Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

wemgo posted:

I ran a T17 and every single mob was a 20 ft tall goatman.

The loot was “good” and the situation was hilarious, but i used all my portals before even finding the boss arena.

I typically leap slam my way to the boss arena first just clearing what I have to, kill the boss and then backtrack and lose all my portals in the map afterwards.

Also Mynna I figured out another reason that guy is running Ralakesh. He has the +rage eldritch enchant on his gloves which is feeding berserk which let him get rid of blood rage and then just use Ralakesh to stock power/frenzy charges or w/e.

Getting silly now:
98m DPS frenzied
119m with adrenaline active lmao

https://pobb.in/NwF5bXSalDu5

Extra style points for the foil impossible escape

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

I typically leap slam my way to the boss arena first just clearing what I have to, kill the boss and then backtrack and lose all my portals in the map afterwards.

Also Mynna I figured out another reason that guy is running Ralakesh. He has the +rage eldritch enchant on his gloves which is feeding berserk which let him get rid of blood rage and then just use Ralakesh to stock power/frenzy charges or w/e.

Getting silly now:
98m DPS frenzied
119m with adrenaline active lmao

https://pobb.in/NwF5bXSalDu5

Extra style points for the foil impossible escape

He’s using both, because they do different things. Blood Rage is just Righteous Fire for attack builds, providing a constant passive buff (20% attack speed) at the cost of a degen. Berserk, meanwhile, is a high power but low uptime buff - the gloves take 50 seconds to max out rage, but Berserk spends it in ~6 seconds.

However, rage also gives 1% attack damage and 0.5% attack speed/move speed per point, and that ramps up to 50 points and stays there as long as you have gained rage or been hit recently, so that’s the other value of the glove implicit. Arguably the main value - you have to have stronger sources of rage generation for Berserk to be more than a once per map/once per boss fight ability (or be running t17s I guess)

Ralakesh does replace the chance for frenzy charge on hit from the Mark mastery on the tree, though.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Can anyone help me understand why my hit DPS in PoB is an order of magnitude below this guide?

I know there's a few things missing (need to do Uber Lab, wearing xp helm instead of stats/defensive helm, bow and quiver could be better, awakened support gems and other gem quality), but is that really the difference between 450k DPS and 3M? I'm just looking at regular Lightning Arrow damage here, not the "full dps" with the ballistas etc.

me: https://poe.ninja/pob/1FFy

late guide: https://poe.ninja/pob/1FG1

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Can anyone help me understand why my hit DPS in PoB is an order of magnitude below this guide?

I know there's a few things missing (need to do Uber Lab, wearing xp helm instead of stats/defensive helm, bow and quiver could be better, awakened support gems and other gem quality), but is that really the difference between 450k DPS and 3M? I'm just looking at regular Lightning Arrow damage here, not the "full dps" with the ballistas etc.

For one thing, you had "Enable Vaal Lightning Arrow" checked, not "Enable Lightning Arrow" on the skills page.

On the config tab, you also need to:
-tick the checkbox for frenzy and power charges
-Set "Lowest Resonance Count" to 50
-Put in a number for "Projectile travel distance" (build guide has it at 400)
-Tick the box for Enemy is Ignited/Chilled/Frozen/Shocked, enter a value for Shock (I put 15 to match the guide) and, since you're using The Taming, enter "# of Freeze/Shock/Ignite on enemy" (put 3 for that)
-Set "Is the enemy a Boss" to "Guardian/Pinnacle" so you're comparing against the same kind of target.

Do all that, and your lightning arrow DPS is ~1.7m... per arrow.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Thanks! That makes a lot more sense, the damage feels pretty good so I knew I was missing some settings. I think the biggest ones were charges and trinity support.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mynnna posted:

He’s using both, because they do different things. Blood Rage is just Righteous Fire for attack builds, providing a constant passive buff (20% attack speed) at the cost of a degen. Berserk, meanwhile, is a high power but low uptime buff - the gloves take 50 seconds to max out rage, but Berserk spends it in ~6 seconds.

However, rage also gives 1% attack damage and 0.5% attack speed/move speed per point, and that ramps up to 50 points and stays there as long as you have gained rage or been hit recently, so that’s the other value of the glove implicit. Arguably the main value - you have to have stronger sources of rage generation for Berserk to be more than a once per map/once per boss fight ability (or be running t17s I guess)

Ralakesh does replace the chance for frenzy charge on hit from the Mark mastery on the tree, though.

