Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Some beautiful names on that list, allen voraus Jonny-Bix Bongers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

Goa Tse-tung posted:

BMI (SPD) dafür
BMJ (FDP) dagegen

meine Fresse!

was my first thought too.
Second one, I like to make my share of FDP-Jokes, but to give credit where it's due, Buschmann might be the best minister they had since ... the Genschmän? Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Extremely low loving bar.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Spin And Speed posted:

Second one, I like to make my share of FDP-Jokes, but to give credit where it's due, Buschmann might be the best minister they had since ... the Genschmän? Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Also: https://x.com/starkwatzinger/status/1788275720776491495

In good news however, it turns out that Israel is not actually doing a Großoffensive in Rafah, they are merely doing a militärische Spezialoperation in the east, and we do love those after all!

https://x.com/TiloJung/status/1788195486001742169

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Spin And Speed posted:

Buschmann still did his damnedest to gently caress around with the Selbstbestimmungsgesetz for no other reason but to appeal to some transphobes who'll be opposed to it one way or another. So I'm gonna go with "don't gotta hand it to them"

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

Antigravitas posted:

Extremely low loving bar.

Yeah that is the point I was trying to make (clumsily). If this is the best they can do... Let's see how 5% hurdle plays out (I'm gespannt).

Perestroika posted:

Buschmann still did his damnedest to gently caress around with the Selbstbestimmungsgesetz for no other reason but to appeal to some transphobes who'll be opposed to it one way or another. So I'm gonna go with "don't gotta hand it to them"

Oh. That went by me somehow. Sorry, I missed that.
gently caress this guy. Not specifically for being an FDP person, but for the very reason you cited. Punkt!

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019
Also I just wanted to mention Gensch-Män to confuse our non- German posting-friends :)

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

i saw this tweet and thought it was just some insane random person, but no, its the Minister of Education and Research

this country is so hosed lol

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

nawilo_420 posted:

i saw this tweet and thought it was just some insane random person, but no, its the Minister of Education and Research

this country is so hosed lol

Of the Freiheitspartei FDP

Freiheit to love genocide or get crushed by the cops

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Looks like it will soon be time to ensure we all have the right Parteibuch in the night stand under our picture of Scholz. Or Söder in my case.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Don't worry, our politicians are getting the experts on the case https://twitter.com/derJamesJackson/status/1788703192936526188?t=q3qV6hUkywKUh1SYtZ2_lw&s=19

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
There is no limit to the new German Staatsräson

https://twitter.com/PolizeiBerlin_E/status/1788523249518678208?t=XM8pLjZv5khKTz1jhvmDSA&s=19

https://twitter.com/jungewelt/status/1788518477898158372?t=ebTXMuRTtQ_uMaSLEflZQw&s=19

https://twitter.com/carmelanegrete/status/1788627438886396184?t=KV62CGf8_E6JTTJ-6gA5DA&s=19

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Wait, what? Displaying a well-known, 80 year old historical picture is VERBOTEN? What the gently caress is the justification for this? :dafuq:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

InappropriateJazz posted:

Wait, what? Displaying a well-known, 80 year old historical picture is VERBOTEN? What the gently caress is the justification for this? :dafuq:

Apparently it goes back to an ordnance outlawing pro-Russian symbols due to the invasion of Ukraine, such as the current Russian Federation flag or the Z insignia, which was also in place the last two years. This was apparently instituted as a response to pro-Russian shitters trying to use the day to drum up pro-Invasion sentiment. But it's supposed to have exemptions for WW2 veterans, and you'd really think that an relevant historical photograph of a separate state's flag would/should be exempt as well.

https://www.rbb24.de/panorama/beitr...schoenholz.html

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

quote:

OVG bestätigt Verbote der versammlungsrechtlichen Allgemeinverfügung zum 8./9. Mai 2023 – 10/23

Pressemitteilung vom 08.05.2023

Das Oberverwaltungsgericht Berlin-Brandenburg hat heute entschieden, dass weder St.-Georgs-Bänder, St.-Georgs-Fahnen, russische Fahnen und Flaggen noch die Flagge der UdSSR am 9. Mai 2023 vor dem sowjetischen Ehrenmal im Tiergarten gezeigt werden dürfen. Der Senat hat damit eine anderslautende Entscheidung des Verwaltungsgerichts Berlin vom 6. Mai 2023 geändert. Es verbleibt demnach auch insoweit bei den Regelungen der Allgemeinverfügung der Polizei Berlin.

