Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

C. Everett Koop posted:

I thought they werent changing the structure of the ride but just all of the theming around it.
They didn't change the track, but it's got all new animatronics. Or at least somewhat new, I don't know what's been repurposed. They showed off Mama Odie and it was the impressive Tokyo stuff.

e: They’ve now removed Tiana from the list of MNSSHP rides, so who knows what’s going on.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Isn’t Caribbean Beach gigantic? So unless you’re lucky enough to get a room near the Skyliner, it’s not gonna be very convenient. Never stayed there myself.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nanigans posted:

Isn’t Caribbean Beach gigantic? So unless you’re lucky enough to get a room near the Skyliner, it’s not gonna be very convenient. Never stayed there myself.

That’s what I’ve heard, yeah. I haven’t stayed there though, so I don’t know if it’s so huge that it outweighs the skyliner access.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

They were running empty boats on Tiana’s all day today

I heard about the opening being announced for MNSSHP but quickly deleted. Theory seems to be it’s so people don’t immediately buy up all the tickets just to ride the new attraction.

Tomorrow is HS in the morning for a little bit, then Skylining over to Epcot to spend the rest of our time before we have to catch our flight home at 10PM :gonk:

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Nanigans posted:

When we went last month we just called after booking the room online and requested a room in the Aruba section. That got us a room right next to the Riviera skyliner station.

It's a big place, but the scenery's nice so the walk across for breakfast isn't that bad, and if you're right next to the skyliner you'll probably just want to hit up Epcot/HS for breakfast instead. You walk further from the Hollywood Studios skyliner to any attraction at HS. Alternatively, it's about a similar walk from the 80's section of Pop Century to the skyliner there.

Also don't sleep on Banana Cabana, the drinks there are really underrated.

Icedude fucked around with this message at 08:43 on May 8, 2024

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Aphrodite posted:

When does Universal usually start selling the multi-night HHN passes?

In recent years it hasn’t been until most of the houses are revealed. I have some marketing emails from 2022 that mention them dated late July.

There’s always some fear in the community that “this is the year they stop selling them” that has thus far been unfounded. A gap between single day tickets and multi-day tickets has become the norm.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

When does Universal usually start selling the multi-night HHN passes?

It was mid-July last year. I know because my wife and I literally getting lunch at Volcano Bay when I saw that they dropped. I think it was quite literally the day before they announced Stranger Things 4.

Cais posted:

In recent years it hasn’t been until most of the houses are revealed. I have some marketing emails from 2022 that mention them dated late July.

There’s always some fear in the community that “this is the year they stop selling them” that has thus far been unfounded. A gap between single day tickets and multi-day tickets has become the norm.

Yeah, if they were going to stop selling them, we'd know already. I do wonder what they do to Rush of Fear this year. It was a problematic pass for capacity management last year and definitely inverted the slow and busy periods of HHN.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

got Halloween Party tickets for when we're there for Gartner :hellyeah:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Just got back from our first trip with the 6 month old. It was fantastic, new Epcot show is amazing and might be my favorite night time show currently.
May the fourth was a blast, got to see a lot of cool outfits and laugh at the people standing in 3+ hour lines for popcorn buckets and darth maul lightsabers.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Doing a last minute trip to Hershey park tomorrow. What are the can't miss rides?

Storm Runner
Sky Rush
Candymonium
Wildcats Revenge

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Hershey squirt

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I forgot to mention— last weekend when I went to the parks with my wife’s side of the family, I got all of the in-laws to look for, and love, the bug-eating goblin man on Flight of Passage.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Doing a last minute trip to Hershey park tomorrow. What are the can't miss rides?

Storm Runner
Sky Rush
Candymonium
Wildcats Revenge

Eating 40 to 50 standard size peanut butter cups.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Rough roller coasters hurt my head. I’ve been so spoiled by Velocicoaster, StormRunner was roughhhhh

Oh my god the chocolate factory tour dark ride has animatronic cows singing an original song. This is the best ride in the park, hands down.

BlueBayou fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 11, 2024

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Finally got on Rat at Paris. Jeez, worst trackless ride I’ve been on by far. The screens are pretty vomit inducing.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I think that depends on where your vehicle is positioned relative to the screen.

I...like the ride? There's some fun parts to it, but needs more physical objects and less screens.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

BlueBayou posted:

Oh my god the chocolate factory tour dark ride has animatronic cows singing an original song. This is the best ride in the park, hands down.

From my recollection of visiting 12 years ago, I agree that it's the best ride there. You don't even need to pay park admission for it either!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hazo posted:

I forgot to mention— last weekend when I went to the parks with my wife’s side of the family, I got all of the in-laws to look for, and love, the bug-eating goblin man on Flight of Passage.

The what?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Oh ho ho! The sights we have to show you. He's my drat navi spirit animal. Last 10 seconds of that ride look straight down and to the right a bit and see him go full hog on a bug

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Dugong posted:

Finally got on Rat at Paris. Jeez, worst trackless ride I’ve been on by far. The screens are pretty vomit inducing.
It’s underwhelming and the line is atrocious.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
World Showcase definitely needed another actual ride, but Rat is definitely not good enough to justify not really fitting actually nevermind let's not open that can of worms.

But the screens are poorly executed because you're supposed to be a rat on the floor, but you can see the actual stationary floor at the edge of the screen which portrays a moving floor. This is probably disorienting for some people. In Spider-Man and Transformers, the shape of the vehicles frames your vision to the screens and you can't see the floor.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I have none of these issues with ratatouille at wdw, luckly.
Please demolish mission to mars and refurb the pre greenhouse portion of "the land", and fix figment.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I'm not a Mission Space fan, but Epcot already has so much wasted space that demolishing a functional ride because you personally don't care for it is overkill. We're talking about the park that avoided redoing the health pavilion, what, twice now? Odyssey's run as a preview center amid the pandemic was the first real use of that space in at least 20 years.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

It can be replaced with a ride that people like and don't puke on

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

World Showcase definitely needed another actual ride, but Rat is definitely not good enough to justify not really fitting actually nevermind let's not open that can of worms.

But the screens are poorly executed because you're supposed to be a rat on the floor, but you can see the actual stationary floor at the edge of the screen which portrays a moving floor. This is probably disorienting for some people. In Spider-Man and Transformers, the shape of the vehicles frames your vision to the screens and you can't see the floor.

The Minions ride has that issue too.

It’s a giant cavernous room, you can see the edges of the screen like a regular old movie theater.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Looks like Tiana opens at Magic Kingdom June 28th. Looks like we'll miss the opening by a couple weeks, we'll be going the second week of June.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Upsidads posted:

for flight of the avatar I love looking straight down and a bit to the right at the very end about 5 seconds before the ride ends to see a navi eating a bug dude wings and all

Upsidads posted:

6:19 bottom right corner even on highest rez you cant make him out but in person that lil goblin man is eating some weird poo poo with bug wings on it

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

The Minions ride has that issue too.

It’s a giant cavernous room, you can see the edges of the screen like a regular old movie theater.

Yup, this is one of the reasons I say Fallon is actually the best of the three theater-based simulators at USF. Simpsons actually has the highest count in the park for making people puke. I'd wager its because of the very aggressive movement combined with the extreme curve of the screen.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Upsidads posted:

Oh ho ho! The sights we have to show you. He's my drat navi spirit animal. Last 10 seconds of that ride look straight down and to the right a bit and see him go full hog on a bug

Homie no one is awake by this point in the ride

Edit: Lmao I mixed this ride up with the boring river ride

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

CelticPredator posted:

River ride is too short to fall asleep on. And then that lady is shouting at you at the end

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
River Journey is fine, it’s no different than all the other slow moving classic Disney rides. The dislike comes from the inflated wait times due to its low capacity. If you Lightning Lane it or with a short wait at the end of the night I think you will like it more.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
River Journey good

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
River Journey feels like Living With The Land but for an imaginary planet and it's pretty cool. It is way too short for the queue length though. Similarly Ratatouille was pretty great in Paris back in 2017 when I first rode it, but it's not a 2022 brand new tech must ride, and the Disney World queue really is too long to be worth it.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

CelticPredator posted:

You just haven’t been touched by Eywa that’s all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Yup, this is one of the reasons I say Fallon is actually the best of the three theater-based simulators at USF. Simpsons actually has the highest count in the park for making people puke. I'd wager its because of the very aggressive movement combined with the extreme curve of the screen.

I've only done it once because it's Fallon, but yeah mechanically the ride seems to be very good.

Just the content of course is a piece of poo poo abusive jerk and his misogynist and racist caricatures.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Upsidads posted:

I have none of these issues with ratatouille at wdw, luckly.
Please demolish mission to mars and refurb the pre greenhouse portion of "the land", and fix figment.

I still love mission space - I'll say it 100 times in here. It's a lovely space simulator but a brilliant "2000s space movie" simulator, which was heightened back when Gary Sinise was doing the pre-show and Destiny was the exit music. I also love the nervous laugh that happens every time when the thing really picks up and everyone realizes this is serious.

Arquinsiel posted:

River Journey feels like Living With The Land but for an imaginary planet and it's pretty cool. It is way too short for the queue length though.

If River Journey were a longer ride it would have been hailed as a triumph of modern imagineering, I think. Just a very chill vibe through cool sets with some but not overwhelming screens, and a killer animatronic to pay off. A perfect C/D-ticket attraction. As is, though, it really is over before you know it.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Mission Space rocks, I rode it next to a bunch of squealing teenagers during after hours and we collectively decided to fully buy into the fiction together. A+ trip to space.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

The best part is gone and that was watching Gary Senise's eyes read the cue card.
https://youtu.be/rrtIiffiEWk?si=Yux65LrwTqgKswT2
Watch dem peepers

River journey would have benefited from one decent non navi critter animatronic

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 13, 2024

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

if they bulldozed mission: space and left its ride corpse on display for all to see, it would be too good for that ride.

I also 100% support a remix of Figment's ride and an update to the pre-greenhouse area of Living with the Land but not the animatronic and greenery parts. The ancient videos that tell you WE'RE GRINDING LEAVES DOWN TO USE AS FERTILIZER! Give us new info. And also just let me ride it for like three solid hours and take a good, quiet nap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2024/05/tianas-bayou-adventure-opens-june-28-at-walt-disney-world/

June 28th. Word on the street is AP/CM/DVC preview info on Tuesday.

I may have booked a park reservation for the 28th when the rumor dropped lol.