For now I took the +10% attack speed edritch buff on my gloves over rage because A) Rage is a lot harder to roll and B) I gave up a ton of attack speed to switch to crit to the point where it almost felt like there was a windup on SS and that isn't great when I'm a lot more fragile than I was before. I need application of damage to be as close to instant as possible to stay alive longer. I found a a nice balance though and it seems to be working well. Have yet to try an uber but T17s are pretty easy now (assuming I don't end up with map mod doom)

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

bawfuls posted:

Biggest thing you need to do is fix your flasks. A diamond flask with Attack Speed suffix will almost cap your crit and give you a whooping 30% more damage. You're only 1% fire resistance off of being capped without the Quicksilver flask. The suffix on the Silver flask is basically useless. You're missing a Movement Speed suffix and Reduced Curse Effect

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
This reminds me that I should probably rework all my flasks to gain charges on crit.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

This reminds me that I should probably rework all my flasks to gain charges on crit.

Flask charge on crit has an internal cooldown that is shared between all flasks with this mod (and other sources of the mod, like a Precision Watcher's Eye). With the ICD and server tick rate you're limited to a total ~7.5 flask charges per second, which is enough to fuel your most important 1 or 2 flasks. The others should get a different prefix.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Wuxi posted:

Flask charge on crit has an internal cooldown that is shared between all flasks with this mod (and other sources of the mod, like a Precision Watcher's Eye). With the ICD and server tick rate you're limited to a total ~7.5 flask charges per second, which is enough to fuel your most important 1 or 2 flasks. The others should get a different prefix.

Wild. I would have had no idea. Thank you

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I've completed most pinnacles apart from maven in HC now (I hate the memory game). How deadly are T17's? My character has the DPS for ubers and want to try it, but I might just buy the uber fragments if T17's are abnormally rippy. Also, what uber boss is considered the easiest?

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Captain Foo posted:

Hey you aren’t frank frank

It rolled 4 flasks naturally too!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have experience with farming a specific vial (of dominance) in temple?
I know that you need T3 trap workshop, but im rather interested in the approximate amont of temples you need to run on average for a ny vial to drop.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Mikojan posted:

I've completed most pinnacles apart from maven in HC now (I hate the memory game). How deadly are T17's? My character has the DPS for ubers and want to try it, but I might just buy the uber fragments if T17's are abnormally rippy. Also, what uber boss is considered the easiest?

They are hard but nowhere near as bad as actual ubers. You have to pay attention to the map mods and keep rolling until you get a combination that isn't instant death though. There are a bunch of unique mods so be sure to look up what they do if you're unsure.

Ex: "Influenced by the Shaper" does not mean mobs of shaper monsters - well ok, it does mean that but it also means that the Shaper will appear and repeatedly slam on top of you/fire his beam at you out of nowhere which is loads of fun. There are also mods that reduce your AoE to 0% which bricks a bunch of builds etc. Some maps are worse than others too. People really don't like Fortress for some reason but I can clear Abonination pretty easily now.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

They are hard but nowhere near as bad as actual ubers. You have to pay attention to the map mods and keep rolling until you get a combination that isn't instant death though. There are a bunch of unique mods so be sure to look up what they do if you're unsure.

Ex: "Influenced by the Shaper" does not mean mobs of shaper monsters - well ok, it does mean that but it also means that the Shaper will appear and repeatedly slam on top of you/fire his beam at you out of nowhere which is loads of fun. There are also mods that reduce your AoE to 0% which bricks a bunch of builds etc. Some maps are worse than others too. People really don't like Fortress for some reason but I can clear Abonination pretty easily now.

I find fortress easiest tbh, as far as boss fights. No stupid invuln phases or “fight this other guy” phases or any of that poo poo.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mynnna posted:

I find fortress easiest tbh, as far as boss fights. No stupid invuln phases or “fight this other guy” phases or any of that poo poo.

Also read up on the boss fights for each of them because they're weird and have special mechanics like actual pinnacle fights do and doing them "wrong" will get you killed as I found out p quickly.

E: I've actually only ever seen abomination maps drop except for 1 Sanctuary once I think? I'm pretty sure T17 map type is determined by which map it came from (ex: If you run Jungle Valley, only Abomination maps will drop).