Der 1. Senat hat zur Begründung seiner Entscheidung ausgeführt: Die Prognose der Polizei, dass die Symbole angesichts des fortdauernden Angriffskrieges gegen die Ukraine geeignet seien, Gewaltbereitschaft zu vermitteln, treffe zu. Denn sie könnten im aktuellen Kontext jedenfalls als Sympathiebekundung für die Kriegsführung verstanden werden. Die offenbar gezielte Intensivierung der russischen Luftangriffe auf die Ukraine und ihre Zivilbevölkerung am heutigen Tage trage zu einer weiteren Verschärfung der Konfliktlage bei und zeige, dass eine Trennung des Gedenkens des Kriegsendes und des erneuten Kriegsgeschehens in der Ukraine nicht möglich sei.

Über die Verwendung ukrainischer Symbole hatte der Senat nicht zu entscheiden.

Der Beschluss ist unanfechtbar.

Beschluss vom 8. Mai 2023 – OVG 1 S 42/23

https://www.berlin.de/gerichte/oberverwaltungsgericht/presse/pressemitteilungen/2023/pressemitteilung.1321697.php

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lmao

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
When I think about how much of a police state Europe has become and how little Europeans are commenting on it, I am reminded of the boiling frog apologue.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well, I assume a lot of it comes down to most people not knowing about these things happening, because they are not twitter users and this stuff is not discussed in the Tagesschau, and certainly not in RTL news and similar “news”on private channels.

If you guys did not post this I would not know about it at all and hardly anyone in my circle of 40ish year olds does.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Thank you for the context! Powerful candidate for the yearly 'technically correct' award for sure.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Northern Lights in the sky, woo! Birds making crazy noises. Frogs also freaking out.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Where are you? Can’t see them from here in Munich

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I'm in Munich and I can see at least a Northern Lights

(:haw:)

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Went out to see them but as usual we had constant cloud cover :negative:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Double-post, but goddamn the taz has just about hit rock bottom. Their latest is literally just Nuhr-tier "Why do the kids like Palestine?... THEIR GENDER!!!😂😂😂"

quote:

Koi (hen/they), queer­po­li­ti­sche*r Spre­che­r*in der Initiative, sagt: „Wir waren diese ständigen Vorwürfe leid, dass wir uns als queere und trans* Menschen so stark für ein freies Palästina engagieren, als ob wir nicht wüssten, dass die Hamas in Gaza queere Menschen zurzeit noch eher ablehnt und Frauenrechte nicht ganz ausreichend beachtet“, beteuert hen. „Wir sind ja nicht naiv. Aber wir glauben fest an eine Transformation der Hamas in ein genderqueeres Kollektiv nach der erfolgreichen Dekolonialisierung.“
https://taz.de/Die-Wahrheit/!6007312/

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Imagine trying to write Satire in the year 2024.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
That’s so insanely cursed

quote:

CW rape
„Und wir sehen da positive Anzeichen. Die Hamas scheint Sexualkontakte zu Andersgläubigen ja nicht per se abzulehnen wie manche Kämpfer des 7. Okto…“

jfc this got printed in a national newspaper

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Die Wahrheit is regularly absolutely bottom-tier Satire attempts.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, I was about to say that. taz is excellent, die Wahrheit is mostly terrible, and don't even ask about the daily semi-political comic.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Satire should be illegal and self-described Satiriker should be mercilessly hunted down

Back when I was on Twitter it was always the worst dudes who had "Achtung Satire" in their profile

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think it's also taz that has the Turkish columnist who writes like a third rate Ephraim Kishon knockoff

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

aphid_licker posted:

Satire should be illegal and self-described Satiriker should be mercilessly hunted down

Back when I was on Twitter it was always the worst dudes who had "Achtung Satire" in their profile

I always felt that if you have to put "Hello, I'm funny" into your irgendwas, then that is more like a warning that no humor will be found here

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There's a Max Goldt text where he ponders what he "is" and mentions a writer named Gabriel Laub who has "Satiriker" on his business card.

quote:

Satiriker sind also Leute, die für die Bild-Zeitung schreiben und Visitenkarten mit sich herumtragen, auf denen "Satiriker" steht. So einer möchte man natürlich nicht sein!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

My Lovely Horse posted:

There's a Max Goldt text where he ponders what he "is" and mentions a writer named Gabriel Laub who has "Satiriker" on his business card.

BRB, off printing business cards with "Let's Player" on them

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I have a pristine, never opened stack of business cards that say Lurker

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Hey man, we've all been talking and I'm not sure how I came to be the one that's supposed to tell you but we all would like you to start handing them out

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Let’s see Aphid Licker‘s card.

SRF
Oct 31, 2011

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Give me back my cards.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

I think it's also taz that has the Turkish columnist who writes like a third rate Ephraim Kishon knockoff

Uh, if you mean Deniz Yücel, that ended like 8 years ago oder so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Uh, if you mean Deniz Yücel, that ended like 8 years ago oder so.

Yücel's writing has insanely limited Kishon vibes imo

:five: