like an oxymoron, no? World's revamped, you have queues for everything, and classes + talents become a lot more streamlined. Think the end of "old wow" started around Wrath but Cata seems to be the definitive era when they transition to the more "modern" feel

yeah, seems bizarre, I'd just keep circling through the old expansions.

I remember picking up nu wow and running a ... panda? dungeon, and it was literally running through eight or nine rooms in a straight line obliterating everything in a fruit salad cocktail of coloured lights, barely even stopping to loot. So weird and only fun in the most abstract sense goddammit we spent hours doing full clears of wailing caverns and we liked it shakes stick

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Al! posted:

yeah evil within seemed like it was for re4 stans, and hifi rush was fun but too difficult!!! ghostwire is the one im actually sad about getting cancelled forever, no other game is like it

def makes me want to pick up ghostwire now to try and still support them, i got both evil within games for free on epic so i should check them out too

hi fi rush was harsh but fair in it's mechanics and was fun as hell overall

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

sebmojo posted:

yeah, seems bizarre, I'd just keep circling through the old expansions.

I remember picking up nu wow and running a ... panda? dungeon, and it was literally running through eight or nine rooms in a straight line obliterating everything in a fruit salad cocktail of coloured lights, barely even stopping to loot. So weird and only fun in the most abstract sense goddammit we spent hours doing full clears of wailing caverns and we liked it shakes stick

I haven't played wow since cata and I'm pretty sure I could still navigate a full clear of blackrock depths

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hello

I am to post some cities from the steam artwork and screen shot section of songs of syx

please be enjoy

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I do enjoy that

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Also I liked Deathloop, sorry folks

I liked what I played of Deathloop (burnt out later on), but it seemed like a suboptimal execution of a great concept. It got a bit tedious for me to puzzle things out later on, and I wish we got more insight into the setting/characters/etc.

Still enjoyed it more than Dishonored 2 which I burnt out on earlier. Dishonored 1 I fully played, but I'm not sure how much I enjoyed it because it was "good for its time." I also strongly disliked the whole "punished narrative lyrics for making use of most of your cool skillset" stuff. Just let me kill dudes without it resulting in the city becoming a diseased shithole!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
prey was their only good game after 2006

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
omg

https://twitter.com/hasanthehun/status/1788001877134852479?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i think it is good that the AAA space is killing itself at an accelerated pace. it just means the tons of low-end AM4 and haswell PCs I make and donate keep being evergreen :3:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Third World Reagan posted:

Hello

I am to post some cities from the steam artwork and screen shot section of songs of syx

please be enjoy

I need to figure out how to understand this game

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i think it is good that the AAA space is killing itself at an accelerated pace. it just means the tons of low-end AM4 and haswell PCs I make and donate keep being evergreen :3:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Getting a bit sick of supply ships popping up constantly so decided to take an alien base on, jumped in only to find it full of sectopods and ethereals while I only have laser and not having done a psi purge yet. See ya later fellas, have a nice day! Main crunch has been mostly that everything is much more expensive and nothing much sells for any great sum, so if you're prioritizing research which you're never far from the red. Each top-tier interceptor costs a bunch of rare components that must be salvaged and another 6 million on top of that. Dedicated bases are super expensive as well and even more expensive to keep safe because the retaliation AI is super aggressive and it's a coinflip if you even see the ship coming in. Game is getting HARD and I think I'm just gonna sprint for Cydonia instead of treading water for awhile like I was able to do with The Final Modpack.

That mothership was 80% exploded but still had a TON of loot, real wanting to find one on the ground before I end this but I'll get overwhelmed if I wait too long. The crew is Muton and Ethereal with both their terror units tho so it's absolutely gonna be hell. I've only lost China and Japan so far but that's the sort of thing that can escalate in a hurry. One thing I do recommend people do is enable the option for countries to abandon their pact and resume funding. It's a real incentive to actually clear bases instead of just camping supply ships until you're sick of seeing them appear once a nation is lost

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I honestly can't believe he hasn't actually played it yet

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cuttlefush posted:

prey was their only good game after 2006

lol

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

play as the bug people and just be a bug

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

just started monhun:rise and same

and like in mh:world, i tried a bunch of weapons, found them all too complicated, and went back to the longsword. huge range, fast, and simple enough that i can pay attention to everything else

bonk hammer is fun but i miss every hit
loved insect glaive in mh:w but keeping buffs up later on got too tedious
switch axe? charge blade? no idea what’s going on

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sword and shield is fun.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
greatsword is OP and veyr good

element dualblades were also super OP, broken, and pretty idiot-proof in suinbreak

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lance ftw

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wandering around the small hamlets of skyrim solving small crises like a 70s tv show

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Mr Hootington posted:

Redfall was a studio killer game. Everyone knew that when it came out.

When you have a total poo poo game like that, I always wonder how long everyone involved knew it was poo poo. Thats got to be an awful feeling.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I am not picky about game feel most of the time but Outer Worlds was one that was notably unfun to play
everything just felt squishy and the guns felt like they shot numbers rather than bullets

When I made it to the second world and my weapon upgrade was just "Light Pistol 2" (the sequel) my hopes for the game dropped through the floor.

Al! posted:

idk why people need to be mad at fo3 to think new vegas was better. theyre both goodd! and new vegas had the opportunity to learn from the mistakes of fo3 or else it would have been a much worse game

I enjoyed playing FO3 when it came out, and replayed it several times, but have never touched it again after FNV came out. It does nothing better, and so many things worse. The plot is weird and dumb, and the weapon variety is total rear end. I was mad about that playing it the first time, compared to Fallout 1 and 2. I think there are like 5(?) Big Guns in the base game?

Edit: I looked it up, there are 6, ignoring uniques.

One More Fat Nerd has issued a correction as of 03:13 on May 8, 2024

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

One More Fat Nerd posted:

When you have a total poo poo game like that, I always wonder how long everyone involved knew it was poo poo. Thats got to be an awful feeling.

70% staff churn over development

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Real hurthling! posted:

70% staff churn over development

:barf:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i finally got vaders saber then someone shot me to death in the drat back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's looking like that thing's gonna happen again where a Yakuza minigame opens up and I finish the whole thing at once before playing any more of the actual game

or as much as I can anyway, sometimes they gate it behind game progress. Anyway Animal Crossing should have combat