Map bosses:
Abomination - Unholy trinity (Shavronne, Maligaro and Doedre). Fight all 3 at the same time and once all 3 die, they combine into a weird floating lovecraftian blob thing that actually pretty easy to kill. The problem is the order that you kill them in can make this fight very easy or very hard. Shavronne is the most elusive but you want to kill her first because she has huge AoE lightning explosions and will cause you the most headaches. The issue is that she spawns last and you'll have to sit there for a moment dodging the other two if you try and take her out first. If you take out Maligaro, he will spawn an invulnerable ghost clone of himself that will continue to attack until the other two are defeated. If you kill Doedre first (do not do this) she spawns 3 incredibly tanky monoliths which will buff the remaining enemies and will even persist into the final phase if you don't kill them. This is the only fight that I can tell you the mechanics for because it's the only one I've won.

Ziggurat - Uber Catarina (Betrayal final boss). Summons abyss liches.

Fortress - The Unbreakable (Engineer lady's boss from Heist). I got to this boss once a while back before I was really ready to try T17s and it just shot disco lasers everywhere and I died p much immediately.

Sanctuary - Lycia (Sancrum). Summons Beyond bosses (Beidat specifically)

Citadel - Uthred (Expedition). No clue what this weirdo does. I think I'll find out today. Hopefully this isn't the expedition boss that makes that "ring of darkness" an then does teleport stabs that can instakill you. P sure that's a lady though and not Uthred.

Also, it's worth mentioning that just getting to the boss can be difficult depending on what map mods you have. In almost all cases and unless you're really sure of yourself, I would recommend rushing to the boss arena and dropping a portal outside while killing only what you have to in order to get there. Then go back and try to clear the map after the boss is dead.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 8, 2024

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Yeah each map drops in specific other maps; https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Tier_17_map#List_of_tier_17_map_drop_locations

Shaper guardian maps can drop any T17 map, it was one of the nice things about using them when I was running the map farm boss strat.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Shame there's no atlas node to boost T17 map drops - or do you just juice cartography scarabs and run Shaper/Guardian maps?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Anyone have experience with farming a specific vial (of dominance) in temple?
I know that you need T3 trap workshop, but im rather interested in the approximate amont of temples you need to run on average for a ny vial to drop.

I'm pretty sure vials have nothing to do with the rooms and every vial just has an extremely low chance to randomly drop from every boss kill. The trap room is for the unique you would upgrade with the vial.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I've gotten 5 of the same type from the boss (transcendence?) but never seen the others.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Shame there's no atlas node to boost T17 map drops - or do you just juice cartography scarabs and run Shaper/Guardian maps?

Every t16 map drop has a chance to turn into a t17, so everything that boosts your map tiers also boosts the amount of t17s you will get.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

I was doing the thing with influencing scarab of conversion + horned scarab of pandemonium + cartography of duplication + cartography of singularity. Maven witness, all the map effect nodes, all the chance for end bosses to drop guardia/synth maps, and torment wheels for 5 tormented packs and tormented monsters have higher quantity. Result is a whole bunch of map bosses that are guaranteed to drop a unique map, which in turn has a chance to to be converted to a guardian/synth map.

I’m not quite sure if the shaper/sirus/elder guardian maps can convert into t17 (for that matter, if unique maps have a chance to convert as long as they’re t16) but I feel like maybe? I certainly had good results with it dropping T17s, but I don’t know how it compares to, say, like back to basics on 8mod t16 maps with double cartography + cartography of duplication + cartography of ascent (or triple cartography for cartography of duplication, I don’t know if there’s more mileage out of more map drops period or raising more to t16)

mynnna fucked around with this message at 13:49 on May 8, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mynnna posted:

I was doing the thing with influencing scarab of conversion + horned scarab of pandemonium + cartography of duplication + cartography of singularity. Maven witness, all the map effect nodes, all the chance for end bosses to drop guardia/synth maps, and torment wheels for 5 tormented packs and tormented monsters have higher quantity. Result is a whole bunch of map bosses that are guaranteed to drop a unique map, which in turn has a chance to to be converted to a guardian/synth map.

