Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hopefully they can get the funding to jump start a new studio with that game on their resume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

PS+ Essential games for May 2024 are available now! (May 7 - June 3)

EA Sports FC 24 Standard Edition | PS4, PS5 | MSRP $69.99
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-PPSA13393_00-24STANDARDBUNDLE
The EA Sports FC 24 Ultimate Team Starter Pack (Free DLC for PS+ subscribers):
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA40328_00-CK22100000000000

Ghostrunner 2 | PS5 | MSRP $39.99
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4040-PPSA09911_00-GHOSTRUNNER2US00

Tunic | PS4, PS5 | MSRP $29.99
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0406-PPSA03054_00-3390974934506823

Destiny 2: Lightfall | PS4, PS5 | MSRP $49.99
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-PPSA02409_00-D2LFPSPLUS000001

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Yeesh, bad month.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Costco Meatballs posted:

Oh my goodness Armoured Core is so much more fun with boost and jump on paddles

yup

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Shammypants posted:

Yeesh, bad month.

Freeeeeeee fijiiiiiiiifffaaaaa

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Shammypants posted:

Yeesh, bad month.

I think Tunic isn't that great, but can see why people are so high on it. That alone probably makes it a good month for a lot of people. Most months are worse than this one. Oh yeah, and fifa is pretty well liked.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

Man RIP Tango. I had high hopes for that studio. Too bad that Shinji Mikami started sucking at directing games the moment he founded it. Guy directed RE4, God Hand, Vanquish, then left Capcom and directed Evil Within, then stepped back to executive producer, and now I think he's aimlessly wandering the countryside. Glad they got one unqualified success out the door in Hi-Fi Rush, otherwise their record is a real mixed bag.

I think he said recently that he didn't want to direct horror games anymore and his main goal was to create opportunity for younger devs to stretch their wings.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Wolfsheim posted:

having said that I still miss the era of a few GTA clones getting released every year, with the entire industry collapsing I doubt we'll ever get anything like that again
My favorite one-off GTA clone is Saboteur. Shooting nazis in occupied Paris with voicework by the Lucky Charms leprechaun and Pepe Le Pew.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

lol Todd at the end

There are rumors going around, and I guess have been for awhile, that a Fallout 3 remaster is coming out this fiscal year. Next month is Replacement E3 month, so I would expect an announcement then

Ninja Theory (Hellblade) is probably freaking out right now, considering that they are finally putting out a Hellblade sequel and I think it's one of MS' major exclusives for the year

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Ghostrunner 2 was my second favorite of 23, Tunic rules, people still like FIFA.

It’s a good month aside from the fact that I already own all of the titles I’d play.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

FlamingLiberal posted:

lol Todd at the end

There are rumors going around, and I guess have been for awhile, that a Fallout 3 remaster is coming out this fiscal year. Next month is Replacement E3 month, so I would expect an announcement then

Ninja Theory (Hellblade) is probably freaking out right now, considering that they are finally putting out a Hellblade sequel and I think it's one of MS' major exclusives for the year

Tameem Antoniades left the company less than a month ago too. They’re doomed.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

FlamingLiberal posted:

lol Todd at the end

I imagine any company working under Microsoft is wringing their hands at this point, unless you're Bethesda because clearly there's no limit to the companies that MS will feed to the grinder to fuel their development. Award winning best-sellers? Nah, gently caress em.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Well, I don't think 343 will ever get shuttered no matter how much they screw up

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Did FIFA ever put out their own game like they threatened to when EA decided they didn't need to pay for the name anymore?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

big nipples big life posted:

Did FIFA ever put out their own game like they threatened to when EA decided they didn't need to pay for the name anymore?
Not to my knowledge but I don't really follow soccer gaming

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well, I don't think 343 will ever get shuttered no matter how much they screw up

They're less of their own studio and more The Microsoft Team That Does Halo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

Yeah their latest one is called some other poo poo

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Mikami left Tango and is starting a talent incubator studio, so I'm not really surprised that they'd roll Tango staff into the greater business given he was central to the studio being its own thing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah their latest one is called some other poo poo

Some Other poo poo '24

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

JBP posted:

Mikami left Tango and is starting a talent incubator studio, so I'm not really surprised that they'd roll Tango staff into the greater business given he was central to the studio being its own thing.

Ikumi Nakamura also left to start her own thing, so that's the other well known talent gone from Tango.

Still, hope the HiFi team can keep working together somewhere in the industry.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

JBP posted:

The staff is not being rolled into anything, OP

They're being fired, OP

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Some Other poo poo '24

It literally has some nonsense name like EA Da Footy 24

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

EA SPORTS FC, all caps

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

They're being fired, OP

Some of them are being rolled into other MS departments.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Creative* destruction

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bugblatter posted:

Some of them are being rolled into other MS departments.

Probably just management lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Waffleman_ posted:

They're being fired, OP

I read that the staff were being retained, if I'm wrong that's a shame.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

AAA gaming is a shitshow. AA and indie games are the future.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
don’t forget AAAA games

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

The head's of Arkane Austin and Lyon called the news "terrible" and "a loving gut stab," respectively. The director of HiFi Rush says it's terrible and he "doesn't have the words..."

So, I don't get the impression many people at the studios are still employed by MS in any capacity.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/third...ng-and-refunds/

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Initial thoughts on the PS Portal:

Wifi chip is garbage. I have a pretty good wifi setup at home with full coverage everywhere. None of my devices ever drop. Until today. I walked from one room INTO the room with the main router and it dropped in those 20 steps.

Also, for some reason when I turned off my TV / AVR, the portal popped up a HDR adjustment screen. When I turned the AVR back on, it went away. No idea why it did this. Very strange.

I do like the screen size, though.

So far: C+ I'll check it out for a while but might return it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I got so confused about what website this screenshot was showing until I realized it was Discord in light mode lol

Who uses Discord in light mode

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Harrow posted:

Who uses Discord in light mode

I'm not sure I want to meet them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, I'm pretty sure once HD2 is all done and dusted, Arrowhead isn't gonna want to have poo poo to do with Sony ever again, so maybe not the most long term problem to have lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

don’t forget AAAA games

Rebirth got me covered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Xbox should be scared of rear end & titty Eve. Stellar Blade is great.