Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

yeah, it's a fun joke to imagine the world getting better

tee hee ^_^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

Laterite posted:

this would further ensure the democrats' destruction, so ... yes.

I said Newsom because they'd actually go for him, he smart, and he's quick-witted enough to run circles around Trump and humiliate him.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like this fantasy world liberals live in where they think Trump supporters will be discouraged because a liberal owned them in a debate or whatever, instead of (correctly) just viewing the liberal as a smug prick.

Trump Supporter: I'm feeling really upset because Gavin Newsome defeated Trump's argument with Facts and Logic...guess I better stay home

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kopmala posted:

I said Newsom because they'd actually go for him, he smart, and he's quick-witted enough to run circles around Trump and humiliate him.

Gruesome Gavin wouldn't be as demoralizing for dem voters as Biden, but he's also perfect for repeating 2016 and galvanizing gop voters who'd have stayed home otherwise.

Ytlaya posted:

I like this fantasy world liberals live in where they think Trump supporters will be discouraged because a liberal owned them in a debate or whatever, instead of (correctly) just viewing the liberal as a smug prick.

Trump Supporter: I'm feeling really upset because Gavin Newsome defeated Trump's argument with Facts and Logic...guess I better stay home
Exactly, not to mention he's slimey and has many skeletons in his closet. Gavin will run for president eventually, but he is not a strong candidate anywhere except the states already locked in.

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 11:59 on May 5, 2024

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Kopmala posted:

There has to be a way to pressure the DNC to dump Biden and nominate Newsome.

lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

thank you mr re-reg

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

The Voice of Labor posted:

all hopes that kamala would be the final stake in the heart of the democratic party mechanism are dashed when she, clousseau like, absolutely unintentionally, through stumbling, missteps and errors and blunders, klutzes the country to economic and foreign policy stability
History doesn’t just come out of the barrel of a gun, it falls out of a coconut tree

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

This touches on the point that it's safe to say that no one's opinion of Trump is in flux at this point, there's no one who is going to do a 180 on Trump in either direction. The guy has literally already been president, there are no more unknown unknowns. Biden's administration's actions determine Biden's relative popularity in comparison to Trump wholly.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Ytlaya posted:

I like this fantasy world liberals live in where they think Trump supporters will be discouraged because a liberal owned them in a debate or whatever, instead of (correctly) just viewing the liberal as a smug
Trump’s supporters are going to take up arms and kill us all, which is why voting is more important than it’s ever been

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Halloween Jack posted:

Trump’s supporters are going to take up arms and kill us all, which is why voting is more important than it’s ever been

Alex Garland, I loved your new movie! I didn't realize you've been a poster this whole time

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
I just saw that movie and it's going to be another stone in my monument to hating liberals

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ClassActionFursuit posted:

This touches on the point that it's safe to say that no one's opinion of Trump is in flux at this point, there's no one who is going to do a 180 on Trump in either direction. The guy has literally already been president, there are no more unknown unknowns. Biden's administration's actions determine Biden's relative popularity in comparison to Trump wholly.

No. They will be crushed and discouraged when Gavin charismatically points out the inaccuracy of things Trump has said. Trump will comically go "a-bluh-bluh?!" and his supporters will think "I thought he was strong...but I guess I was wrong."

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If Biden died the expectation would be to run Kamala as the incumbent. They'd never do that since they want the first woman President to come to power in a historic landslide victory.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

We're nine years removed from Escalator Day now, and they have not learned.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

If Biden died the expectation would be to run Kamala as the incumbent. They'd never do that since they want the first woman President to be white.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ClassActionFursuit posted:

The Democrats will get the voters to take Trump on his word about Project 2025 anyyyyyyy day now…

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

counterpoint: americans are so divorced from having cogent stable ideologies or opinions grounded in history or fact that this election, like all the others in living memory, will be decided by people flipping a coin or having their minds made up for them by some sensationalist thing in the last week of october/first week of november

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

super sweet best pal posted:

If Biden died the expectation would be to run Kamala as the incumbent. They'd probably do that because they're dumb as gently caress

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

Ytlaya posted:

bitch call me a liberal one more time

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Kopmala posted:

bitch call me a liberal one more time

liberal

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

the NSA has been alerted. you are toast, kid

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Kopmala posted:

the NSA has been alerted. you are toast, kid

sut..... da fuk up

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Voice of Labor posted:

counterpoint: americans are so divorced from having cogent stable ideologies or opinions grounded in history or fact that this election, like all the others in living memory, will be decided by people flipping a coin or having their minds made up for them by some sensationalist thing in the last week of october/first week of november

This is literally every 'undecided voter' and it's lol how liberals are obsessed with the most impressively oblivious people on earth

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
There are 4 people running in my district's DemoKKKratic primary. I'm voting for Guzman because she's the only one who isn't a veteran.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/dave_brown24/status/1787928735414419712

:thunk:

6 months until genocidin' biden loses

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

Lol, they dont want to print a blatant lie about there being no genocide even though Joe supports the genocide.

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.

Kopmala posted:

There has to be a way to pressure the DNC to dump Biden and nominate Newsome.

I'd rather have Trump.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1787833632268091669

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
If Donald Trump is elected he'll make Joe Biden's concentration camps worse!

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

If Donald Trump is elected he'll make Joe Biden's concentration camps worse!

Why he might even deny the children the opportunity to work graveyard shifts in meatpacking plants that Joe Biden generously gave them! In Biden's day a child was entitled to a factory job at an age appropriate pay rate!

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

genocide, mass deportations, a president whose brains are trickling out his ears - all a chilling preview of what Donald trump’s America will look like

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

what reaction have the pod save people had towards bidens handlig of israel and the campus protests?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you wonder what the podjons have to think about a particular situation, it is time to log off for a while.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if you wonder what the podjons have to think about a particular situation, it is time to log off for a while.

dont care about their opinions for their opinions, but their listeners are representative of a certain kind of liberal so if they are wavering at all it would be really bad for the dems

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1788203013842059298

wow that's weird!

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Who could have foreseen this happening? Ah well.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/demsocsean/status/1787982937125757082

https://twitter.com/dwdavison/status/1788053668962369846

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Megamissen posted:

what reaction have the pod save people had towards bidens handlig of israel and the campus protests?

Skimming through one of the most recent ones, a host basically saying "I find the ramifications of the protesters' views abhorrent, but what they are actually protesting are the inhumane and despicable conduct of this war," and a guest saying the protesters are dumb because they aren't protesting Hamas for preventing a ceasefire and calling the protesters anti-Semetic. Main tone seems to be gentle, polite pushback against Zionist war crimes.

PostNouveau has issued a correction as of 18:08 on May 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Megamissen posted:

dont care about their opinions for their opinions, but their listeners are representative of a certain kind of liberal so if they are wavering at all it would be really bad for the dems

they're mildly critical, but follow up any mild criticism with "don't get me wrong though, i'm still campaigning and voting for Biden"