I’m not quite sure if the shaper/sirus/elder guardian maps can convert into t17 (for that matter, if unique maps have a chance to convert as long as they’re t16) but I feel like maybe? I certainly had good results with it dropping T17s, but I don’t know how it compares to, say, like back to basics on 8mod t16 maps with double cartography + cartography of duplication + cartography of ascent (or triple cartography for cartography of duplication, I don’t know if there’s more mileage out of more map drops period or raising more to t16)

I think I'm going to switch with this once I get done futzing around with Incursion and getting good double corrupts of the gems I want. Thanks.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

I dunno what console markets are like but I moved away from it because all the guardian maps are so depressed, fwiw. If you’re just wanting to farm t17 maps specifically you might want to try a set of 8 mod t16 b2b setups instead, just to see if it’s better.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Ultima66 posted:

I'm pretty sure vials have nothing to do with the rooms and every vial just has an extremely low chance to randomly drop from every boss kill. The trap room is for the unique you would upgrade with the vial.

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Vial

quote:

Constructing certain rooms in the temple causes the Omnitect to have a higher chance to drop vials related to that room.

Im pushing the probability of an eventual vial being the correct one, but im missing the actual droprate of any kind of vial and if its viable in ssf; like, if were talking about sub-1% ill not even attempt it, is what i mean.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Yolomon Wayne posted:

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Vial

Im pushing the probability of an eventual vial being the correct one, but im missing the actual droprate of any kind of vial and if its viable in ssf; like, if were talking about sub-1% ill not even attempt it, is what i mean.

So I'm betting Doryani's / Sacrificial Chamber / Locus of Corruption probably boost transcendence then. Makes sense.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

If the “value” in the table there is something like “weight added to the drop table” some of them seem incredibly rare.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Wuxi posted:

Biggest thing you need to do is fix your flasks. A diamond flask with Attack Speed suffix will almost cap your crit and give you a whooping 30% more damage. You're only 1% fire resistance off of being capped without the Quicksilver flask. The suffix on the Silver flask is basically useless. You're missing a Movement Speed suffix and Reduced Curse Effect
Thanks for the reminder, I'm still using several of the flasks I rolled at level 44 when I equipped mageblood. I have some better rolled flasks on my league starter. Hadn't considered the Diamond flask but it seems obvious now. I guess I'd drop the Granite since I have virtually no armor anyway?

edit: Diamond flask with attack speed suffix has noticeably improved power charge uptime already, very nice

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 8, 2024

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
Managed to to beat a T17 without much trouble at all on my home brewed poison minion, Dark Pact, zoomancer build. The whole load out could probably be obtained for less than 10div total, but that may be because I rolled my own +2 minion helm. I was initially pretty sad that the change to Bone Barrier bricked my orginial build (used popcorn srs as a filler/damage spell) but this poison version with the new minion Unholy Might turned out to be way stronger anyway, especially with Dark Pact being able to take advantage of leech/on hit effects.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
I had spent a very long time playing while the in game defence stats page insisted my spell suppression chance was at 100%; however, when going over my build in PoB it insisted my spell suppression chance was only 90%, and provided an itemized list of suppression buffs to back it up.

Is this just a case of in-game calculations being hosed in the same way in-game DPS is completely incorrect?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You are probably using the 10% ss on full life node or a quartz flask somewhere

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Meiteron posted:

Is this just a case of in-game calculations being hosed in the same way in-game DPS is completely incorrect?
this mfer right here has tripped me up more times than I want to admit:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Hey quick question. I understand the difference between "% increased damage" and "% increased global x damage" (one applies to that specific weapon, one applies to your character as a whole) but how does that work for jewels? What does "10% increased damage" mean on a jewel. Is it just increased damage from damage sources coming from the jewel itself? I tried googling but didn't have much luck.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s always global on jewels

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Mikojan posted:

All the people replying to this are failing to mention the actual most deadly thing about T17s: Wretched Defilers. This is a mob that casts a hard-to-see Detonate Dead that WILL one-shot you due to the high HP of T17 monsters. I don’t think there exists a build in league that can survive this hit.

Unless you are 1000% confident that you can spot and perfectly avoid the old DD, you need to replace this mob using an allflame.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

euphronius posted:

It’s always global on jewels

Do you mean in the sense of application or the mods because I definitely have a corrupted jewel with "10% increased damage" on it and others that says "% increased global physical damage". You're saying there's no difference?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What are you getting confused about

Yes. All global.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Here

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Zmej posted:

this mfer right here has tripped me up more times than I want to admit:

son of a-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ok. It's just VERY rare in PoE that two mods that would ostensibly have the same effect actually DO have the exact same effect. There's usually some weird twisted PoE logic that makes one function differently than the other if the wording is different.