Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

hemale in pain posted:

I never really got why these people don't just disapear and live a life of luxury after they make the first few million. They never seem that happy making 'content' and they don't have to anymore!

because numbers must go up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
They’d never get to the level where they could just go live a happy life of luxury without having the broken brain that prevents them from doing that when they reach that point. It’s a conundrum.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Mr beast is epic

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

holtemon posted:

Lol guess which one was made this year and which was made 40 years ago

Wait until the cybrtruck hits 88mph

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lord Stimperor posted:

Wait until the cybrtruck hits 88mph

Does it break down or blow up?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Bananana posted:

Both

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

So some component it in turns into water at 88?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Saw this in another thread, and moments like this make me glad I can't get into Twitter anymore. Whatever the full context is, it's probably stupider then I can possibly imagine.

https://twitter.com/FCTwenteBenson/status/1787865709755748657

They are currently security for Conor "Is a multiple rapist" McGregor.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

The Bananana posted:

When the Cybrtruck hits 88mph it travels right back into 1933

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Kit Walker posted:

lmao, finally saw a cybertruck in Manhattan. In midtown, of course. It had a bigass Grateful Dead logo sticker on the back. It does look like a dumpster from the back, but honestly I don’t think it’s that big of a car? Might be because I’m used to seeing the biggest, stupidest trucks around here but it was about the same size as the other trucks parked around it

don't look back, you can never look back

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Lord Stimperor posted:

But I thought Back to the Future III was in the 1880s?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Just saw my first trvck here in NoVA. Still looks ridiculous.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

hemale in pain posted:

I never really got why these people don't just disapear and live a life of luxury after they make the first few million. They never seem that happy making 'content' and they don't have to anymore!
You don't get to be a massive streamer without a bunch of sponsorship deals, and those deals probably have contracts stipulating that you have to put out X videos per month showing the company's product or <insert legal consequences that a 15-25 year old doesn't want to deal with>. I imagine that most of these streamers don't hit the "burnout" phase until they're already stuck in these contracts.

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

Slotducks posted:

If I have 1 optimus bot and it builds another optimus bot i can use 2 optimus bots to create 2 optimus i can then use the 4 optimus bots to make 4 more optimus bots then i can use the 8 optimus bots to make 8 optimus bots then i can use 16 optimus bots to make 16 optimus bots then i can use 32 optimus bots to make 32 optimus bots

we will defeat the spam paperclipper bots by making them pay $1

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

You don't get to be a massive streamer without a bunch of sponsorship deals, and those deals probably have contracts stipulating that you have to put out X videos per month showing the company's product or <insert legal consequences that a 15-25 year old doesn't want to deal with>. I imagine that most of these streamers don't hit the "burnout" phase until they're already stuck in these contracts.

yeah, was just gonna post something along these lines. Mr. Beast has commitments at this points and targets to reach. He can't just walk way.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

AARP LARPer posted:

yeah, was just gonna post something along these lines. Mr. Beast has commitments at this points and targets to reach. He can't just walk way.

He can stop making new commitments and just finish out the ones he has

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Lord Stimperor posted:

I assumed it was set to 9 November 1938 and the controls were removed

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He can stop making new commitments and just finish out the ones he has

It seems a lot more likely his LLC made the commitments, not him personally. He can walk away when he feels like it - it's more that the personality that makes someone a successful streamer/vlogger/influencer is not one that lends itself to walking away from being the center of attention.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol.

"im a self made , boot straps independent person" *is a media puppet that has to hustle for a on cam persona and has to use off cam hours to constantly plan on cam stuff*

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

His term should be up soon. We will vote for a new Mr. Beast

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

shyduck posted:

His term should be up soon. We will vote for a new Mr. Beast

Is the world ready to elect a Ms. Beast??

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
99% of what guys with Cybertrucks or F150s consider "TRUCK STUFF" is things I could easily do with my Kia Rio while having an easier time parking.

https://x.com/LamarMK/status/1782614929884770399

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol they are really instakilling the wiper motor because the wiper is so huge

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This happened once so I did it again???

https://twitter.com/pulse_hex/status/1786320343126151384

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Still love the truck though

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

WHY ARE BOLTS ALWAYS MISSING

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

Is the world ready to elect a Ms. Beast??

I will not eat a 7/11 chocolate bar sold by :females:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

WhyteRyce posted:

If you need 100 bolts for your car and you skip out on using 5 of them then you’ve just reduced the cost of production by 5%. You’d have to be an idiot not to do it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Entropic posted:

99% of what guys with Cybertrucks or F150s consider "TRUCK STUFF" is things I could easily do with my Kia Rio while having an easier time parking.

TRUCK STUFF: objects can be placed in the compartment

*No you cannot watch me hurl them in with abandon or otherwise

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Entropic posted:

Isn't this the guy whose truck broke down almost immediately and it's been in the shop ever since?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
truck stuff, two bags on a shopping cart.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Murdstone posted:

Isn't this the guy whose truck broke down almost immediately and it's been in the shop ever since?

https://twitter.com/LamarMK/status/1774207552911249895

https://twitter.com/LamarMK/status/1786117014408286364

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

let's do some TRUCK STUFF!!!

*buys an amount of bottled water and soil that would fit easily inside a mazda demio*

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Murdstone posted:

It is a guy whose truck broke down almost immediately

The Bible
May 8, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

I really think I could build a better truck in my garage using off-the-shelf parts and salvaged garbage.

I'm not saying I'm good at building vehicles, but I just don't think the bar is too high here. A go-kart is pretty close to being better than a cybertruck.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

WhyteRyce posted:

Didn't Tesla only actually ship/sell like 3,000 of these or something? How many still work lol like all these ones we've seen so far are just the people who posted about it online

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Neo Rasa posted:

Didn't Tesla only actually ship/sell like 3,000 of these or something? How many still work lol like all these ones we've seen so far are just the people who posted about it online

Xbox 360 RROD-tier failure rate having rear end

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

You’ve narrowed it down to approximately 3000 people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierAlexander
Mar 22, 2024

by Pragmatica

Slotducks posted:

If I have 1 optimus bot and it builds another optimus bot i can use 2 optimus bots to create 2 optimus i can then use the 4 optimus bots to make 4 more optimus bots then i can use the 8 optimus bots to make 8 optimus bots then i can use 16 optimus bots to make 16 optimus bots then i can use 32 optimus bots to make 32 optimus bots

People were afraid of grey goo nanobots. This fear created a demand and the invisible hand of the market stirred.