Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
She’s some lady who’s both crazy AND rich Asian!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Blue Raider posted:

I hate Star Wars

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

as far as forced iconic images go, I think the third eye googly eye thing is one of the better ones. it perfectly encapsulates the film's theme

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Oh yeah from one of the Pierce Brosnan Bond movies

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

khwarezm posted:

I do kind of get it from that POV, you grew up playing Star Wars Battlefront, Knights of the Old Republic and watching the Clone Wars cartoons. There was a huge media push for that era of Star Wars using a lot of the same settings and visuals from the Prequels, if you loved all of that stuff its going to be pretty hard to admit that the actual movies they are drawing from were baaaaaad.

I am looking forward to kids in 20 years talking about how Rise of Skywalker was unfairly maligned because they really liked the Fallen Order games and the Mandalorian tv show by the same measure.

knights of the old republic, battlefront and republic commando are legit great games independent of the fact that they take place in the universe of star wars.

rogue squadron loving sucked though, don't believe the hype

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

guy who's only seen kristen schaal: this michelle yeoh is giving me kristen schaal vibes

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Presto posted:

She also had a role in the hit TV series Star Track Discovery.

Yeoh has so much charisma the other characters on the show can’t help but love her even though her character is a genocidal fascist who hates everyone.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Before I can formulate a position on this I need to know who Kristen shaal is

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

kalel posted:

rogue squadron loving sucked though, don't believe the hype

I liked the Battle for Naboo spinoff. But Episode One Racer is the superior N64 Phantom Menace game.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I don't know what this poo poo is, but I can tell you it was shot in canada

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I don't know what this poo poo is, but I can tell you it was shot in canada

I think that's tokyo gore police, which was indeed shot in vancouver

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm going to use this at every birthday I have from now until the end of time

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Endless Trash posted:

Yeoh has so much charisma the other characters on the show can’t help but love her even though her character is a genocidal fascist who hates everyone.

Wait, you *watched* it?

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i really just dont be watching thing s

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

"We won your freedom, Anakin! You're not a slave anymore. Oh, but now you have to follow our code, which tells you what you can do and what you're allowed to feel and think. And, oh boy this is a little awkward, you, uh, have to call me master."

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Presto posted:

Wait, you *watched* it?

I work for the AV Club and give each episode at least a B

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Michelle Yeoh was great in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. The whole fight she does with Zhang Ziyi where she is trying out different weapons ruled.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

FeculentWizardTits posted:

"We won your freedom, Anakin! You're not a slave anymore. Oh, but now you have to follow our code, which tells you what you can do and what you're allowed to feel and think. And, oh boy this is a little awkward, you, uh, have to call me master."

"Your mom? What about her?"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blade Runner 2049 kind of sucked, so I expect blade runner 2099 will fully suck

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

oh gently caress off you

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Barudak posted:

Blade Runner 2049 kind of sucked, so I expect blade runner 2099 will fully suck

There are parts of the story I thought didn't really work, like the underground resistance subplot, but the overall result is a great film. There are aspects of the original that I don't really like too, but I still think it's amazing.

Wasn't there an animated series recently? I don't think it did very well, so yeah, it's not the setting necessarily that makes it work, it's the overall level of artistry - just like every other thing that's been filmed.

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024

Meat Wagon posted:

michelle yeoh had never actually acted in a movie before eeaao

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
i don't give a poo poo about no bladerunner tv show unless they start making more bubblegum crisis (with the sonoda designs, not the reboot)

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

bubblegum crisis? sounds like some weeboo issue

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 8, 2024

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

A bubblegum crisis? You have to chew it out!!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, she really did do that poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du2LeN47QIw

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
rowdy roddy piper had a bubblegum crisis once

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eAlbzhEb0A

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

He described bubblegum crisis very wrong and I’m upset

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
my favourite part about that is pierre hates case closed, which is the english title for detective CONAN

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

in my head i read most of the posts in this thread in the voice and cadence of pierre bernard

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I have a passing fondness for Kristen shaal, but I don't understand how to use her as a verb. When someone is Kristen Schaaled is that supposed to mean they are in a lot of things now? Does that mean to be Kristen Schaaled is to be successful at acting?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

PostNouveau posted:

Oh yeah, she really did do that poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du2LeN47QIw

It wasn’t even the most dangerous thing she did in the movie (she fell off the front of a moving car doing 40mph) e: o poo poo they show that bit at the end

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Stink Billyums posted:

my favourite part about that is pierre hates case closed, which is the english title for detective CONAN

If that was intentional, then I can forgive his gross misrepresentation of Bubblegum Crisis

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I haven’t seen it but I know the ending is that the social worker wants the baby because her husband recently had a horrible head injury that has given him the mind of an infant, and she wants him to have a playmate.

lol again

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

counterfeitsaint posted:

I have a passing fondness for Kristen shaal, but I don't understand how to use her as a verb. When someone is Kristen Schaaled is that supposed to mean they are in a lot of things now? Does that mean to be Kristen Schaaled is to be successful at acting?

I guess but it wasn't a great analogy anyway. Awkwafina or chris pratt have gone from zero to being in everything faster.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

that dick is being savaged here in the kristen schaal fan thread

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Mega64 posted:

Mike read this post and instantly aged ten years.

Mike ain't have ten years left in him.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Jason Manzoukis definitely got Kristen Schaaled though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Before I can formulate a position on this I need to know who Kristen shaal is

(Derogatory)