Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shard fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Stroker Ace posted:

A left handed catcher!

it was me (in little league)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

thats right. im the sexy pinup gal. all eyes are on me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who cares

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

maybe you are the one taking the picture

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If you were to ask me cav is the one on top of the locker having thrown the football at the dragon or possibly the dragon spitting the football up toward the ceiling, but that’s only if you were to ask me

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's obvious. but again.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

the monster up in the rafters? high above everyone else? That's gotta be my boy Sting. The one clawing to return into the room - Trevor.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

how come mjeff gets to be ridley

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

because he's cool

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Watching Sonatine again. I love the beach sumo scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JTtx07oveY

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

graph posted:

it was me (in little league)

Same, our coach was a lefty and his kid was a pitcher so he had a lefty catchers mitt, I only did it twice or so.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Left-Handed Catcher's Mitt is my favorite Jim Croce song

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Why does my box of Frosted Flakes say "Celebrating 15 Years of Minecraft"? That can't be right. :corsair:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

apophenium posted:

Why does my box of Frosted Flakes say "Celebrating 15 Years of Minecraft"? That can't be right. :corsair:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/21072215094?s=46&t=qMC4CWrJTLL6muchfMx13w

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This is not accurate. Don’t look at this!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this wont fit on social media so i'll say it here. but i've been reading my friend badly wanting nintendo to make a unique new gaming console instead of the switch 2. and i thought of this. what if it's gamecubes. the system is called gamecubes. it's 2 gamecubes where you can combine each game with each other game at the same time to make a combo game. all they do instead of paying to develop new games is work on every gamecube game to make it compatible with combining it with every other game. under the hood it wouldn't genuinely be 2 gamecubes because it would need to be more powerful than that to do this properly but that would be the idea and the aesthetics. then in like 4 years after they've completed all the combinations they can start making a new mario or zelda

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he hates the idea. he acted like he didn't see it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

this wont fit on social media so i'll say it here. but i've been reading my friend badly wanting nintendo to make a unique new gaming console instead of the switch 2. and i thought of this. what if it's gamecubes. the system is called gamecubes. it's 2 gamecubes where you can combine each game with each other game at the same time to make a combo game. all they do instead of paying to develop new games is work on every gamecube game to make it compatible with combining it with every other game. under the hood it wouldn't genuinely be 2 gamecubes because it would need to be more powerful than that to do this properly but that would be the idea and the aesthetics. then in like 4 years after they've completed all the combinations they can start making a new mario or zelda

That’s a beautiful idea. The guy on the side of the mountain in the Canada level of Tony Hawk 3 peeing off the shoulder of Doshin the Giant. This is the kind of forward Nintendo-centric thinking we need in the Gen Thread.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Nintendo will never make another Wii-esque big swing console. Stability over innovation is the new motto. Trust me, my uncle works there

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
cigars are so good sometimes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

cigars are so good sometimes

Been meaning to get into cigars for years, maybe it’s time…

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

this would not only be a sick idea but a natural follow-up for nintendo's amiibo. now instead of getting a link action figure and a mario action figure, you just get gamecubes. more game cubes, more power

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

im sorry i didnt respond initially but i was working on my idea for the octocube: mario 2

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

im sorry i didnt respond initially but i was working on my idea for the octocube: mario 2

I don’t think it’s out of pocket to suggest you should be locked up in a POW camp, for your own sake and the sake of everyone else.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

POW Block, anyone?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Alaois posted:

POW Block, anyone?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
makin this into a t-shirt for Double Or Nothing and I'm going to get real mad when people refuse to wear it and totally ruin the vibe

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Alaois posted:

POW Block, anyone?

Lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That DICK! posted:

how come mjeff gets to be ridley

Because I'm the only person on this subforum insane enough to be really really really into Metroid lore.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Did you know that until recently there was a minor break in the canon regarding Ridley, as the timeline goes Metroid > Metroid Prime Trilogy > Metroid 2 > Super > etc., and in Metroid Prime 3, you fight Omega Ridley, who's all hopped up on cybernetic enhancements and he loving gets atomized at the end of the game, but then two games later, in Super, he just shows up again, totally fine, no cybernetic enhancements. This among other minor blips sewn throughout both games. always made the Prime games, developed by American developed Retro Studios, feel weirdly separate from the mainline games, all directed by Yoshio Sakamoto. But back in 2017, with the release of Metroid: Samus Returns, by MercuryStream, this break was finally healed with the secret boss of that game, Proteus Ridley.

See, he has some cybernetic parts, but not a bunch of them. So now there's a clear line from "fully cybernetic" to "kinda cybernetic" to "not cybernetic". As someone who was a fan of the series for a long time and was always mildly bothered by the game from 1994 and the game from 2006 not getting along with each other, this was very meaningful to me.

Also I always thought it was cute that Samus Returns and AM2R, the fan remake, despite both being developed COMPLETELY separately, both had basically the exact same post-credits scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZN8LSqa62I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVaPtCjdfK8

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

called it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MJeff posted:

Did you know that until recently there was a minor break in the canon regarding Ridley, as the timeline goes Metroid > Metroid Prime Trilogy > Metroid 2 > Super > etc., and in Metroid Prime 3, you fight Omega Ridley, who's all hopped up on cybernetic enhancements and he loving gets atomized at the end of the game, but then two games later, in Super, he just shows up again, totally fine, no cybernetic enhancements. This among other minor blips sewn throughout both games. always made the Prime games, developed by American developed Retro Studios, feel weirdly separate from the mainline games, all directed by Yoshio Sakamoto. But back in 2017, with the release of Metroid: Samus Returns, by MercuryStream, this break was finally healed with the secret boss of that game, Proteus Ridley.

See, he has some cybernetic parts, but not a bunch of them. So now there's a clear line from "fully cybernetic" to "kinda cybernetic" to "not cybernetic". As someone who was a fan of the series for a long time and was always mildly bothered by the game from 1994 and the game from 2006 not getting along with each other, this was very meaningful to me.

Also I always thought it was cute that Samus Returns and AM2R, the fan remake, despite both being developed COMPLETELY separately, both had basically the exact same post-credits scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZN8LSqa62I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVaPtCjdfK8

that's not quite accurate, but well done nonetheless.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

NienNunb posted:

Been meaning to get into cigars for years, maybe it’s time…

they're good, when you're starting out it's best to have a smaller one with a sugary drink or cocktail. keeps the nausea from building if you're not used to nicotine.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

black and milds also rule. When I did smoke it was either black and milds or cigars.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

smoking cigars and drinking negronis at the TWA Hotel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Think I'm just gonna skip it and become a Pipe Guy. Cigars are an incontrovertible indicator of being an rear end in a top hat with zero exceptions but a pipe at least confers wisdom right up until your inevitable death from lung cancer.